UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like from this article, that forces create teams for specific cases - Kevin Mcleod: English force recruit squad of retired detectives for cold case review | Press and Journal I would imagine that it is also budget driven. Is CL's case beng handled by a cold case team or is it still being dealt with as a normal investigation?
Is this the team of retired detectives working with sleuths to try solve cold cases. Terry mcspadden being one of the four cases. His mother gave me the name of the team when we spoke regarding this but can’t remember now x

so which way was the vehicle parked? I coud not make out in the photos but thought that it was pointing away from the NH. However, Malton Road is in the opposite direction, so did it turn around. Who were the occupants visiting?

I also found it interesting that at the time of that interview, the police were still investigating wednesday night and thursday morning, so what made them change focus to solely on Thursday morning? Was it other evidence found?

so which way was the vehicle parked? I coud not make out in the photos but thought that it was pointing away from the NH. However, Malton Road is in the opposite direction, so did it turn around. Who were the occupants visiting?

I also found it interesting that at the time of that interview, the police were still investigating wednesday night and thursday morning, so what made them change focus to solely on Thursday morning? Was it other evidence found?
The sightings for a start I would think

Its important to investgate all options.
The time of the Ford Ranger Thunder and the other cars that arrived outside Claudia's is extremely important.
If he last text message to her friend was 8.23pm if she was at home when she made those calls and texts then she could have left the house anytime between then and the time the bus cam records passing the house and the parked cars.
We know a silver car is seen at the same locations as Claudia leading up to and inc Thurs 19th. If that car is the same silver car caught by the bus cam at costcutters crossroads leaving Heworth road. Could Claudia have left in that car, where was that car heading? its important to keep an open mind. Assume nothing, Believe no one. Check everything.

:: 8.10pm - Miss Lawrence has a telephone conversation with her father, Peter, and then another with her mother, Joan.

:: 8.23pm - She sends a text message to a friend.

:: 9.12pm - Miss Lawrence receives a text on her mobile phone but it is not known if she read the message.

Claudia Lawrence: Timeline of events

Last edited:

The Ford Ranger was pointing up Heworth Road towards the roundabout of which Malton Road is accessed. I am sure I read somewhere that the driver was disclosed as living “over the road” from where it was parked on the Wednesday evening.

I would agree with PJ the “Sightings” would have perhaps changed their focus. I think the post man seeing the couple on the bridge at Melrosegate is credible. Unfortunately the report of a couple arguing near the university from an anonymous source is less so. Perhaps done to distract the NYP.

I would be interested to know who the postie is and his direction of travel. I still believe CL would have been captured on CCTV at the junction of east parade and then on the post office camera at melrosegate. This leads me back to thinking Wednesday night was more likely when she left home

Last edited:
Just to add, I think more focus is also needed on the car parked in front of the Ford Ranger at the same time.

We have recently guessed at it being an Audi TT, Volvo V40, VW Beetle and a Ford Ka.

I do believe the CCTV stills of the SUV are intentionally cropped to remove/reduce the image of that car. Perhaps it was discounted from the investigation but you would have hoped NYP may have made that known prior.

Its important to investgate all options.
The time of the Ford Ranger Thunder and the other cars that arrived outside Claudia's is extremely important.
If he last text message to her friend was 8.23pm if she was at home when she made those calls and texts then she could have left the house anytime between then and the time the bus cam records passing the house and the parked cars.
We know a silver car is seen at the same locations as Claudia leading up to and inc Thurs 19th. If that car is the same silver car caught by the bus cam at costcutters crossroads leaving Heworth road. Could Claudia have left in that car, where was that car heading? its important to keep an open mind. Assume nothing, Believe no one. Check everything.

:: 8.10pm - Miss Lawrence has a telephone conversation with her father, Peter, and then another with her mother, Joan.

:: 8.23pm - She sends a text message to a friend.

:: 9.12pm - Miss Lawrence receives a text on her mobile phone but it is not known if she read the message.

Claudia Lawrence: Timeline of events
The white car appears at least 4 times when Claudia is nearby and once when she isn't there - not a coincidence imo

I agree.
I would be interested to know if that car ever showed up on cctv at Hartlepool Marina

Is this the silver car rather than a white one?

was anyone successfully able to identify the make a model? ML had it as a Renault but it looked more like a Mercedes c-class saloon to me.
Does anyone have more detailed pictures?

Just to add, I think more focus is also needed on the car parked in front of the Ford Ranger at the same time.

We have recently guessed at it being an Audi TT, Volvo V40, VW Beetle and a Ford Ka.

I do believe the CCTV stills of the SUV are intentionally cropped to remove/reduce the image of that car. Perhaps it was discounted from the investigation but you would have hoped NYP may have made that known prior.
I think it’s unlikely any of those cars. It could be a sports car - midget, mg - if you look at the rear lights between the mans legs - they are distinctive (offside)

Attachments

• 4434B157-E11B-4673-A43E-5F055E0DDE69.jpeg
    4434B157-E11B-4673-A43E-5F055E0DDE69.jpeg
    55.9 KB · Views: 82
I am leaning towards the silver car being a Mercedes c class (2002-2007) the angle of the rear lights on the university car park CCTV look similar to me and then the slope of the rear pillar looks like that in the post office cctv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa