MA MA - Sandra Crispo, 54, Hanson, 7 August 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
on the vanished podcast which was recorded on 2/15/2021 it was said the last outgoing call was Sandra to her cousin at 5:30 pm. I am thinking the possible reason for this is Sandra called her cousin T but T didnt answer. The last incoming calls would have been her daughter who tried to call Thurs and Friday morning before heading over to Sandras but Sandra did not answer. If this is correct that would mean Sandra was home at 5:30. Did the cousin (T) call earlier than 5:30 on Wednesday?

The cousin didn't say it was an incoming or an outgoing call. Only that the police told her that "mine was the last phone call that she had had on her phone". (23:45 mark in newer podcast) According to Cousin T, they had made earlier plans for T to pick Sandra up at some point later. Sandra was supposed to confirm a pick up time with T once she was dropped off by her SIL. T didn't say she missed a call from Sandra, only that Sandra never got back to her on Wednesday.

Which is not to say Sandra didn't try to call her at 5:30, but the only person who makes this specific claim was the moderator of the newer podcast, so it's not from someone who can confirm one way or the other. And this information directly conflicts with what we were told in the older podcast.

According to the moderator on the older podcast, the last outgoing call on Sandra's phone was to Laina on Tuesday. Which would mean she never called T - or anyone else - on Wednesday. And the last incoming call to Sandra on Wednesday was from T, but this was supposedly when the kids were still at Sandra's. This fits with what T. has said. She made plans with Sandra (when the kids were still there earlier on Wednesday?) but Sandra never called her back to give her a pick up time after she was dropped off by her SIL.

As all of these claims about the calls cannot be true, I'm inclined to believe that T was the last incoming call to Sandra earlier on Wednesday and that Sandra did not call her cousin at any time on Wednesday. Mostly because this version fits squarely with what T, a critical witness, has reported and it fits with the earlier podcast.

If she was dropped off after 5, why didn't she call her cousin? <modsnip, speculation without basis> It seems a strange coincidence that the evening she has no vehicle is the same evening she decides to blow her cousin off without a call back and also the same evening that she mysteriously disappeared without a trace.

<Modsnip, factual info without link> And keeping in mind that Sandra did not call anyone on Wednesday (depending on which version you believe) and no one called her Wednesday after T's call when the boys were still in Hanson with Sandra. So blowing off her cousin for a clandestine rendezvous doesn't fit as she it appears had no opportunity to make arrangements with someone else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sanders daughter was the last incoming call on Friday morning before she left to drop off the kids. This leads me to believe the hosts comment that Sandra called T at 5:30. If I couldn't reach my mother at all for an entire day and then the next morning I wonder if I would have called family to see if they heard from my mother and if not would I head over with 3 children. The SIL makes it quite clear that they don't mess around with "when its there day watching the kids" yet Sandra not answering so just find out last-minute that Sandra isn't there for the kids???

Sanders daughter was the last incoming call on Friday morning before she left to drop off the kids. This leads me to believe the hosts comment that Sandra called T at 5:30.

Curious, why does this lead you to believe she called T? The original story was that LE said the last outgoing call from Sandra was to her daughter on Tuesday. Which fits with the cousin saying Sandra didn't call her back on Wednesday. I think the cousin is referring to her earlier Wednesday call being the last incoming call LE traced before Sandra's disappearance. I don't think anyone is saying Laina didn't try to reach her after Wednesday, but the family is fully convinced Sandra disappeared on Wednesday.

I'd like to know where the host got her new "information". And why she felt so bold as to basically come out and accuse Sandra's siblings with zero evidence.

The cousin didn't say it was an incoming or an outgoing call. Only that the police told her that "mine was the last phone call that she had had on her phone". (23:45 mark in newer podcast) According to Cousin T, they had made earlier plans for T to pick Sandra up at some point later. Sandra was supposed to confirm a pick up time with T once she was dropped off by her SIL. T didn't say she missed a call from Sandra, only that Sandra never got back to her on Wednesday.

Which is not to say Sandra didn't try to call her at 5:30, but the only person who makes this specific claim was the moderator of the newer podcast, so it's not from someone who can confirm one way or the other. And this information directly conflicts with what we were told in the older podcast.

According to the moderator on the older podcast, the last outgoing call on Sandra's phone was to Laina on Tuesday. Which would mean she never called T - or anyone else - on Wednesday. And the last incoming call to Sandra on Wednesday was from T, but this was supposedly when the kids were still at Sandra's. This fits with what T. has said. She made plans with Sandra (when the kids were still there earlier on Wednesday?) but Sandra never called her back to give her a pick up time after she was dropped off by her SIL.

As all of these claims about the calls cannot be true, I'm inclined to believe that T was the last incoming call to Sandra earlier on Wednesday and that Sandra did not call her cousin at any time on Wednesday. Mostly because this version fits squarely with what T, a critical witness, has reported and it fits with the earlier podcast.

If she was dropped off after 5, why didn't she call her cousin? Did SIL report that Sandra was "in a mood"? Did she mention T at all to him? It seems a strange coincidence that the evening she has no vehicle is the same evening she decides to blow her cousin off without a call back and also the same evening that she mysteriously disappeared without a trace.

I know her daughter has reported that the lights were on Friday am, but I remain most intrigued about Wednesday late afternoon/early evening. Before it got dark. And keeping in mind that Sandra did not call anyone on Wednesday (depending on which version you believe) and no one called her Wednesday after T's call when the boys were still in Hanson with Sandra. So blowing off her cousin for a clandestine rendezvous doesn't fit as she it appears had no opportunity to make arrangements with someone else.
Thank you for this post, you have explained what I have been attempting to for a bit now.
The only different inclination I have is, what if Ts incoming call was at 5:30 while the kids were still there and before she went to mechanic? I say this because SIL mentioned in most recent podcast that he left work late that day. we have only been given approximate times or none at all regarding calls, time dropped off. If we could get an actual timestamp for the Cumberland Farms stop it would clear up part of the time line. (why is this info not given, it’s the last time Sandra is seen on camera that we know of?) MOO

Thank you for this post, you have explained what I have been attempting to for a bit now.
The only different inclination I have is, what if Ts incoming call was at 5:30 while the kids were still there and before she went to mechanic? I say this because SIL mentioned in most recent podcast that he left work late that day. we have only been given approximate times or none at all regarding calls, time dropped off. If we could get an actual timestamp for the Cumberland Farms stop it would clear up part of the time line. (why is this info not given, it’s the last time Sandra is seen on camera that we know of?) MOO

T's call hypothetically could have been at 5:30 or even later, but I don't think it's likely.

I'm sure both LE and the SIL know what the Cumberland Farms CCTV time stamp indicates, and I can't see the SIL saying he dropped her off around 5, taking the kids with him, if the time stamp indicated a later time. The store is only a couple of miles from her house and the SIL has always been consistent in saying this was the last stop. From there she should have been home in 5 minutes tops.

But you're right - without knowing the actual time stamp we cannot say anything for certain. I just can't see the SIL putting a target on his back by giving a time frame inconsisent with a verifiable fact. Laina's house, the mechanic's, Cumberland Farms, and Sandra's house are all in close proximity to each other. If SIL says he dropped her home at 5 but Cumbie's indicates she was there at 5:45, I can see that raising questions about the SIL's version of events. So while it is possible Sandra hadn't left with the kids by 5:30, my own guess is that the T.'s phone call came in before Sandra headed out to the mechanics.

Does anyone know if the SIL says he drove to her house first or whether she met him at the mechanic's? He mentioned something about being late from a double shift, but if he never called Sandra to confirm a meeting time I'm assuming he met her at her house and they each drove their cars over to the mechanic's? This might explain why she earlier couldn't give T a precise time for T's pick up. She wasn't sure what time her SIL would be able to bring her home.

So much we don't know.

T's call hypothetically could have been at 5:30 or even later, but I don't think it's likely.

I'm sure both LE and the SIL know what the Cumberland Farms CCTV time stamp indicates, and I can't see the SIL saying he dropped her off around 5, taking the kids with him, if the time stamp indicated a later time. The store is only a couple of miles from her house and the SIL has always been consistent in saying this was the last stop. From there she should have been home in 5 minutes tops.

But you're right - without knowing the actual time stamp we cannot say anything for certain. I just can't see the SIL putting a target on his back by giving a time frame inconsisent with a verifiable fact. Laina's house, the mechanic's, Cumberland Farms, and Sandra's house are all in close proximity to each other. If SIL says he dropped her home at 5 but Cumbie's indicates she was there at 5:45, I can see that raising questions about the SIL's version of events. So while it is possible Sandra hadn't left with the kids by 5:30, my own guess is that the T.'s phone call came in before Sandra headed out to the mechanics.

Does anyone know if the SIL says he drove to her house first or whether she met him at the mechanic's? He mentioned something about being late from a double shift, but if he never called Sandra to confirm a meeting time I'm assuming he met her at her house and they each drove their cars over to the mechanic's? This might explain why she earlier couldn't give T a precise time for T's pick up. She wasn't sure what time her SIL would be able to bring her home.

So much we don't know.

You are correct, HarmonyE., in that SIL drove to Sandra's to pick up the children first. He would have had car seats (if necessary) in his vehicle. Sandra then followed SIL to the mechanic shop, where she hopped into his vehicle to stay with the children while SIL went into the shop to talk to the mechanic. That is what I learned from The Vanished podcast.

So much we don't know.
Thank you for responses, I appreciate your insight. Most likely SIL probably wanted to leave early for this prearranged mechanics appt but left later than planned but still early enough to have dropped Sandra off around 5:00 ish. MOO
He drove to Sandras first.

Most likely SIL probably wanted to leave early for this prearranged mechanics appt but left later than planned but still early enough to have dropped Sandra off around 5:00 ish. MOO
He drove to Sandras first.

I also wonder if the boys ever rode with Sandra. She had a recent history of mishaps and no cell phone...

There are three grandchildren -- all boys. Don't know about the car seats. The vehicle was a blue Scion. (All info from The Vanished podcast.)

When my mother watched my kids, she had carseats in her car so she could take them to McDonald's, on errands, ect. It's a long day for caregivers, especially when the kids can't go outside. But I don't think anyone has said one way or another about Sandra's car.

I was thinking at 5 the oldest boy could have confirmed some of the things his mother reported, especially about the lights being on and the dog's behavior, but I remember that Laina said she didn't let them out of the car on Friday morning.

I also wonder if the boys ever rode with Sandra. She had a recent history of mishaps and no cell phone...

This is just speculation on my part but I doubt they ever did. The reason is because when talking about things her mother did with the grandkids we heard "walk around the neighborhood, do crafts, had a bedroom set up for them" etc but we never heard "she took them to storytimes at the library, took them to a playground" or anything that would involve driving. If she had car seats in her car, she could have met the SIL at the mechanic and done the switch there but instead he came to her. So my guess is no but as I said, it's just a guess.

I am inclined to not question the 5 pm time frame as the verifiable evidence of Cumberland farms and the time the car was dropped off at the mechanic. Maybe Sandra never made it home or if she did, called her cousin at 5:30, T didn't answer, but, perhaps it was planned. Peehaps those pointing the fingers are hiding something? Its very one sided and lots of details missing and lots of distraction in my eyes on how their great work ethic stopped them from not calling in that day from work, that was lead into by lain as description of her father being such a hard worker which why does that matter to this case unless you know it sounds odd you went to work after your mother missing for over a day! At the least I would have called a few relatives myself and then thought to call in if no one knew anything. I see a very good reason not to go in!!! To send your spouse over later to look sounds odd to me. I would have been there too and gotten a babysitter. Send over to clean you mean?

Peehaps those pointing the fingers are hiding something? Its very one sided and lots of details missing and lots of distraction in my eyes on how their great work ethic stopped them from not calling in that day from work, that was lead into by lain as description of her father being such a hard worker which why does that matter to this case unless you know it sounds odd you went to work after your mother missing for over a day!

I guess people deal with bad stuff in different ways. I did think it was a little odd that she talked about how a co-worker thought she looked like she felt more so than how she actually felt herself after knowing her mother hadn't been home for a day or two. And I agree, don't get the relevance of how hard a worker Sandra's ex is, but again, it sounds like it was a complex and not always easy relationship.

We all agree T did not say whether she called Sandra at 5:30 or Sandra called her. If T called Sandra that would imply Sandra never got home. If Sandra called T, as the Podcast interviewer said, then Sandra got home but not sure why T did not answer the phone.

Agree that she must have been distressed. Bottom line, she ended up with the family home because she co-owned the house with her dad. It's possible her siblings didn't know this until after his death, and were disappointed/angry not to get a share.

BBM. Real estate in Eastern Massachusetts is worth a lot of money, even the simplest properties. Family members can do terrible things to one another over money and inheritances, regardless of age. IMO this may be the source of Sandra’s disappearance.

Last edited:
A lot of interesting new developments, further cementing my opinion that this was foul play, and it was someone known to Sandra, and the motive was money.

Hopefully all this attention will continue to spark people to talk and share, giving LE more concrete tips and leads to follow.

<modsnip, factual information without verification link>

What's setting my suspicious gauge off is the daughter didn't go over there that night when she couldn't contact her mother, but left it until the following morning, even though it was only a few miles drive from where they lived. That, and the SIL being very vague on details of his movements the afternoon/evening before.
Sandra was supposed to babysit the grandkids all day and night, but didn't. What changed?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members