UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would suggest the silver car wasn’t known to CL or she would have got a lift to the post office. The car would have waited and then dropped her at home. Interesting to see a similar silver vehicle repeatedly.

personally I think she went out around 9pm with the intention of being dropped at work in the morning. The breakfast Bowls kind of works against that theory though but I don’t believe she would make her bed at that time in the morning. What was in her bins was there evidence of her enjoying an evening meal at home or had she left earlier.

Would be interesting to know how she got to work after the heavy night earlier in the week. Did her new BF drop her off?

PJ3 - pointless post. He likely had nothing to do with it and the numerous CCTV cameras on the flats behind would be well known
Around the middle of last year I established two theories. I think it’s all you can do, the police with their vast bank of evidence still look at two lines. One as you suggest she went somewhere else on the 18th, and one she left for work on the 19th. The breakfast pots - don’t hamper your theory in my opinion as if you think through it logically there’s an accumulation. Similarly her bed - was it made or not slept in? Her rucksack however - must of been taken out by her, happily and alive. No signs of a disturbance inside her home, no blood, no screams. In my opinion whatever has happened has happened away from her home. I think because she’s not seen on cctv on the 19th - there has to be an explanation - could it be that she left by the rear door on the 19th into Heworth place looking for a lift to work? Having visited the site many times - if it was me(as Claudia) and I was getting a life from Heworth place - I’d go out the front door and round - the back alley is all overgrown and at that time of the year wet, messy - I just find it hard to visualise

Looking at the posting video she walks in posts walks out the other side. If she was coming from home wouldn't she walk in from the other side post then return the same direction she came from?

I certainly agree; I got the impression the post box incident happened on Claudia's way home from work ?

Wasn’t the cctv of the lurker enhanced somewhere, it was suggested by someone that he was a portly chat with a receding hair line wasn’t it?

Not sure if that’s correct or just wild speculation trying to get a known character to fit the rather grainy image.....

I am sure there was some poor quality footage shown as well on here from 5am-ish that showed 2 people near Claudia's front door. I am sure someone said they'd had the images cleaned up, and it looked like a Male and Female were present

Around the middle of last year I established two theories. I think it’s all you can do, the police with their vast bank of evidence still look at two lines. One as you suggest she went somewhere else on the 18th, and one she left for work on the 19th. The breakfast pots - don’t hamper your theory in my opinion as if you think through it logically there’s an accumulation. Similarly her bed - was it made or not slept in? Her rucksack however - must of been taken out by her, happily and alive. No signs of a disturbance inside her home, no blood, no screams. In my opinion whatever has happened has happened away from her home. I think because she’s not seen on cctv on the 19th - there has to be an explanation - could it be that she left by the rear door on the 19th into Heworth place looking for a lift to work? Having visited the site many times - if it was me(as Claudia) and I was getting a life from Heworth place - I’d go out the front door and round - the back alley is all overgrown and at that time of the year wet, messy - I just find it hard to visualise
What a coincidence as a moment ago I was thinking about if she left by the back door. You say "I think because she’s not seen on cctv on the 19th - there has to be an explanation - could it be that she left by the rear door on the 19th into Heworth place looking for a lift to work" Would be interested to know who was living at 15 HP when she went missing, think it was possibly being rented out as ownership didn't change until August 2009 when it was jointly purchased by 1 of the 4 and his ex. Could her then current boyfriend, a student or a colleague have been the tenant and was offering her a lift to work?

Last edited:
Evaluate it - let’s say Claudia left for work on the 19th as normal through her front door (or back door) there’s washing in the sink - so we have not got an empty sink to return home to. Let’s say during the evening around 8.23pm she went missing we haven’t got an empty sink. There is in my opinion more than 1 days washing up in the sink - I do not believe Claudia was as tidy as her house suggested. In respect of the sink I could write a 3000 word essay on it - there’s loads of clues in there and after the rucksack - it has to be one of the pivotal pieces of evidence. In my opinion

Sorry If this has been discussed before

The sink picture at the following link:
REVEALED: Claudia Lawrence ‘Mystery Man’ CCTV enhanced in cold case review - The Commentator

After looking at this picture; I.M.O (feel free anyone to 'pull me up' if you disagree :) ) :

• I acknowledge items may have been added by the perpetrator/perpetrators as ''Red Herrings'' or removed by the authorities for examination
  • I can only see 2 pieces of cutlery which I presume is a knife and fork combination?
  • I do not think we should presume they have been used in a Breakfast meal; where is the spoon?
  • What are the White particles in the bowl? Is it remnants of cereal with Milk soaked in? Or is it Yoghurt or bread ?
  • Does anyone know what Claudia normally had for breakfast?
  • What dark implement is under the dinner plate, bowl and tea plate? You can see the corner of the item on the bottom left hand side of the picture. Is it a small and shallow frying pan; or is it the corner of an oven tray? To me, it looks like the handle of a long sharp kitchen knife. If you look at the back of the sink, you can see the end of the blade between the 2 pint glasses on the left of the sink
  • Why are there only 2 pieces of cutlery present; yet there is a dinner plate, bowl and tea plate?
  • Could someone clean the picture up' and work out what is in the bowl? Could it be remnants of Prawn Crackers?
  • Have the pint glasses been filled up unintentionally when Claudia has been brushing her Teeth because the taps have been running?
  • Maybe Claudia was very tidy; and the items were from a meal on the night of the 18th, but Claudia never had a chance to deal with the washing up

