UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
This scenario feels like the best fit to me - explains why she returns home and then goes out again, after finding a missed delivery card on the doormat (if it was a shopping errand she could have picked it up en route - either at the mini market on Melrosegate or by asking to be dropped by the Costcutter).

The timing out and back to East Parade PO fits. The apparent presence of her passport in her handbag - used as photo ID when collecting the parcel. Also, possibly the presence of her handbag in the bedroom - CL having gone straight upstairs on her return to try on the new clothing. On that basis you might suppose that the order was unlikely to be a hat, scarf or coat.

The obvious question would then be, was the wrapping or contents of any such parcel found in the house? Presumably this would be known to NYP as a result of contacting any catalogue companies she had dealings with and routine canvassing of local shops and businesses in 2009.
Their would be evidence on her bank statements
This is why I thought her work colleague's account of her coming into work after being out until 3 or 4am with the new boyfriend seemed a bit suspicious. If she had been out drinking, wouldn't she have been at work still drunk if she was starting a 5 am shift? I've known chefs be sent home for still being tipsy after a night out for health and safety reasons.
she could have simply been watching a dvd somewhere

the picture I posted this morning re the bus footage I can see some brown look like baskets on the pavement between the cars with white bits on the top. what are they? any ideas?

This is why I thought her work colleague's account of her coming into work after being out until 3 or 4am with the new boyfriend seemed a bit suspicious. If she had been out drinking, wouldn't she have been at work still drunk if she was starting a 5 am shift? I've known chefs be sent home for still being tipsy after a night out for health and safety reasons.
I think DO chats Nonsense. IMOO

the picture I posted this morning re the bus footage I can see some brown look like baskets on the pavement between the cars with white bits on the top. what are they? any ideas?

I am struggling to get me bearings with the screen shot. What I can see from zooming in is what appears to be a coloured gentleman with a Parker type coat with large hood looking upwards. Is there also a middle aged white man bending over as if looking into a car?
Are you able to take a snap further out so I can get an appreciation of where they are to the vehicles?
Good work though

I am struggling to get me bearings with the screen shot. What I can see from zooming in is what appears to be a coloured gentleman with a Parker type coat with large hood looking upwards. Is there also a middle aged white man bending over as if looking into a car?
Are you able to take a snap further out so I can get an appreciation of where they are to the vehicles?
Good work though
will try and get you a better shot i have it on light room now and there is something like a black bag by the drivers door, then theres something on the kerb between the suv and the rear of the unidentified car - im not sure if its a volvo it looks to me like an old sports car, like an mg or spitfire - could be a volvo

here you go the bus footage snap zoomed out
Thanks BR, unfortunately it was as I feared. The coloured gentleman would have to be 12 feet tall unless CCTV can alter images? I wondered why I hadn’t picked up on this before.

As for the white man, that positions his head above the roof line of the mystery car so not bending in to the window.
He appears to have a hair line similar to DER IMO

Thanks BR, unfortunately it was as I feared. The coloured gentleman would have to be 12 feet tall unless CCTV can alter images? I wondered why I hadn’t picked up on this before.

As for the white man, that positions his head above the roof line of the mystery car so not bending in to the window.
He appears to have a hair line similar to DER IMO
I think for me it was a case of not seeing the wood for the trees, I was so busy looking at the car, I didn’t see the picture of the man - frightening really when it dropped in and I saw him. What are the orange basket type things on the kerb? And do you think he has white socks on?

I will try and find out more information and update if I get anything else.

Edit: formatting

One other thing could you please ask him if he was aware of any incident occurring outside or inside the shops at The Melrosegate row of shops in particular the Mini Market or the Post Office on Weds afternoon.

I think for me it was a case of not seeing the wood for the trees, I was so busy looking at the car, I didn’t see the picture of the man - frightening really when it dropped in and I saw him. What are the orange basket type things on the kerb? And do you think he has white socks on?
The man stepping out between the SUV and mystery car is plausible. This would explain why I couldn’t make out the vehicles features on the driver side rear, his body was blocking the car. I would have expected this to be reflected by the bus headlights.

Did he turn his head away ( down to the left) to avoid being identified.
Devils advocate- he would be aware of a bus travelling up HR, would you position yourself between two vehicles on a narrow road or even step out for fear of being hit?

regrettably I cannot make any other detail out and it is disappointing what I though to be a second man surely cannot be?

As I have followed the case for nearly two years, I do not know the reason for the Suv ruled out. I have read that after Galloway appeal for the owner, the day the person came forward it was ruled out by the evening time. How did they know that no one left the vehicle in the time it was parked up outside Claudias! To me it looks like more than one person inside and due to the timing and the sudden stop of Claudia using her mobile, It just seems very odd imo. View attachment 285369View attachment 285370View attachment 285371View attachment 285372View attachment 285369View attachment 285370View attachment 285371View attachment 285372

I was looking at this cctv again yesterday. There’s someone outside of her front door ...

I was looking at this cctv again yesterday. There’s someone outside of her front door ...
Cctv bus footage - man seen approaching car

this is what I captured by accident last night - can you see the man? Who is he? Is it alleyway man?
Yeah I noticed this too. So who is outside the house at 9pm on this bus footage ...

Attachments

• 4D27A349-AAC7-4ACC-811C-E0638288B51F.jpeg
    4D27A349-AAC7-4ACC-811C-E0638288B51F.jpeg
    44.5 KB · Views: 112
Is there only the one frame from the upper deck bus cctv published?

NGL, I’m a bit sceptical about identifying figures in the cctv, but there does appear to be something obscuring the lower part of the left side door frame in this image, which doesn’t appear to be part of the pickup or the wall (too low).

Second car also visible at the top - if that’s the front my first instinct is original model Ford Ka. Not sure what if it’s the back end, though appears similar to the rear light shape in the car visible in the 5.07am Limes Court CCTV.

Attachments

• 4D464E88-C0E2-44C5-9F91-B2BAF63AEEF1.jpeg
    4D464E88-C0E2-44C5-9F91-B2BAF63AEEF1.jpeg
    76 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
But wouldn't there be a photo a) Claudia picks up parcel from Post Office or b) Claudia picks up parcel from Costcutter or even c) Claudia returns walking back past post box photos.

There perhaps is a whole host of CCTV footage available, but I am sure there are legal considerations to bear in mind. Thus; only certain 'snippets' are available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong