Identified! AZ - Coconino Co, 'Valentine Sally' WhtFem 585UFAZ, 14-19, along I-40, Feb'82 -Carolyn Celeste Eaton

For one of the last persons to see Eaton alive all those years ago, Patty Wilkins can now have some peace.

“Well, I’m going to cry. It’s like one of my girls,” said Wilkins. “It’s only been me and her. Now she’s got a family. Isn’t that great? It doesn’t get any better.”

Wilkins believes she saw Eaton alive at her family's truck stop on or around February 2 in 1982. Eaton's body was found just a mile up the road on February 14. Detectives believe she was dead for about two weeks before she was found.

“We’ve got a name and I’m no longer in charge of her,” said Wilkins. “I love you and I’m glad you’re going home.”

“We didn’t want to give you false hope that we were going to make a positive ID,” said Coconino County Sheriff Jim Driscoll, on why his office wouldn’t do an interview with us or give us details several weeks ago when we were working on our investigation. “She had run away in December and she was a troubled kid. She had some issues.”
'Valentine Sally' in Arizona has been identified after 40 years

Also why? Was it urgent? I ask because being on the road, possibly working as a dishwasher and/or trying to get to the east coast, it seems like dental surgery wouldn't be that pressing of an issue for her.
That kind of pain can be debilitating, and maybe that was all she could afford. She tried to do what she could for herself, so is it possible that the dentist was working for a social health facility?

Good news,

I received a response from CCSD, in regards to the possibility that the suspect seen with Carolyn being RRL. They said that they forwarded this tip to the detectives.

I also asked if there is going to be some sort of livestream conference where LE releases details of Carolyn and photos of her.

Hopefully we get an answer soon!

That kind of pain can be debilitating, and maybe that was all she could afford. She tried to do what she could for herself, so is it possible that the dentist was working for a social health facility?
It's possible, i think that she got her treatment in December.

Maybe she took her antibiotics with her, and if the witness account is true, she possibly kept them in her friends's residence, or maybe she ran out of those.

Fly High! Carolyn
t1317.gif

Oh man, I've gotten myself all emotional thinking about what Patty feels.

She was the last one to see Carolyn alive, and no doubt thought about her every day. I can't imagine what she's thinking right now, it must be so bittersweet for her.

Rest in Peace Carolyn. <3

Oh man, I've gotten myself all emotional thinking about what Patty feels.

She was the last one to see Carolyn alive, and no doubt thought about her every day. I can't imagine what she's thinking right now, it must be so bittersweet for her.

Rest in Peace Carolyn. <3
I agree, I’m happy that she found closure though.

From the article, it states that she stopped celebrating Valentine’s Day since 1982.

One of these photos is of Pamela Buckley. ;)

ETA: And I believe another, unrelated Jane Doe. The one with the dark, un manicured eyebrows. I can’t think of which one she is at the moment.
So sorry. I thought that looked like Pam. It’s been awhile since I’ve been in that thread. I’m slipping’ - it’s tough getting old. The photos came up attached to articles about VS. I apologize for the errors.

So sorry. I thought that looked like Pam. It’s been awhile since I’ve been in that thread. I’m slipping’ - it’s tough getting old. The photos came up attached to articles about VS. I apologize for the errors.
Yes! Mount Vernon. Thanks CCJD.

No worries, I figure most people knew anyway. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back