Found Deceased VA - Brent Gibson, 26, Roanoke County, 3 March 2021

TedMac

Reaction score
Search ongoing for missing man along Blue Ridge Parkway

"The Roanoke Co. Police are seeking the public’s assistance in locating missing 26 year old Brent Gibson. He was last seen on March 3, 2021 clocking out for lunch around noon at Cardinal Glass in Vinton, VA. Brent never returned to work. His truck was located on the Blue Ridge Parkway with his cell phone, keys & other belongings left behind. Brent is 6’1”, 240 lbs with brown hair & hazel eyes. He was wearing a blue & yellow State Warrior hoodie, blue jeans & steel toe boots. If anyone has any information regarding his disappearance or knows of his whereabouts, please contact the Parkway Dispatch at (828)-298-2491."
Roanoke County, VA Police Department. WDBJ7, WSLS 10 / WSLS.com, WFXR News, ABC 13 - WSET

"The Roanoke Co. Police are seeking the public’s assistance in locating missing 26 year old Brent Gibson. He was last seen on March 3, 2021 clocking out for lunch around noon at Cardinal Glass in Vinton, VA. Brent never returned to work. His truck was located on the Blue Ridge Parkway with his cell phone, keys & other belongings left behind. Brent is 6’1”, 240 lbs with brown hair & hazel eyes. He was wearing a blue & yellow State Warrior hoodie, blue jeans & steel toe boots. If anyone has any information regarding his disappearance or knows of his whereabouts, please contact the Parkway Dispatch at (828)-298-2491."
Roanoke County, VA Police Department. WDBJ7, WSLS 10 / WSLS.com, WFXR News, ABC 13 - WSET
This seems very strange. Reports said his truck was pulled into space when he was always known to back in.

Search for missing Bedford County continues along the Blue Ridge Parkway

March 6
The search for a missing Bedford County man continued along the Blue Ridge Parkway Saturday afternoon.

Brent Gibson was last seen Wednesday at the Roanoke River Overlook, where his car was also found that same day.

A group of 75 volunteers and park rangers searching in and around the overlook.

They didn’t find any clues, but Gibson’s loved ones say they won’t stop until they find him.

The volunteers will return to search on Sunday.

Is there a photo?
157082307_1919516948200063_9066602877751286763_n.jpg

This is my neck of the woods! Me and my husband worked with and have been friends with Brent's dad for years but we haven't talked to him in awhile. I am also friends with someone on the SWR team. Brent's uncle is a truck driver for the company my husband works for and has given details not posted on SM that I know of so I know I can't say them here. This is just so sad for everyone involved!!!

Brent’s phone, keys and other belongings were left in his truck. I’m not familiar with the overlook, but pictures show a very tall bridge over a river with strong currents nearby. :-(

The overlook views a small dam that still actually provides power to Roanoke City. The hiking trail down to the dam is short but the dropoff from the bridge is about 100 ft. There are numerous warning signs about the rushing water down by the river.

I didn't read that? I think I'm missing something. His car was found at Roanoke River Overlook, How does someone know how he parks there?
Parkway rangers searching for missing man near Roanoke River Overlook

The Missing Pieces Network, which helps families with missing relatives, said Gibson left his place of work in Vinton around lunchtime Wednesday and never returned. His truck was found that evening in the parking lot of the Roanoke River Overlook in Roanoke County.

The truck was pulled into a parking space, rather than backed in, which would have been unusual for Gibson, advocates wrote. His wallet, keys and phone were inside the vehicle.

Parkway rangers searching for missing man near Roanoke River Overlook

To Note:
•Gibson left his place of work in Vinton around lunchtime Wednesday and never returned.
•His truck was found that evening in the parking lot of the Roanoke River Overlook in Roanoke County.
•the truck was pulled into a parking space, rather than backed in, which would have been unusual for Gibson
•His wallet, keys and phone were inside the vehicle
•The group asked that anyone who was in the area between noon and 3 p.m. Wednesday who may have seen Gibson, caught anything on camera, or saw anything suspicious to contact authorities

FAMILY OF BRENT GIBSON ASKING FOR ASSISTANCE FROM COMMUNITY

Were you hiking or driving in the vicinity of the Roanoke River Overlook on the Blue Ridge Parkway in Roanoke County between 12 - 3 PM on Wednesday, March 3, 2021?

The family of missing 26-year-old Brent Gibson is asking anyone who either saw Brent or who has photos or dashcam video of Brent or anything suspicious, to contact Parkway Dispatch at 828-298-2491.

•his truck was unlocked, his cellphone, keys, and wallet were all found inside.

March 7
The National Park Service and local law enforcement agencies are looking for a missing man in the Roanoke area of the Blue Ridge Parkway.

According to the AWARE Foundation, he clocked out for lunch that day around noon from his workplace in Vinton, and never returned to work.

I'm worried about Brent. It strikes me as odd that he left for work during lunch as the admin of the Bring Brent Home group, in a reply to a comment, has said that he usually doesn't leave for lunch and they're not sure why he did on the day he went missing. I wonder what his supervisor(s) and co-workers have to say about any employment issues/happenings recently. Of course, his disappearance could have nothing to do with work, but I'd be asking them questions about his behavior/work performance/demeanor/conversations, etc.

157533073_101738985325416_3932314086230933401_n.jpg

About:
This is the official page set up to bring awareness to missing 26-year-old Brent Gibson whose truck was found abandoned on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Bring Brent Home
@BringBrentHome
1 hr ago

We greatly appreciate the media coverage and interest in Brent’s disappearance, but it’s important for everyone to know that Brent was last seen leaving his place of employment. He was not actually seen at the Roanoke River Overlook. His truck was found abandoned there and spotted later that afternoon, but at this point we have no idea if Brent or someone else drove the vehicle there. This is one of many questions that need to be answered.

ETA flyer-
158560918_101743755324939_6304444199755841361_o.jpg

Last edited:
Bring Brent Home

March 8
...It is important to remember that Brent was last seen leaving his place of employment. He was not actually seen at Roanoke River Outlook. His truck was found abandoned there and spotted later that afternoon, but at this point we don’t know if Brent or someone else drove the vehicle there. This is just one of the many questions we have.

In the comments, admins stated his truck was not dusted for fingerprints.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crime.junkie
Back