Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #56

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. And please don't bash me for victim blaming, but it looks like CV and LVD were in a very unhealthy, addictive relationship. CV was addicted to LVD. Even though she left him, he knew she was cheating on him, stole his money, he still seemed to be drawn to her. He was completely codependent, it seems. He craved the drama of her cruelty towards him.

I believe that CV was abused in the relationship, and it seems like Kaye felt helpless to help CV get away from LVD. People in addictive, abusive relationships never really see the whole picture. And they definitely don't believe that they are in danger. Even if CV did actions, like take his life insurance policy out of LVD's name, as a beneficiary, which means that cognitively, he understood that LVD could not be trusted. But, his addiction to her, meant he did not want to sever the connection he had.

LVD is like a black widow spider. CD was happily writing stories, going to prepper religious meetings, married to TD. I truly believe that if he had never met LVD, TD would still be alive.

Your insights are good!

But you have to change passport, drivers license, social security, bank accounts, etc. Government doesn't make it so easy to change your identity.

Yes, a woman does have to get those things (and many more) changed if she takes her new husband’s surname. But the new name becomes legal when the marriage certificate is signed, no matter what.

Yes, a woman does have to get those things (and many more) changed if she takes her new husband’s surname. But the new name becomes legal when the marriage certificate is signed, no matter what.
I don't know. Alex Cox allegedly took his wife's name at his Las Vegas wedding but he's never referenced by it.

I got curious and Googled. Found many articles like this one that says your legal name doesn’t automatically change upon marriage.

Since your name does not change automatically when you get married, you have to make sure you follow all the necessary legal steps to changing your name after the wedding.”

How to Change Your Name After Marriage & Everywhere to Do It

I got curious and Googled. Found many articles like this one that says your legal name doesn’t automatically change upon marriage.

Since your name does not change automatically when you get married, you have to make sure you follow all the necessary legal steps to changing your name after the wedding.”

This makes sense of it all. Given her family's historically adversarial position toward the requirements of officialdom, I can totally see Lori expecting to be called by whatever name/title she prefers at the moment, just because it is her due, without following any of the procedures to make it official. And of course the courts and their officers, or banks or US gov't offices or anyone else, would not be bound by her whim. Mrs. High-and-Mighty gets a reality check.

This makes sense of it all. Given her family's historically adversarial position toward the requirements of officialdom, I can totally see Lori expecting to be called by whatever name/title she prefers at the moment, just because it is her due, without following any of the procedures to make it official. And of course the courts and their officers, or banks or US gov't offices or anyone else, would not be bound by her whim. Mrs. High-and-Mighty gets a reality check.
I also think the criminal justice system wouldn't want to use a name that is different than the person's driver's license, passport, etc. If the person flees from justice, they want to be able to identify them by the same name as their ID, credit cards, etc.

I also think the criminal justice system wouldn't want to use a name that is different than the person's driver's license, passport, etc. If the person flees from justice, they want to be able to identify them by the same name as their ID, credit cards, etc.

Not sure across every state but you can get a driver's license, passport, credit card with your new married name with a marriage certificate and not legally changing your last name

Not sure across every state but you can get a driver's license, passport, credit card with your new married name with a marriage certificate and not legally changing your last name
Yes, I agree, but you do need to fill out application forms, and I wonder whether part of the process of approving/issuing the new cards and documents involves checking whether you're currently in jail or being sought by police.

Because you don't have to change your name. Many women prefer to keep their maiden name. In my case I chose to change it and make my maiden name my middle name and drop my middle name instead, and professionally, I hyphenated it. No one else's business, just like going by Ms. instead of Miss and Mrs. I've always been Ms. both when I was single, and after I got married.

They note down aka's in their system ( Also Known As), aliases.

Last edited:
Didn't Lori and Chad stay in a hugely luxe and expensive neighborhood in Kauai? I remember some figure of $3,000/month for a townhouse from one of the Datelines, IIRC. I wonder how Charles was responsible for that choice when he was already dead, Summer??
Summer would blame Chad lol

I am just going to jump in here.
In my state, my married name was NOT legal, until I changed it on my SS card and my DL.
the Marriage license did not mean diddly in regards to last name.
But that is my state.
I do not know how it is in other states.

I don't know. Alex Cox allegedly took his wife's name at his Las Vegas wedding but he's never referenced by it.
I took my husband’s surname at marriage but I only use it for legal things. Everyone knows me by my maiden name. If I had it to do over, I’d have kept my name but I assumed it would make things like banking and medical insurance (through his work) easier if we had the same last names. Didn’t work out that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea