UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been suggested to me that retired policemen actually work in cold case teams !
Surely not !?

Does anyone remember a witness seeing two men outside Claudia's door at the same time?

Does anyone remember a witness seeing two men outside Claudia's door at the same time?

Police reveal new clues in search for Claudia Lawrence

If you go back a few pages on the thread @Vixey posted a photo taken by someone on heworth road ( maybe sat in traffic )
it showed possible figures at the front door of a property that looked to be Claudias

I looked at it and it appeared to me that one of the persons appeared to be attempting to kick the door in.. this was just my opinion

I can't see anything on the NY police website

Det Supt Galloway also appealed for information about two men seen loitering outside Claudia’s terraced home, in Heworth Road, around five days before she vanished without trace.

He said on either March 10 or 13, a female driver stuck in traffic saw two nervous-looking men at Claudia’s front door in the early afternoon.

“One of the men, an Asian male, appeared to try the door – whether with a key or whether he just tried the door handle, we don’t know,” said Det Sup Galloway. “They were watched by the witness for three or four minutes, as she approached the roundabout at Malton Road.

“There could have been a legitimate reason, we don’t know, and I would appeal to these men to come forward.

“If they were salesmen or there was any other reason why they were there, please come forward.”

The Asian man is described as being in his early 20s, 5ft 8ins tall, of slim build, with a thin pointed nose and dark areas under his eyes. The second man is described as taller, with short dark hair and a heavier build. He was wearing a Crombie-style coat

Det Supt Galloway also appealed for information about two men seen loitering outside Claudia’s terraced home, in Heworth Road, around five days before she vanished without trace.

He said on either March 10 or 13, a female driver stuck in traffic saw two nervous-looking men at Claudia’s front door in the early afternoon.

“One of the men, an Asian male, appeared to try the door – whether with a key or whether he just tried the door handle, we don’t know,” said Det Sup Galloway. “They were watched by the witness for three or four minutes, as she approached the roundabout at Malton Road.

“There could have been a legitimate reason, we don’t know, and I would appeal to these men to come forward.

“If they were salesmen or there was any other reason why they were there, please come forward.”

The Asian man is described as being in his early 20s, 5ft 8ins tall, of slim build, with a thin pointed nose and dark areas under his eyes. The second man is described as taller, with short dark hair and a heavier build. He was wearing a Crombie-style coat

Yes, I get this. All sightings should be on their website

@Bohill Can I ask you about the police search of student accom
Peter Lawrence says sorry for university room searches

Do you know if all rooms were searched or was the search focused on a certain block/blocks of accom.
Not naming any names but did the police focus on any students in particular during their investigations at the college?
I assume there would be talk among the students generally around such an event what if anyting can you tell us that might be of interest to us :)

There's not a lot I can tell you unfortunately.

I remember the police searching rooms. I had gone back home for Easter shorly after she disappeared. When I came back, I didnt know if they'd searched mine or not, not that it bothered me at the time.

We definitely spoke about her to each other, it was in the national news. We lived a few yards away from roger kirk centre and my lectures were a few yards away from roger kirk on the other side, so we were right there. As students I don't think it even occurred to us it could have been a student, at least on campus. We were all living on top of each other, bumped into one another every 5 minutes it felt like.

I wish I would have paid more attention but at the time I was just a kid going out drinking most nights, coming home the next morning, so even then my memory of recent events was terrible *

@Angleterre can you help with this legal question please.
PII - Public Interest Immunity ...
Is it possible for a member of the public find out if one has been applied to a case.
Generally the answer would be No unless it’s been recorded in any transcripts if it’s part of a court case
Can you expand upon what you are referring to? X

Does anyone have the link to the video of Ray Galloway making the appeal re the Ford Ranger Thunder.. Ive been searching for it for days with no luck.
Claudia Lawrence search police appeal for information about dark-coloured van

Here it is @Kir. Put out shortly before the owner reportedly came forward. It intrigues me where he says "Monkton Road" (it's quite close to Heworth Road) and then corrects himself with "Malton Road" for the direction it departed towards!

Claudia Lawrence search police appeal for information about dark-coloured van

Here it is @Kir. Put out shortly before the owner reportedly came forward. It intrigues me where he says "Monkton Road" (it's quite close to Heworth Road) and then corrects himself with "Malton Road" for the direction it departed towards!

Thank you @Eyes Wide Open its exactly that mistake over the road I want to review. I think he corrects himself saying 'Bolton Road' does anyone else have thoughts of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member