TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's sure interesting...
only for a few minutes..
They would have checked if they did any analysis on the blood, a tranquiliser would have been detectable .
I just wondered whether he'd run into some hunters
It was a windy night and I don't have sufficient local knowledge to figure out who might be hunting what in those circumstances. wind and cold.. unlikely.

and mine.
I wondered if it was a dart, an animal tranquiliser or something..
If LE considered that, it should be easy to prove by any residual as the dart would have had to pass through his tee shirt, waistband of his shorts and through the elastic band of underwear. Also, wouldn't a taser leave some sort of mark if it was aimed through those layers of clothing, like a singe mark or something? MOO MOO MOO

If LE considered that, it should be easy to prove by any residual as the dart would have had to pass through his tee shirt, waistband of his shorts and through the elastic band of underwear. Also, wouldn't a taser leave some sort of mark if it was aimed through those layers of clothing, like a singe mark or something? MOO MOO MOO
I'm not up to speed on taser marks.
But most definitely would have left a trace on his garments. And on the blood stain.
I HOPE they checked.

only for a few minutes..
They would have checked if they did any analysis on the blood, a tranquiliser would have been detectable .
I just wondered whether he'd run into some hunters
It was a windy night and I don't have sufficient local knowledge to figure out who might be hunting what in those circumstances. wind and cold.. unlikely.

Key word.... IF they did any analysis. From how they've handled things.... doubt it!

Alternately.... another idea from upthread... a tazer... that small blood let....

Is it possible that, in that missing 67-minute window, Jason encountered a criminal element? An attempted hijacking at that intersection, stopping too close to a meth operation, something just completely unexpected, causing a rapid exodus which dislodged his phone....

His route on Salt Flats, an attempt to flee.... having watched that video of the road he drove, I was surprised that he spun out on a relative straightaway but perhaps that was because he was able to accelerate faster....

Crashed, grabbed his bag, and intended to run on foot but....

He was tazed. Forced to undress. But why?

Here's another thought. What if Jason packed the t-shirt he was wearing in his last photo, his shorts and flip flops and watch into his backpack, changing into something warmer for his drive?

Later he or someone pulled his clothes out of his backpack....

Meanwhile Jason remained dressed. Just in something else.

Making it possible he got farther than expected or was in fact picked up.

Possible?

JMO

Key word.... IF they did any analysis. From how they've handled things.... doubt it!
CCSO are handling it. Not the same as the first night.
They might be a whole lot better.
And,far as I remember it was CCSO that collected his belongings from his parents' house a week later, when the status to missing person was officially confirmed.

Unless he was undressed or in the process of undressing MOO
If hunters had mistaken him for an animal, it was a very dark night, they may have been using sights, these imaginary hunters and shot a dart, thinking it was a wild animal. Jason was 6 ft tall. His clothes were nondescript colours, particularly in the dark..

CCSO are handling it. Not the same as the first night.
They might be a whole lot better.
And,far as I remember it was CCSO that collected his belongings from his parents' house a week later, when the status to missing person was officially confirmed.
I have always wondered why hiss clothes looked so clean when they were laid out in those pictures, particularly the pink tee shirt. If they were picked up from his parents home a week later, I wonder if they had been washed, reducing the chance of any forensic evidence.

I have always wondered why hiss clothes looked so clean when they were laid out in those pictures, particularly the pink tee shirt. If they were picked up from his parents home a week later, I wonder if they had been washed, reducing the chance of any forensic evidence.
That thought crossed my mind too..
I don't know.
His dad's a lawyer though, his instinct may have been to hold back on washing them..
Would a parent instinctively was his clothes, or preserve them?

Alternately.... another idea from upthread... a tazer... that small blood let....

Is it possible that, in that missing 67-minute window, Jason encountered a criminal element? An attempted hijacking at that intersection, stopping too close to a meth operation, something just completely unexpected, causing a rapid exodus which dislodged his phone....

His route on Salt Flats, an attempt to flee.... having watched that video of the road he drove, I was surprised that he spun out on a relative straightaway but perhaps that was because he was able to accelerate faster....

Crashed, grabbed his bag, and intended to run on foot but....

He was tazed. Forced to undress. But why?

Here's another thought. What if Jason packed the t-shirt he was wearing in his last photo, his shorts and flip flops and watch into his backpack, changing into something warmer for his drive?

Later he or someone pulled his clothes out of his backpack....

Meanwhile Jason remained dressed. Just in something else.

Making it possible he got farther than expected or was in fact picked up.

Possible?

JMO
Encountering a criminal element is high on my list of possibilities because they haven't found him.
I don't think he had on different clothes because of the watch. He would've been wearing it. MOO

If hunters had mistaken him for an animal, it was a very dark night, they may have been using sights, these imaginary hunters and shot a dart, thinking it was a wild animal. Jason was 6 ft tall. His clothes were nondescript colours, particularly in the dark..

Most states have laws against night hunting and even if it was illegal, hunters do not use tranquilizer darts.

Most states have laws against night hunting and even if it was illegal, hunters do not use tranquilizer darts.

I mostly agree, but at the same time, there exists the possibility that an animal-friendly person could have used them in attempt to remove wild hogs from their property in a humane way, rather than killing.

If Jason was driving back to his parents, I assume he would be staying a few days. Couldn't the clothes just be a second set? I don't remember there being an overnight bag I may have (probably have) missed that detail.
He was wearing those clothes in a facetime convo with a friend just before he left.
There is nothing to suggest he changed them for the car journey.
We were never informed of the full contents of his vehicle, just his backpack.

He was wearing those clothes in a facetime convo with a friend just before he left.
There is nothing to suggest he changed them for the car journey.
We were never informed of the full contents of his vehicle, just his backpack.

I know when I travel a longer distance I usually slip on pajama pants or my favorite comfy shirt. I definitely don't like to wear jeans or belts if I'm on a long drive. I'm just not ready to jump to a conclusion yet. Is it a possibility? Sure. Is changing into something more comfortable for a long night drive? Sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288