TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Feb 25th I posted that the auction for Jason's car was pushed out to 3/6. I checked in to see if the bidding amount had changed from $350 where it was. Now all it says is "Upcoming auction" yet there is no auction date. It just says --/--/---- for the date. Not sure if the auction is on hold now or what, or why. Hmmmm.....

Inventory

On Feb 25th I posted that the auction for Jason's car was pushed out to 3/6. I checked in to see if the bidding amount had changed from $350 where it was. Now all it says is "Upcoming auction" yet there is no auction date. It just says --/--/---- for the date. Not sure if the auction is on hold now or what, or why. Hmmmm.....

Inventory

Wow. I'm shocked it was up for auction this soon! It hasn't even been three months!!!

Wow. I'm shocked it was up for auction this soon! It hasn't even been three months!!!

The fact it was being auctioned off was brought up exactly 1 month ago today (2/4) by Txst Student. It's been pushed out at least once that I'm aware of and looks like it's been pushed out again, only with no date scheduled.

Also note that I have no idea if 2/4 was when it first was listed to be auctioned, or if that's just the soonest Txst Student stumbled across that info and clued us in. It could have been earlier.

I mostly agree, but at the same time, there exists the possibility that an animal-friendly person could have used them in attempt to remove wild hogs from their property in a humane way, rather than killing.
Not meaning to argue, but this is just not realistic. I can tell you that I have never heard of that and it is just not likely. Hogs are nasty violent and no one would take that chance. They are nuisance animals that procreate at a high rate and totally destroy the environment. There is no easy way to handle them once caught. If they wake up on you handling them it could mean your life if not being maimed. There is also no where to take them. Removal for relocation just doesn't happen.

Not meaning to argue, but this is just not realistic. I can tell you that I have never heard of that and it is just not likely. Hogs are nasty violent and no one would take that chance. They are nuisance animals that procreate at a high rate and totally destroy the environment. There is no easy way to handle them once caught. If they wake up on you handling them it could mean your life if not being maimed. There is also no where to take them. Removal for relocation just doesn't happen.

Hogs are overpopulated nuisance animals that get hunted to eradicate them. They are way overpopulated and do major destruction to the land and ecosystems. They are not being preserved.

100% agree.
Anyone familiar with these animals know what a MAJOR nuisance they are and like you said, there’s an overpopulation of them.
While tranquilizers may be used on some animals for various purposes, I honestly don’t think hogs would be one of them.
Like @Quill , not to argue or totally dismiss a theory, I just feel wild hog hunting with a tranquilizer dart in TX isn’t connected to Jason’s disappearance. Respectfully JMO

100% agree.
Anyone familiar with these animals know what a MAJOR nuisance they are and like you said, there’s an overpopulation of them.
While tranquilizers may be used on some animals for various purposes, I honestly don’t think hogs would be one of them.
Like @Quill , not to argue or totally dismiss a theory, I just feel wild hog hunting with a tranquilizer dart in TX isn’t connected to Jason’s disappearance. Respectfully JMO
I don't think it is either.
There's no evidence at all that a tranquiliser gun or any kind of gun was used in his disappearance.
It was merely a theory.
Likewise there is no evidence that night hunting occurs in that region.
There is evidence, however that wild pigs inhabit that region.
Good research document here on wild pigs
https://www.aphis.usda.gov/wildlife_damage/feral_swine/pdfs/managing-feral-pigs.pdf

The discussion came about because of the blood stain on his clothes and explored all possibilities for how this may have come about.
LE have stated he got nicked by barbed wire as he exited his crashed vehicle and tht is most likely the truth.

Or sadly it could just take longer to find him if he's deceased. Thomas Brown from Canadian, Texas went missing the night before Thanksgiving 2016 and his remains were not found until January 2019 :( It's heartbreaking for the family to push forward day by day without answers.

I still believe this poor young man is in the area. Foul play is low on my list based on what LE has released to date.

If anyone has the stomach for it, and I'm putting a strong disclaimer here, search pictures of The Body Farm. The research they do is incredible and bless the people who donate their bodies. This gives you an idea of how difficult it is to recover a deceased person outdoors, especially as time goes on and weather changes. IMO

I still believe this poor young man is in the area. Foul play is low on my list based on what LE has released to date.

If anyone has the stomach for it, and I'm putting a strong disclaimer here, search pictures of The Body Farm. The research they do is incredible and bless the people who donate their bodies. This gives you an idea of how difficult it is to recover a deceased person outdoors, especially as time goes on and weather changes. IMO
After a very short amount of time, even a clothed body out in the open is difficult to spot. If the body is concealed by, for example, having hidden under some brush to stay warm even more so. I also think this poor soul if very close to where his car was found and just yet to be found.

Yes, The Body Farm is Texas State’s research facility for forensic anthropology. They do amazing research there. Our town high school forensics classes have done work out there too. It’s notable how they have to put cages over the corpses in the wild to protect them from animals. Now think if a body was out there unprotected for this long.

After a very short amount of time, even a clothed body out in the open is difficult to spot. If the body is concealed by, for example, having hidden under some brush to stay warm even more so. I also think this poor soul if very close to where his car was found and just yet to be found.

I agree with y’all.

The events that lead up to the wreck are unknown and so many theories have been shared. That’s one of the great things about WS, so many talented members thinking, questioning, researching, and sharing...often posting things I would have never thought of!

With that being said, I honestly believe Jason unfortunately wrecked his car causing him to exit the vehicle and wander off to get help. It’s possibly he wasn’t thinking clearly, but just clearly enough to grab his backpack and his fish (I think his phone fell during the wreck, causing him to lose it, leaving it behind); thinking he could walk to find help. Shortly, Jason begins not thinking clearly at all (based on leaving the fish he just earlier took out of the car, dropping his backpack, and taking his clothing off). I feel he continued wandering, and sadly he isn’t too far from where his car was found. He possibly found shelter underneath or in something or burrowed himself somewhere making it hard to see him. JMO

As far as why he was on Salt Flat Rd or why so far down the particular road? I believe he just took a wrong turn and (as another member posted) thought if he just drive a “lil farther” he’d come out where he needed to be. Again, JMO

Why did he turn off Waze and open Snapchat, was the marijuana laced, why did he remove his clothes???...I’m honestly unsure what I think about these details.

But I do believe if we ever find out why he opened Snapchat (who sent him a message or vis-versa) or if LE ever gets into his phone, it will be a major turning point. JMO

I just pray Jason is found for his family’s sake. May they have closure.

Forgive me if this has already been talked about, but where were the clothes found in relation to the abandoned house?
What if there was someone hiding out in the house, either squatters or meth or whatever. Jason leaves his car to find help, stumbles on whoever is in the house and they forced him to undress and ditch his stuff. Possibly at knife point and accidentally gave him a little poke to get moving.
Maybe they had a car there and loaded him up in it. Could be why the dogs scent stopped there. I know it seems crazy to make him undress but if someone was on drugs or out of their mind it may make sense to them. Just throwing some other ideas out there.

I think his phone fell at the last known signal.
Well before SLR.

I agree. I was just about to post that when I saw you beat me to it. It doesn't make sense to me that his digital footprint stops back that the intersection he failed to turn right on, and he did nothing with his phone between then and the accident. He couldn't drive anywhere without Waze, yet he never turned it back on or did anything online ever again.

Yes, The Body Farm is Texas State’s research facility for forensic anthropology. They do amazing research there. Our town high school forensics classes have done work out there too. It’s notable how they have to put cages over the corpses in the wild to protect them from animals. Now think if a body was out there unprotected for this long.

Outstanding opportunity for your local high school students!

I have a friend who was able to train there with her HRD dog. He was use to training with various human remain aids, but had never seen a full body cadaver at that point. He did have one find with LE under his belt (recovered teen drowning victim). His reaction was interesting, he completely froze and just stared intently. He recovered very quickly and offered his final trained response. Now it was part of his catalogue.

Some bodies are not protected. They study bone trajectory paths of critters. This is important because it can lead trained investigators to potential remaining remains that have been scattered. IMO

Outstanding opportunity for your local high school students!

I have a friend who was able to train there with her HRD dog. He was use to training with various human remain aids, but had never seen a full body cadaver at that point. He did have one find with LE under his belt (recovered teen drowning victim). His reaction was interesting, he completely froze and just stared intently. He recovered very quickly and offered his final trained response. Now it was part of his catalogue.

Some bodies are not protected. They study bone trajectory paths of critters. This is important because it can lead trained investigators to potential remaining remains that have been scattered. IMO

Glad to hear the part I bolded. My first thought was if they were all protected, it wouldn't be exactly like what goes on in real life (or real death as the case may be). I like this approach.

Glad to hear the part I bolded. My first thought was if they were all protected, it wouldn't be exactly like what goes on in real life (or real death as the case may be). I like this approach.
A body farm is a research facility where decomposition can be studied in a variety of settings. The initial one was conceived by anthropologist William M. Bass in 1971 at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville, Tennessee, where Bass was interested in studying the decomposition of a human corpse from the time of death to the time of decay.[1][2] The aim was to gain a better understanding of the decomposition process, permitting the development of techniques for extracting information such as the timing and circumstances of death from human remains. Body farm research is of particular interest in forensic anthropology and related disciplines, and has applications in the fields of law enforcement and forensic science. By placing the bodies outside to face the elements, researchers are able to get a better understanding of the decomposition process.[3]
Body farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member