Identified! AZ - Coconino Co, 'Valentine Sally' WhtFem 585UFAZ, 14-19, along I-40, Feb'82 -Carolyn Celeste Eaton

It appears that the first name matches the photo to the left, the second name matches the photo on the right. For example, in the the sixth row on the page, J.G.'s name is first and his photo is on the left. D.G.'s name is second and her photo is on the right.

I found the girl on the top right in the 1977 yearbook and her name isn't Carolyn Eaton, it is A.E. I've been looking through yearbooks on Ancestry recently and I've noticed a lot of transcription errors.
It’s possible that her yearbook isn’t on classmates or other websites.

Here is a retouched version of the photo that the CCSD provided to me.

Maybe her face can trigger someone’s memory of seeing or talking to her on January 81’

Attachments

• 59E6AB47-63BB-40F7-8EFB-1E6E25ABA4CD.jpeg
    59E6AB47-63BB-40F7-8EFB-1E6E25ABA4CD.jpeg
    88.3 KB · Views: 396
Apparently, from news clipping, she was staying with friends in Phoenix and had to go to New Jersey urgently.

Maybe she was wearing the same clothes on the second and on the third, given that the person who picked her up, recognized her.

I also agree that she had her dental work done prior to her running away, maybe Carolyn’s family has more insight in regards to her root canal.

Hopefully she told her friends in Phoenix a little more about her plans.

I wonder why she wanted to go to New Jersey and if she knew anyone there.

I sure hope investigators are able to solve Carolyn’s presumed murder.

THE LOST GIRL OF ASH FORK

I just wanted to take a minute to commend CarlK (again). It’s amazing how much his reconstruction looks like Carolyn! I found this post from earlier in the thread. He combined Patty Wilkins’ eyewitness recollection and a ct-scan recon to create an image that really is remarkable.
I saw the new ct-scan recon that DoeNet added to Valentine Sally's DoeNet page.

18d5d3fe-2490-4b36-9176-5d76afedc124.jpg

585UFAZ

I remember that during my conversation with Coconino County Detective Chuck Jones, he said that although the remains were significantly decomposed and scavenged by animals, he knew from the truck stop waitress' description of her that she was a very attractive girl, and she "would have turned heads". So using the facial dimensions depicted in the ct-scan recon, I decided to do my own estimation of what she probably looked like.

6cf3de7f-8e15-4d62-9a38-d66c2d2db68a.jpg

From this clipping, Carolyn apparently told the student who picked her up (on 02/02) that she had just begun root canal work.

Maybe she had it drilled on early January 1982 or by late December 1981.

Thank you. That stands out to me. I had been somewhat doubtful the student picked up the same girl, due to direction headed plus some of the details like Phoenix and dishwasher and New Jersey. But the root canal aspect overrides everything else.

Thank you so much for posting. I hope Patty Wilkins gets to see this picture. Sigh...it got dusty in here all of a sudden...

I'm sure Patty will be emotional also. She was tasked with trying to describe that face nearly 40 years ago. Then the basics would linger all these decades but nothing can match a photographic reminder, especially one so youthful, heathy and hopeful.

Carl K per norm did a great job. I'd say most of the sketches end up being slightly flattering to the subject. Not this time. Reality wins.

Now that we have a official photo of her, I’m pretty confident that she is the Carolyn Eaton that attended South Ripley High School and whose photo is on the yearbook of 79’

I’ve enhanced and colorized her photo, and would like to know if it’s okay to post it, the resemblance between both photos is uncanny.

We don't post pics of individuals unless we are 100% certain they are one and the same. It is my understanding that the identified victim CE was born in Missouri and disappeared from Missouri so I am not seeing a connection to having attended high school in Indiana. The CE in the Indiana high school yearbook may in fact be alive and well and we don't want to be connecting a random person who is not known to be missing to a deceased individual who is a murder victim.

We don't post pics of individuals unless we are 100% certain they are one and the same. It is my understanding that the identified victim CE was born in Missouri and disappeared from Missouri so I am not seeing a connection to having attended high school in Indiana. The CE in the Indiana high school yearbook may in fact be alive and well and we don't want to be connecting a random person who is not known to be missing to a deceased individual who is a murder victim.

I agree, after seeing both the official photo of Carolyn and the alleged Carolyn Eaton, I’m confident that they are two unrelated people.

I sure hope investigators are able to solve Carolyn’s presumed murder.

THE LOST GIRL OF ASH FORK

I just wanted to take a minute to commend CarlK (again). It’s amazing how much his reconstruction looks like Carolyn! I found this post from earlier in the thread. He combined Patty Wilkins’ eyewitness recollection and a ct-scan recon to create an image that really is remarkable.

He did a remarkable job! From the 3 reconstructions that were done by him, as always, he did a wonderful reconstruction!

Thank you. That stands out to me. I had been somewhat doubtful the student picked up the same girl, due to direction headed plus some of the details like Phoenix and dishwasher and New Jersey. But the root canal aspect overrides everything else.

Im thinking that maybe Carolyn was wearing the same sweater the day he picked her up, and perhaps, given that she commented on the root canal.

And that she intended to get a ride on Flagstaff, to head to New Jersey, may have confirmed to authorities that she was the girl that Patty saw and who’s body was found on the crime scene.

I wonder if the CCSD has already or is in the process of contacting her friends that were on Phoenix.

Maybe they have calls rolling in following the release of her name. I wish the news articles can update and include her photo as it can jog someone’s memory who met her.

Does this girl look a bit like Woodlawn Jane Doe by any chance has she been discarded?

Barbara G. Glueckert – The Charley Project
Yes , could be, can I have some time to look at this? It looks good though they say she looks hispanic and they do seem to have headed in that direction, problem is it hasn't solved anything so yes , this is a good point of departure, thank you so much, so was so abused its not right that she hasn't had justice, thanks again, I can't say why she is so important to me, just woman to woman.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho
Back