UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can make out only the SUV and the mystery car. If you follow the bus footage as it passes by there doesn’t appear to be a third vehicle. Also looking at street view, there just isn’t the depth from the road to property to park a car at right angles to the road.

There appears to be plenty of room to me especially as a good part of the vehicle would be parked across the pavement which also appears quite wide

Google Maps

I am hopeless at posting images but just want to mention that if you look at the picture of the Audi TT i posted previously you will see the rear reg plate is on the boot lid. The VW Beetles is lower down on the rear bumper.
This would make it more noticeable especially when parked at a slight angle on the kerb.
The irritating thing here isn’t that there has been no mention of the white van parked on the opposite side. This may have been fitted with a dash cam and would have been visible on CCTV pointing down HR. He could have been involved or witnessed the events unfold, why were they hung up on the Astra van instead?
I don’t think they were interested in the Astra van - it wasn’t a message to the public - it was a message to the perps - “we can see you”
That’s my opinion anyway

I don’t think they were interested in the Astra van - it wasn’t a message to the public - it was a message to the perps - “we can see you”
That’s my opinion anyway

My thoughts are that it was deliberately parked there to block the view of the security camera at Quartz travel

interesting, where about is/was the camera located ?

I dont have the locations of the cameras perhaps others might be able to provide that detail.
I dont see an external mounted one.
This article from the local newspaper 1n July 2009 which reports on a series of vandalism attacks were made on the firms vehicles and the front door of the premises.
The front window where the van was parked Quartz did display a small yellow cctv sticker (top right hand pane) in 2008 later in 2012 this seems to have been replaced with a much larger one (bottom right hand pane).
Vandals attack vehicles in Quartz Travel's car park in Heworth

Last edited:
Hmm. If anything I would have gone with female on the left - long straight hair tucked inside the collar of coat with white fur trimmed hood and male on the right wearing what could be a bulky light coloured or hi-viz type jacket (with a rectangular panel/logo on the rear?) and turned in his seat to face the left-hand passenger.

NGL, I’m a bit sceptical about identifying figures in the cctv, but there does appear to be something obscuring the lower part of the left side door frame in this image, which doesn’t appear to be part of the pickup or the wall (too low).

Second car also visible at the top - if that’s the front my first instinct is original model Ford Ka. Not sure what if it’s the back end, though appears similar to the rear light shape in the car visible in the 5.07am Limes Court CCTV.

Attachments

• A1F44BE5-2E82-4384-9BBE-0BE2D78D28AF.jpeg
    A1F44BE5-2E82-4384-9BBE-0BE2D78D28AF.jpeg
    22.6 KB · Views: 102
That’s what I got from the car on light room...shared on another site a while back.

Attachments

• 89ED9991-DC3B-4732-BFBE-63B93F893DCE.jpeg
    89ED9991-DC3B-4732-BFBE-63B93F893DCE.jpeg
    25.5 KB · Views: 170
Thats the problem with these images, i can’t figure out what that shows and where it is.

Is is possible to sketch around the figure? I assume this is the back window of the SUV?
In the middle of the screenshot but to the left and you can only see the right side of her face and long hair !

I can see Claudia on the left hand side

I can certainly see a person that has a likeness to Claudia on the left. And part of Claudia's left side is obscured

Can anyone see another person inside the car on the right next to Claudia

I take it these is the same images that Vixey posted recently in 7 attachments. And which Shadwell posted in 1 image recently

Another interesting bus cam shot shows vehicles on the NHead front forecourt

Just to be clear I am pointing out that there is possibly a vehicle parked at an angle after the the vehicle beetle or audi.
From what I can see wether its a beetle or audi that vehicle is parked face on to the Dark SUV.
Today I suddenly wondered about the neighbour of CL, who had his sidewalk blocked with the car, which parked with it's front against the SUV. Didn't he complain because of that? Why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici