Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great point about: why no immediate ATM withdrawals. I don't believe there have been any reports of credit card use either. But I don't think that (in the case of a kidnapping) LE would necessarily release that information to the public.

I'm also not sure we know whether AW even had any bank cards with him - though maybe that's been covered and I missed it. I think RJ indicated that when he went looking for AW that morning, he was calling hospitals because he was afraid that AW had been in an accident and maybe didn't have any ID on him. Jmo
Why I think he must have had a bank card is because he stopped for gas. On the other hand some people like to pay Cash, so there is that. But wasn’t how the family knew he got gas there because of the payment record of it? I could be mistaken, though. Maybe they have traced him there with video footage. I can’t remember right now.

3,) AW met someone and got into the other person’s car to do and/or speak about whatever and in the course of it something went horribly wrong wherever they were at that time.
[/QUOTE]
Snipped for focus.
Could it be possible that if he was meeting with someone his husband was aware of this and that is why ge became worried so quickly? Maybe that knowledge just hasn't been released to the public?

Could it be possible that if he was meeting with someone his husband was aware of this and that is why ge became worried so quickly? Maybe that knowledge just hasn't been released to the public?

I suppose it's possible but it does seem like a rather odd detail to leave out.

jmo

Why I think he must have had a bank card is because he stopped for gas. On the other hand some people like to pay Cash, so there is that. But wasn’t how the family knew he got gas there because of the payment record of it? I could be mistaken, though. Maybe they have traced him there with video footage. I can’t remember right now.

So much about this case is so strange. I agree I think he must have had a credit card or bank card on him. But as I recall it took a while before the gas station detail and footage came out. It was all “Dallas executive gone missing after last seen at the gym” for a while.

I feel like credit card charges post to my account pretty quickly and would lead much more quickly to the point of sale than we saw here (but honestly I don’t check my accounts much so maybe others can weigh in on how quickly charges post - especially gas from RaceTrac).

So did it take awhile to release gas station info because... :
- they were holding back for investigative reasons such as hoping witnesses would volunteer seeing him at gas station etc. or had reason to believe he was kidnapped?
- AW had his accounts on lockdown for some reason, even from his spouse (which could raise questions about financial relations, possible motive)?
- AW used company card/ business account inaccessible by spouse?
- AW used cash or a gift card so there was no digital trail?

I think it is possible that Alan was forced to take out money at gun point or the like and we just don’t know about it. So much about the case is strange I rule nothing out.

I will say I also found it very strange that they didn’t release or figure out he was wearing bright red/pink sneakers until the gas station video came out. Bright red shirt too, but I mean the confusion there seems more understandable to me than running shoes. It seems like a quick assessment of the closet would glean that the bright red sneakers were missing. I mean how many pairs of gym shoes did AW have in the rotation? I haven’t looked at the home set up well enough to know if a home surveillance camera would have caught Alan leaving in the AM. Mine would, but night vision would probably still be on before 5 am rendering colors difficult to discern.

Just throwing thoughts out there ... I still think stranger crime of opportunity is most likely.

Right. Thanks for adding that. Again like credit or bank card I think that probably posts the charge to the account quickly but correct me if I’m wrong.

I'm not sure as I don't use Apple Cash. I think it would depend on who had access to his ICloud account. Also need to know if that gas station accepted Apple Pay.

Manage your Apple Cash account

Supposing that this was a random carjacking gone wrong, there is no evidence of any kind of struggle in the car or out of the car and no body anywhere.

There are events that are clearly random and someone was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Nothing about what has been disclosed suggests that scenario happened. Normal people are not carjacked and disappear without any trace whatsoever.

Do we have any particular reason to believe that there was no evidence of trouble in the car? LE are notorious for keeping evidence to themselves, unless they feel that there’s a reason to release the evidence.

I have so many questions as to how this sale went through. I was under the impression that one cannot use a POA for someone who is missing - and if declared dead, the POA is not valid, and said person has to be proven to be alive for a POA to be in play.
If one searches the recorded deed and other documents filed with a property sale, one can see how the sale of the property may have been completed based on the sale of another property. I don't feel comfortable disclosing the details here, but they can be found online.

My personal thought: They may have been a long term couple (before Alan and Rusty's marriage could be legally recognized in their state) and may have certain document prepared back then to protect each others' interests.

Do we have any particular reason to believe that there was no evidence of trouble in the car? LE are notorious for keeping evidence to themselves, unless they feel that there’s a reason to release the evidence.

This was extensively talked about on WS when the car was discovered. I don't believe there was really a consensus. People were asking/speculating if the windows were opened or what the weather had been like. I think the car did show signs of being washed inside but it wasn't clear if it was done intentionally by an unknown person or by the weather.

LE has been fairly tight-lipped about this case, people were also asking why there haven't been vigils or search parties or the like.

More and more I see people using this logic. What you’re basically asking is, “Why didn’t the criminal do the right thing while in the midst of doing the wrong thing?” The answer is simple. It’s the spur of the moment and the person has already decided to take an expensive car that doesn’t belong to them (“according to this scenario), so is it a huge stretch for them to commit murder while in the act of the theft? No, it is not. People die during the commission of relatively petty crimes every day. Muggings, convenience store robberies, etc.

Not to mention, you have no idea if Alan was willing to give up the car quietly. Or that the thief intended to use a “chop shop” in the first place.

BBM. In my opinion, it is a stretch to think that a car thief would murder a man, ditch the car he stole, and then dispose of said man's body in such a way that it has not been found for 4 months.

I suppose it could be an organized gang of ruthless car thieves, but wouldn't we have heard of this happening to other people in the immediate area, before or after?

BBM. In my opinion, it is a stretch to think that a car thief would murder a man, ditch the car he stole, and then dispose of said man's body in such a way that it has not been found for 4 months.

I suppose it could be an organized gang of ruthless car thieves, but wouldn't we have heard of this happening to other people in the immediate area, before or after?
Someone upthread suggested this was a bunch of inept hoodlums. Things escalated and they dumped the car after Alan was killed in a struggle.

sounds plausible.

amateur opinion and speculation

Someone upthread suggested this was a bunch of inept hoodlums. Things escalated and they dumped the car after Alan was killed in a struggle.

sounds plausible.

amateur opinion and speculation
And very difficult to find a body thrown somewhere random.

The only weird thing is how does that happen when you're in a locked and moving car- not being a car-jacker, it just seems like I am safe unless I open the door for someone.

The only weird thing is how does that happen when you're in a locked and moving car- not being a car-jacker, it just seems like I am safe unless I open the door for someone.
Exactly. Since like 1999 I have never saw a high-end newer car anymore which wasn’t automatically locking all doors above rolling speed. OK, maybe even longer. My car locks all doors at 30 kph which would be something like 18,6 mph. Of course one can disable it but why would anyone, especially in a big city? IMO the dealership wouldn’t as they would want their loaner back.

You're right - we're guessing and it's really hard to say. Upthread we speculated he was flagged down on a ruse of some sort. Who knows. We don't have any idea what (if any) additional cam footage LE has. Maybe much more has been revealed to them that we are unaware of. Which, I tend to speculate is likely so.

What a sad case, and such pain for RJ and all Alan's loved ones.

Amateur opinion and speculation

But it’s not. It’s very difficult to find a body that’s been buried, but really not difficult at all to find a body “thrown somewhere random.” These bodies turn up. All the time. Pretty sure this fact means we can rule out hit men/women, random street crime/gangs/punks and garden variety carjackers. Only a handful of people (or two or three handfuls) in the US are killed every year in carjackings and the number whose bodies aren’t found is, well, pretty much zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member