26 February (Lower) Court Date*
Defendant:
Claire Elaina Miller, 14

- Manheim Township,
Lancaster County,
Pennsylvania -
- Monday, 22 February 2021 -

1)) Lancaster Online dot Com:
Read the criminal complaint: Lancaster Country Day School student charged with killing her sister
[GRAPHIC Text]

2)) Google™ Supplements & Updates:
Helen Miller - Claire Miller - PA - Google Search

3)) Pennsylvania Court Docket:
*https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/Report/MdjDocketSheet?docketNumber=MJ-02102-CR-0000057-2021&dnh=Uu1OQZZnPnnCj8BLJcwwJA==
via: Case Search

4)) Historically:
Cause of Death :: Stab Wound
Manner of Death :: Homicide
Mechanism of Death :: Exsanguination

5)) PA "Juvenile Act"
Pennsylvania Statutes Title 42 Pa.C.S.A. Judiciary and Judicial Procedure § 6301 | FindLaw
& = And - [AMP' err sand]
§ = Section / Silcrow - [SILL
' crow]
§§ = Sub-Section - [Double-Silcrow]

= Trademark
Autopsy = Body Examination to Determine Cause & Manner of Death
C.S.A. = Consolidated Statutes - Annotated
DA = District Attorney
Exsanguination = Major Blood Loss
F/14 = Female / Age 14
F/19 = Female / Age 19
F1 = Felony-Grade Crime of the 1st Degree
Fratricide = Killing of One's Sister
LCP = Lancaster County Prison
LE = Law Enforcement
LWOP = Life With-Out Parole
ME = Medical Examiner
MJ = (Lower) Magisterial District Judge Court
Ms. = Female Form of Mr. / Mister

via = by-way-of
YOA = Years of Age

Our Support to All Domestic Violence
Survivors and Victims...

[Contribution # 7897
Thread # 560436]

Last edited:
This is so disturbing. I wonder how the parents slept through all of this - it doesn’t sound like they woke up until after LE arrived. But I also question an early decision to try a 14 yo as an adult, without knowing anything about what’s going on for her. Heartbreaking no matter what.

"A Manheim Township teenager is charged with killing her older sister in her family home in the early morning hours on February 22, 2021. Officers with the Manheim Township Police Department were dispatched shortly after 1:00 am Monday, February 22, 2021, to the 1500 Block of Clayton Road, Manheim Township, after a female called 911 and reported that she had killed her sister. Arriving officers were met by Claire E. Miller F/14 who directed them to a bedroom where they found Helen M. Miller F/19 with a stab wound in her neck. Officers and EMS personnel attempted lifesaving measures, but they were unsuccessful. Information obtained so far determined that the incident happened during the overnight hours when the girls’ parents were asleep."

IMO, it is unusual to see such a young accused person have their name publicly released and shared by the press: "The Lancaster County District Attorney’s Office is assisting with the investigation and approved charging Claire Miller with Criminal Homicide. Miller will be arraigned by Magisterial District Judge David Miller. It is expected that Miller will be transported to Lancaster County Prison after arraignment on the charge of Homicide. Anyone charged with homicide in Pennsylvania is not eligible for bail. Claire Miller is being charged as an adult because homicide is not considered a delinquent act in Pennsylvania."

Sourced via CRIMEWATCH®: NEWS POST: 14 Year-Old Charged With Homicide of Sibling

The deceased young woman, HM, apparently had cerebral palsy and may have been non-verbal. Girl, 14, 'killed wheelchair-bound sister, 19, by stabbing her in neck'

Edited to add: Felt weird about using The Sun as a source for my claim above (I know it's technically MSM, but it's just so...sleazy) so was able to verify that HM attended the HMS School for Children with Cerebral Palsy. https://hmsschool.imgix.net/media/2018/12/FamilyDirectory18-19.pdf
The school is located in the University City section of Philadelphia, and has a residential program for students who live too far away to commute or who want to live on their campus as a transitional step between high school graduation and independent living.

Last edited:
<modsnip>

This girl attends Lancaster Country Day.School. College Prep. Big time tuition.

She'll need big time lawyer.

Poor Helen. Poor parents. Poor 14 year old. Why?

That was crazy to me. That's a good school.....not at all a place you'd expect a murdered to be lurking about. These poor parents :(.

I think some of the Gosselin kids went there.

Last edited by a moderator:
That was crazy to me. That's a good school.....not at all a place you'd expect a murdered to be lurking about. These poor parents :(.

I think some of the Gosselin kids went there.

I feel like this will either be explained as a misguided attempt at a "mercy killing" (i.e., CM thought that HM was suffering due to her disability) OR the result of one sibling resenting the fact that their sibling demanded so much time/attention from their parents (through no fault of the sibling's own).

I feel like this will either be explained as a misguided attempt at a "mercy killing" (i.e., CM thought that HM was suffering due to her disability) OR the result of one sibling resenting the fact that their sibling demanded so much time/attention from their parents (through no fault of the sibling's own).
I was thinking exactly this.

I'm not sure about the dynamics of this story, but a non-disabled 19 killed a disabled 14 sibling while parents are sleeping. Correct? Anything else?

It's an unusual story, in that, we don't often encounter these kind of cases. Sib on Sib. One disabled, one not. It's usually the parents. Do we have anymore background on the players? Thanks Richrd and lisaNYC.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back