FL FL - Sumter Co, 'Little Miss Panasoffkee', WhtFem 17-24, 470UFFL, Feb'71

High fructose corn syrop as a sweetener and sugar replacement wasn't a big thing yet in 1971 so we shouldn't think of today's American and European diets. Likewise, I believe one isotope analysis placed Little Miss P in the Lavrion area near Athens. Greece in the 1960s was still a relatively poor country. I am pretty sure the scientists doing isotope analysis know what they are talking about. In any case, her isotopes show that she had a sudden, dramatic change of diet in the period leading up to her murder. So, whatever the story of regional diets, she moved to a place with a vastly different diet.

Yes, that's the key point. And it sounds like the diet analysis doesn't contradict the possibility that she is from Greece.

I wish there was someway of knowing how many women of that age in the US had that Watson-Jones technique surgery on their right ankle between 1967 and 1970. It would certainly narrow it down, and there must be records somewhere. Start with Florida, then work out.

Also, if it's a theory she MAY have been in the area to join the army recruits as the women entered at Orlando for training, then would this ankle surgery have precluded her from army duty.

I just read a report (co-incidentally from 1971) that stated only 50% of people who had that Watson-Jomes surgery on their ankles were free of any pain afterwards.
People who have 'chronic ankle instability' have this surgery. Not ideal for an army recruit.

Although of course, the army theory may be a red herring, and perhaps she was a Florida native.

Attachments

• 115.full.pdf
    133.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
She was probably from southeastern Europe, possibly Greece, and came to the U.S. in the previous year.

She had had surgery to stabilize her right ankle and lots of dental work.

The evidence pointed to southeastern Europe.

South-Eastern Europe was poor in 1971, and Greece particularly so then.

Do you think many would be able to afford all this dental work, plus an ankle operation back in their home countries? I can't see all that dental work taking place on a poor young Greek girl.

Maybe she wasn't a poor immigrant and was from a more wealthy family? Was she estranged from them? I wonder if she came to the US by herself?

If she had a huge change of diet in the last 10 months, then her child/children would have been born outside of the USA.

MOO.

Last edited:
High fructose corn syrop as a sweetener and sugar replacement wasn't a big thing yet in 1971 so we shouldn't think of today's American and European diets. Likewise, I believe one isotope analysis placed Little Miss P in the Lavrion area near Athens. Greece in the 1960s was still a relatively poor country. I am pretty sure the scientists doing isotope analysis know what they are talking about. In any case, her isotopes show that she had a sudden, dramatic change of diet in the period leading up to her murder. So, whatever the story of regional diets, she moved to a place with a vastly different diet.

Those isotopes put her near Lavrion simply due to the high amounts of lead. Now if Little Miss Panasofkee lived near an industrial area they would be just as high. It makes me wonder if the isotopes get updated as more areas get tested. Seeing as we are learning more about the drinking supply of many areas in the United States that are high in lead concentrations.

In any case, IMO I don't think isotopes should be heavily relied on as they haven't been right in more cases than not.

Hello guys!

Was Konstantina ruled out?
I enhanced her B/W photo and I see resemblance!

But I’d like to be sure if she is still a possibility.

Those isotopes put her near Lavrion simply due to the high amounts of lead. Now if Little Miss Panasofkee lived near an industrial area they would be just as high. It makes me wonder if the isotopes get updated as more areas get tested. Seeing as we are learning more about the drinking supply of many areas in the United States that are high in lead concentrations.

In any case, IMO I don't think isotopes should be heavily relied on as they haven't been right in more cases than not.

If she gets identified and it turns out she was a local girl who has never been anywhere near Greece, then I think we can permanently brand isotope testing as a pseudoscience and shouldn’t be used anymore in regards to identifying does.

South-Eastern Europe was poor in 1971, and Greece particularly so then.

Do you think many would be able to afford all this dental work, plus an ankle operation back in their home countries? I can't see all that dental work taking place on a poor young Greek girl.

Maybe she wasn't a poor immigrant and was from a more wealthy family? Was she estranged from them? I wonder if she came to the US by herself?

If she had a huge change of diet in the last 10 months, then her child/children would have been born outside of the USA.

MOO.
If she was from Greece, they had universal healthcare. While it may have been rudimentary care, it was nevertheless available to all.

If she was from Greece, they had universal healthcare. While it may have been rudimentary care, it was nevertheless available to all.
I think all the dental work goes being rudimentary healthcare.....caps, do for a start, in early 70s Greece.

Hello guys!

Was Konstantina ruled out?
I enhanced her B/W photo and I see resemblance!

But I’d like to be sure if she is still a possibility.
No, she was never ruled out. We don't know her surname and her family wasn't located so we don't know if she's our Jane Doe or not. Personally, I believe it is her.

No, she was never ruled out. We don't know her surname and her family wasn't located so we don't know if she's our Jane Doe or not. Personally, I believe it is her.
The circumstances seem to match our UID’s, and IMO she came from Greece, spent her time in the US and was tragically murdered.

Greece was a military dictatorship from 1967-1974. A lot of people go missing during military dictatorships and it's not a good time to ask questions. The police system was also not set up to deal with missing people.

Anecdotally (nothing to do with Little Miss P but to illustrate), the mother of a friend in Greece went missing when he was six years old in the late 70s/80s. On a small island in the Northeast Aegean. He came home from school and she was gone. There was no police investigation, nothing. His father just said 'she's gone and we are not talking about her any more'. To this day, he wonders what happened to her and why/if she left him. The family just never talked of her again. This obviously has domestic violence written all over it and no need to discuss this but just as an illustration of how things were. No investigation. A male dominated society - the husband said she left and that was that. So, the only way you are going to get answers about a young woman who suddenly went off the radar is if you had someone still wondering and digging. Or you might have success with a hugely popular TV show called 'the light in the tunnel' (or something close enough) which reaches a wide audience. I believe the case of Little Miss P was aired on this show twice - which is where the lead about Konstantina came from.

Why would a not well-to-do young woman from Greece go to America? Konstantina's work program would certainly be one possibility that matches. Generally though, migration patterns follow personal connections in these circumstances. So, someone who had migrated to America earlier and needed help for their business, providing an opportunity to migrate. Maybe even helping someone flee from the military dictatorship by offering them a job in America. Then it's very easy to explain the absence of that person - you can say in the US that she went back to Greece. You can say in Greece that she went off and found her own fortune elsewhere in America. In 1971 they didn't even have direct dial international phone calls to Greece and less-to-do people did not even have telephones. It was all by letter. So if someone stops writing - what can you do to figure out why they are not writing any more? Nobody 'missing her' is likely more a case of they were missing her but had no idea what to do about it.

Of course it may turn out that she's not Greek after all. What I can't place is what she was wearing. Clothes say a lot about people. Were her clothes 'hip and trendy' for 1971? Oddball? Do they speak 'independent woman with her own style' or 'not allowed out and hidden in the back of the restaurant kitchen'?

When I scroll back, it looks as though others have mentioned this, and Carl may have been aware at some point. I wonder if it was looked into, or if the focus on Greece ruled her out in a sense?

When I scroll back, it looks as though others have mentioned this, and Carl may have been aware at some point. I wonder if it was looked into, or if the focus on Greece ruled her out in a sense?

Looking in Ms. Dugan (Duggan?)'s websleuths thread, it looks like her daughter was on for a bit a few years ago and felt it wasn't her, though she doesn't say whether that was a formal ruleout.

I'm curious about the ankle surgery. Alexis is noted as having " a three-inch scar on her right knee, a scar on her right ankle and a scar on her abdomen."

I wish we knew more about these scars. A 3 inch scar on her right knee in addition to her right ankle makes me wonder if she may have been in an accident and required surgery?

I am also curious about Konstantina. If she was a poor girl from a fishing village, how likely would her access to corrective orthopedic surgery have been?

With the ID of Beth Doe as Evelyn Colon, and the fact that Evelyn's isotope analysis was super inaccurate (saying she was probably a European immigrant when she was from New Jersey), I think it would do us well to step away from the definitive theory of this Doe being Greek.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back