The back alley was clear near Claudia's house but overgrown further along the alley towards the Nags Head

Evaluate it - let’s say Claudia left for work on the 19th as normal through her front door (or back door) there’s washing in the sink - so we have not got an empty sink to return home to. Let’s say during the evening around 8.23pm she went missing we haven’t got an empty sink. There is in my opinion more than 1 days washing up in the sink - I do not believe Claudia was as tidy as her house suggested. In respect of the sink I could write a 3000 word essay on it - there’s loads of clues in there and after the rucksack - it has to be one of the pivotal pieces of evidence. In my opinion

If the item at the bottom of the sink was a long sharp kitchen knife; would Claudia(as a chef) be likely to put this sort of equipment into a sink?!

What a coincidence as a moment ago I was thinking about if she left by the back door. You say "I think because she’s not seen on cctv on the 19th - there has to be an explanation - could it be that she left by the rear door on the 19th into Heworth place looking for a lift to work" Would be interested to know who was living at 15 HP when she went missing, think it was possibly being rented out as ownership didn't change until August 2009 when it was jointly purchased by 1 of the 4 and his ex. Could her then current boyfriend, a student or a colleague have been the tenant and was offering her a lift to work?
But she was walking to work most days and for the exercise too .
But , probably, would not say no to anyone she knew offering her a lift if they happen to be passing

And that never happened because she would have been capture by the same camera that captured the dark man .

Do you think it possible, if 2 people were involved in the disappearance of CL, that one person may have kept the phone with them whilst the second person disposed of CL? Then one called the phone from a phonebox to say ok Job done, get rid of the belongings.
I keep telling myself surely not but a little voice keeps saying why not.

Sorry If this has been discussed before

The sink picture at the following link:
REVEALED: Claudia Lawrence ‘Mystery Man’ CCTV enhanced in cold case review - The Commentator

After looking at this picture; I.M.O (feel free anyone to 'pull me up' if you disagree :) ) :

• I acknowledge items may have been added by the perpetrator/perpetrators as ''Red Herrings'' or removed by the authorities for examination
  • I can only see 2 pieces of cutlery which I presume is a knife and fork combination?
  • I do not think we should presume they have been used in a Breakfast meal; where is the spoon?
  • What are the White particles in the bowl? Is it remnants of cereal with Milk soaked in? Or is it Yoghurt or bread ?
  • Does anyone know what Claudia normally had for breakfast?
  • What dark implement is under the dinner plate, bowl and tea plate? You can see the corner of the item on the bottom left hand side of the picture. Is it a small and shallow frying pan; or is it the corner of an oven tray? To me, it looks like the handle of a long sharp kitchen knife. If you look at the back of the sink, you can see the end of the blade between the 2 pint glasses on the left of the sink
  • Why are there only 2 pieces of cutlery present; yet there is a dinner plate, bowl and tea plate?
  • Could someone clean the picture up' and work out what is in the bowl? Could it be remnants of Prawn Crackers?
  • Have the pint glasses been filled up unintentionally when Claudia has been brushing her Teeth because the taps have been running?
  • Maybe Claudia was very tidy; and the items were from a meal on the night of the 18th, but Claudia never had a chance to deal with the washing up
If you’ve clicked on the commentator article my advice is to run your antivirus software as I said before, my internet provider warned me not to open it !!

You've probably got your virus checker on high security Pope. You always seem to be getting warnings that nobody else gets. Check your firewall.

Apologies; there looks as if there is a second knife at the right hand side of the sink

You've probably got your virus checker on high security Pope. You always seem to be getting warnings that nobody else gets. Check your firewall.
I’m happy to leave things as they are in fact I don’t think I should be here really .

But she was walking to work most days and for the exercise too .
But , probably, would not say no to anyone she knew offering her a lift if they happen to be passing
If as you say she was walking to work most days wonder if her dads offer to lend her his car on 19th was a one off. Perhaps he suspected or sensed she was in danger?

If as you say she was walking to work most days wonder if her dads offer to lend her his car on 19th was a one off. Perhaps he suspected or sensed she was in danger?
Her dad bless him may RIP had offered her his car in the past and I believe she took that offer probably weekends and or when he was on holidays.

She lies, and probably make more sense if going to do so by saying nothing at all x
With respect I don’t think SC was ever caught in a lie .
By the looks of things SC tended to go there ( NH) late in the evening as opposed to Dad .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong