UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bus footage.
I’ve tried to upload a screen shot, if you let the bus footage run until you get to the two vehicles parked outside 46 Heworth road and take a screen shot you will see a large man approaching the front vehicle - I have a screen shot of him but file size too big so can’t upload - try it for yourself

When I mentioned her and asked about it he said "urgh, horrible woman". I asked why he thought that and he said she had spat in his face and accused him of taking her the longer route instead of the route she had requested. I guess that fits in with reports of her being being little 'messy' when drunk and saying the wrong thing or upsetting people
Well did he take her the longer route ?
His word for it now but since he is your friend can you have an educated guess ?

His word for it now but since he is your friend can you have an educated guess ?
Spat in his face! people can accidentally do this when drunk or expressing annoyance especially if taken the wrong route, even worry or panic imo x

When I mentioned her and asked about it he said "urgh, horrible woman". I asked why
The bus footage.
I’ve tried to upload a screen shot, if you let the bus footage run until you get to the two vehicles parked outside 46 Heworth road and take a screen shot you will see a large man approaching the front vehicle - I have a screen shot of him but file size too big so can’t upload - try it for yourself
Does he resemble ( in shape and size ) our lurker (dark man ) ?

People seem to forget she was in that house for around 2.5 years only plus had a lodger for a whole year ! That would not be for free .
And I believe she sold her first house before she bought no 46.
If something untoward was going on with her ‘customers’ at the uni one of them would have told the police for sure and they would have bared it in mind so ... move on !
Her finances gave never added up, lodger or not and never will, either she was getting money from her dad or she had an outside source of income

I think it is a fair chance the outside income activity lead to her demise, what that income derived from is open to speculation, but I think it can be narrowed down to 2 possibilities, unless as I say her dad was giving her money

The bus footage.
I think it is a fair chance the outside income activity lead to her demise, what that income derived from is open to speculation, but I think it can be narrowed down to 2 possibilities, unless as I say her dad was giving her money

The bus footage.
Cctv bus footage - man seen approaching car

this is what I captured by accident last night - can you see the man? Who is he? Is it alleyway man?

Attachments

• 9C64E9C7-5826-4084-8FB4-7FA200420B62.jpeg
    9C64E9C7-5826-4084-8FB4-7FA200420B62.jpeg
    48.5 KB · Views: 119
The police looked into her income and dismissed it . I say move on .

It certainly appears to be a face behind the car.
I have been reviewing the footage again and I am starting to lean towards the mystery car being the maroon Volvo V40 which features in Major Lang’s report. Registration L33**M. The near side rear light has the horizontal clear indicator and the horizontal section on the bumper is noticeable. The fact they have a lot of glass in the tailgate makes it more difficult to see the shape which initially lead me to the Audi TT. The other part is the o/s rear wheel catching the light. I felt this may have been a sporty design wheel but looking at the Volvo wheel design it was a light silver and more showy than I would have expected.
Does this then tie in with the witness statement surrounding a couple arguing by a maroon car? I dismissed this as a red herring but surely the full CCTV footage and phone data would support this.

we have most of the pieces of the puzzle but without all the untouched CCTV from all cameras we are going to struggle to piece them together

Okay a couple of final points from me. From viewing google SV the maroon Volvo is parked outside 19HP and in different positions suggesting that’s where the owner lived. The white Astra van ( Concrete grinding) is parked in the cul-de-sac next to number 19. So they are both locals but would the Volvo need to park directly outside 46 on Wednesday evening? Surely you would park outside your own house and hop over the fence into the NH if you fancied a pint? Almost having two cars blocking her front door seems intentional, would bus CCTV from earlier in the week show cars parked at 46?

Major Lang’s report suggests the silver car heading past the post office was a Renault. I don’t recognise the shape as a Renault perhaps more Mercedes. There is a silver Toyota parked next door to number 19 but I am unsure if the shape matches up.

I would expect the properties and cars to have been searched so I can see why the NYP would bring in the suspects. Without a crime scene you can understand that trying to break into what appears to be an incestuous group so difficult.

I don't know, he said that she refused to pay him and spat at him because he took the longer route but he said that had taken her the way she had requested. If she was really drunk and it was dark she might have been mistaken.

I don't know, he said that she refused to pay him and spat at him because he took the longer route but he said that had taken her the way she had requested. If she was really drunk and it was dark she might have been mistaken.
It begs the question: did she pay him in the end ?
Hmm is there anything else you forgot to mention lol
Did she produce a gun when refusing to pay him ?
I’m sorry I fail to see why you did not mention the fact she refused to pay him in your first post ?
But it has been more than 12 years bless you .
I assume he spoke to the police about the incident ?

Last edited:
Spat in his face! people can accidentally do this when drunk or expressing annoyance especially if taken the wrong route, even worry or panic imo x

The way he described it was as thought it was done on purpose. But I guess 12 years has passed so maybe memory gets a little cloudy after a long time.

I mentioned it because it really surprised me - after the way almost everyone described her it doesn't really seem to fit in. There is being drunk and maybe getting a little 'bitchy' (someone said she would pull faces behind people's backs when drunk, but I'm not sure which friend it was or which article I read it in) but then there is being outright rude. Her character was pulled apart by the media so I didn't want to contribute to that by talking about this 'spitting' incident, but i don't have any reason to think that he made it up. It is an anecdotal bit of evidence (which I admit isn't always reliable) but could be thrown into the mix as to working out a motive - if it wasn't the jealous lover or partner of a lover, then maybe she had she said or done something that might have lead to what happened.

I just want to clarify though, I don't think for a second that whatever happened to her was justified because of something she said or did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans