TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.twdb.texas.gov/publications/reports/historic_groundwater_reports/doc/M027.pdf

Posting this as reference to the number of wells & springs in Caldwell Co (more specifically Lulling) by late 40’s. There is a section that lists the wells, location, depth, & diameter. I don’t know how many are still around & one would have to take a min to figure out which ones may be in the general area of Salt Flat. Also unsure if it’s possible for a person to fall into one.
I noticed the diameter of some of the mentioned water wells measured 30+”.

*To keep from having to scan through the entire document, the Luling area wells & springs are listed on pages 37, 39, 41, & 43.
*Salt Flat is specifically mentioned last paragraph page 1-2.

It may be of use or it may not...but I thought I’d post just in case.

Caldwell County Sheriff’s Office accesses phone data, continues search for missing Texas State student

From the link —
  • Landry left his apartment in San Marcos at 10:55 p.m. on Dec. 13 and intended to travel to Missouri City, where his parents live.
They said he intended to travel to MC where his parents live rather than saying he intended to travel to his parent’s house in MC.

I wonder if the odd wording means anything significant or just reading too much into it.
I think it is indeed corrected wording.

I’m putting one theory to rest in my mind. There is no way he was completely devoured by a wild pig. I will google that before I buy in to that next time. I know they can be huge, and should be feared but this study shows only 4 fatal attacks have ever been reported in the entire US. So, I’m dismissing it.
Wild Pig and Human Interactions | Texas A&M NRI

This is really grasping for straws, but:

What about Africanized killer bees? Are they in that part of the state at that time of the year?

Car would've offered little or no protection if the rear window was smashed. Would've needed to find a pond or a small enclosed space to provide cover - and fast (probably not something easily done under those circumstances - but who knows). Would've been running and dropping things left and right. Could've later succumbed.

You'd think there'd be evidence though if such an attack had occurred (if nothing else, a few dead bees) - but maybe not if JL was already out of the car and walking on the road when it started. Idk. Might explain a few things... I wonder if its been looked into?

I know, it's a crazy suggestion, but I'm running out of ideas. What could've happened to JL? Where is JL? All jmo and head scratching.

This is really grasping for straws, but:

What about Africanized killer bees? Are they in that part of the state at that time of the year?

Car would've offered little or no protection if the rear window was smashed. Would've needed to find a pond or a small enclosed space to provide cover - and fast (probably not something easily done under those circumstances - but who knows). Would've been running and dropping things left and right. Could've later succumbed.

You'd think there'd be evidence though if such an attack had occurred (if nothing else, a few dead bees) - but maybe not if JL was already out of the car and walking on the road when it started. Idk. Might explain a few things... I wonder if its been looked into?

I know, it's a crazy suggestion, but I'm running out of ideas. What could've happened to JL? Where is JL? All jmo and head scratching.

Yeah, you know... I'm open to all possibilities. With that said, I'm really doubting Jason would take the time to take off his clothes (they are protection for one), and I really doubt he's going to unbuckle and set down (or drop) his watch if killer bees are after him. Not to mention I believe it was his shirt that was on top of the watch. That's be too much time in one spot to drop both his watch and shirt on top. All IMHO.

I believe Jason is where he thought he would be safe
Even if I don't know where that is, or why he chose the actions that we can't explain

I think that was his ultimate goal after his wreck
To get to help or to safety
No matter his thought process

I am not sure I explained it well though, and i understand nothing I said will help find him

My view/thoughts

I am still leaning (as I have from the start) that he connected with someone through Snapchat and that he and another staged a scene there and he was picked up and they left the area.
I think he was leaving a life that he was failing in, by family standards. I think he was leaving that and moving into another life that met more of his needs of the moment. just think what it might have been like to have to spend a month at home under those circumstances.
People do this very thing more often than you think. I have a son who had graduated college, started grad school, didn't like it and was confused, feeling he was letting us down etc. He came over one afternoon and announced he was joining the Army, he said he needed someone to feed him and give him a place to sleep till he figured out what to do next.
He went as a medic, sent to Iraq, and came home knowing what to do next and he did it. It happens and it works for some.
This also has served to keep people looking for him where he was last seen not where he might have gone. MOO MOO MOO MOO

https://www.twdb.texas.gov/publications/reports/historic_groundwater_reports/doc/M027.pdf

Posting this as reference to the number of wells & springs in Caldwell Co (more specifically Lulling) by late 40’s. There is a section that lists the wells, location, depth, & diameter. I don’t know how many are still around & one would have to take a min to figure out which ones may be in the general area of Salt Flat. Also unsure if it’s possible for a person to fall into one.
I noticed the diameter of some of the mentioned water wells measured 30+”.

*To keep from having to scan through the entire document, the Luling area wells & springs are listed on pages 37, 39, 41, & 43.
*Salt Flat is specifically mentioned last paragraph page 1-2.

It may be of use or it may not...but I thought I’d post just in case.
Thank you for performing such dogged research.
It is much appreciated.

I’m putting one theory to rest in my mind. There is no way he was completely devoured by a wild pig. I will google that before I buy in to that next time. I know they can be huge, and should be feared but this study shows only 4 fatal attacks have ever been reported in the entire US. So, I’m dismissing it.
Wild Pig and Human Interactions | Texas A&M NRI
I don’t believe he was killed by a wild hog either. But it’s possible if he died from hypothermia or something else that he was taken by one. And there would be no clothes left behind since he wasn’t wearing any.

Paradoxical undressing associated with subarachnoid hemorrhage in a non-hypothermia case? | Request PDF

Here’s a link that shows paradoxical undressing in a NON Hypothermia case.

*Note: Photos included on link may be graphic to some

Just something to note... The deceased man in the photo took off all cloths (in his car) EXCEPT his shoes, socks, and watch. Jason had removed everything. I don't know if that matters or not, but I noticed it, so thought I'd throw that out.

Not being someone that has personally experienced something like this... but I still can't imagine needing to take the watch off because I felt overheated. But what do I know?

Just something to note... The deceased man in the photo took off all cloths (in his car) EXCEPT his shoes, socks, and watch. Jason had removed everything. I don't know if that matters or not, but I noticed it, so thought I'd throw that out.

Not being someone that has personally experienced something like this... but I still can't imagine needing to take the watch off because I felt overheated. But what do I know?
I thought about that, too. But maybe everything would feel constrictive in that situation?

I wonder what kind of watch it was...I know with my smart watch that has a rubber like band if I get warm or sweaty it does rub and get uncomfortable. I’ve taken it off before when feeling warm.

I thought about that, too. But maybe everything would feel constrictive in that situation?

I by no means considered myself an expert in this area either. :confused:
Like @Limecat, I even question whether this type incident can be caused by hitting ones head. I feel like we are all trying our best to come up with so many answers that may help find Jason, that any bit of info may be helpful. So when I came across this I figured it wouldn’t hurt to post.
I honestly at this point aren’t sure what I believe to be the events that occurred up to Jason disappearing. I just pray his family gets answers soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151