Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #50

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was trying to find if Dellen Millard had shackles on or not when he defended himself. Granted, it was in Canada, but per news and media and court related news... it is a Judge's worst nightmare
'Judge's worst nightmare'
"A self-represented accused causes all kinds of problems. It really is a judge's worst nightmare," defence lawyer Ingrid Grant said in an interview.
Why is Dellen Millard questioning Laura Babcock's father in court? Because he can | CBC News
SHACKLES — The judge allowed both accused to sit at counsel’s tables, rather than in the prisoner boxes, largely because Millard was representing himself. The judge had court staff set up black curtains on the outside of the tables in order to shield the jury from seeing Millard and Smich’s leg shackles.

Ten things jurors at the Laura Babcock trial did not hear - CityNews Toronto

Sniped for focus.

I guess I'll take your advice. Wonder what made the judge think she wouldn't be "so disruptive of orderly procedure"
Because we know she will be. That's guaranteed.

MOO
I believe that is why the Judge flat out warned her that if she get unruly she will have to be removed.

I agree.
It will be a circus with her defending herself, however, I believe the family and of course, the supporters for justiceforgannon will not allow it to diminish Gannon and his parents.

I wish we had that kind of power.
We do not.
They will be damaged, they will be devastated and the fact alone diminished Gannon.

Ted Bundy defended himself in Utah and Florida? I think. Obviously it didn't fare well for him. I do recall him in business suits and free walking and talking.
I'm expecting shades, mini skirt and hair covering her face, stilettos, with the option to use them as weapons.. a physical attack on at least one person, possibly call her daughter to testify, all of Gannon's parents' past partners, the entire army or whoever it is Al works for, etc ad nauseum.

I suspect she is desperate to testify - and that’s the major disagreement between her and her counsel. If she wasn’t in jail, I’m sure she’d be proclaiming her innocence here, on social media, etc. JMO as an attorney (civil, not criminal) who quickly learned which potential clients are likely to do significant and irreplaceable harm to their own case by failing to keep their mouths shut.

JMO.

Do you think her “ace in the hole” is just more nonsensical dribble or do you think she’ll try to throw someone else directly under the bus?
LS alleges that “two pieces of evidence would completely prove her innocence.”

In recalling LE's interviews with LS as outlined in the affidavits, LS was full of absolute crazy talk!

I think her only alleged proof of innocence will be LS blaming Gannon's murder on one of her imaginary friends, and her key witness will suddenly be abducted by aliens, and unavailable to testify for her.

I also have no doubt that LS intends to smear Gannon's biological parents in any way that is allowed.

MOO

Unbelievable. And yet not. Imagine how much she’s missed having control of the spotlight and the mic.

She just wants to do the narcopath thing - pot stir, drag it out for her own entertainment, dump on her victim and his parents, have a gaslighting circus, and be the heroine-victim. These types just have to make everyone feel crazy and exhausted.

I feel for Gannon’s bereaved parents because she’s looking to inflict more psychological violence on them, and to smear their child so his brutal death can be his fault in her crazy poker fantasy.

I hope she does herself in and goes off the deep in the courtroom so she’s removed, and Gannon and his family can swiftly have the justice they’re owed. What little there is in such a case.

Unbelievable. And yet not. Imagine how much she’s missed having control of the spotlight and the mic.

She just wants to do the narcopath thing - pot stir, drag it out for her own entertainment, dump on her victim and his parents, have a gaslighting circus, and be the heroine-victim. These types just have to make everyone feel crazy and exhausted.

I feel for Gannon’s bereaved parents because she’s looking to inflict more psychological violence on them, and to smear their child so his brutal death can be his fault in her crazy poker fantasy.

I hope she does herself in and goes off the deep in the courtroom so she’s removed, and Gannon and his family can swiftly have the justice they’re owed. What little there is in such a case.
It 'feels' wrong.
It is indeed typical narc behaviour.
They will be stabbed psychologically, mentally , emotionally and psychically.

By the prosecution evidence detailing how their son died, the weapons used and the suffering inflicted upon him.

And by the sadistic murderer.

#PinkyPromise herself, in the flesh!!

I wish we had that kind of power.
We do not.
They will be damaged, they will be devastated and the fact alone diminished Gannon.
I am trying to look at the positive that this will NOT diminish why they are there to begin with. FOR Gannon.
I know his parents will be anguished thru all of this, but they are already in anguish and pain that they no longer have Gannon with them.

This Yahoo creature makes the absurd statement about not believing in "the value of legal experts" to the judge today....THEN has the audacity to wish to represent herself in court. Can you imagine her ( and her 'team') trying to get ANY true expert witnesses to rebut the DA? Zilch...Nada..

This case will be a one person defense...a complete fiasco and circus. I pity the 'team' that is chosen to assist her

Respectfully, please save your house!

I disagree the Sixth Amendment needs to be amended, or that LS will force such an amendment!
The Court has held that the Sixth Amendment, in addition to guaranteeing the right to retained or appointed counsel, also guarantees a defendant the right to represent himself.

However, it's also a right the defendant must adopt knowingly and intelligently; under some circumstances, the trial judge may deny the authority to exercise it, as when the defendant simply lacks the competence to make a knowingly or intelligent waiver of counsel or when his self-representation is so disruptive of orderly procedures that the judge may curtail it.379

The right applies only at trial; there is no constitutional right to self-representation on direct appeal from a criminal conviction.380

In other words, there's already a provision for the Court to prevent this self-representation by LS from getting out of hand.

Self-Representation.
I most certainly hope they do not allow this.

Realistically, what has she got to lose? It's not like lawyers are going to get her off anyway. Why not grift a little bit with some BS ace-in-the-hole evidence which will never appear, and feed the narcissism and maybe even get herself more TV airtime and a sugar daddy outside the walls. It's 2021, you gotta be hustling your brand!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member