Found Deceased Australia - Melissa Caddick, 49, Sydney, NSW, 12 Nov 2020 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another DT article .... paraphrased (we'll have to watch for DM to repeat it)

Melissa's school friends think of her as a nice girl who never got into trouble, and who came from Lugarno.
They are shocked and bewildered as to how their curly haired friend became a fraudster.
They grew up in the 70s and 80s in Lugarno (south Sydney) and played outside until dark.
It seemed miles away from Sydney, and was a safe, quiet, middle class suburb.

Most kids there went to Lugarno Public School, then Peakhurst High School.

A girl called Melissa Linabury went to both schools with Melissa (Grimley).
They were close in primary school.
Melissa (Grimley) wasn't tall, she had very, very curly hair. Melissa G went to all of Melissa L's birthday parties since Grade 3, and they had sleepovers at Melissa G's house.

Melissa G's house was lovely, as are her parents ... their parents were friends.
Melissa G lived toward the bottom of Grandview Crescent, the house having a view of the river, and being one of the nicer homes in the area.
Melissa G was very friendly. In 1988 she was in Year 12. Big smile, big hair, looked nothing like she did recently.

They met up again in 2018, at their 30 year school reunion.
Melissa G dressed lovely, had straight hair, they talked for quite a while. Melissa L presumed that Melissa G had 'married wealthy' because of all the o/s holidays, nice car.
Melissa G didn't gloat, wasn't stuck up, Melissa L just picked up on little things.

In high school Melissa G was very quiet, and had a small group of lovely friends. Didn't stand out in the crowd.

Another friend, Susanna Dale, said Melissa G said she was very in love with AK (at the reunion). They both have younger husbands.
Presented as quite wealthy ... jewellery, clothes.

Shane Parry, another friend, said they are all having trouble reconciling their childhood friend with the fraudster. They all really feel for Melissa's son.

Melissa was in one of the top classes in high school, very smart.

Then the article goes on to speak in detail of all the fraud details that we already know.

No Cookies | Daily Telegraph

Just to finish up the police divers search info ... they found nothing.

Police divers have combed through thousands of square metres off Dover Heights in a bid to narrow down what may have happened to missing Sydney businesswoman Melissa Caddick.
On Friday, the divers conducted an underwater search spanning 6000 square metres but nothing of interest was found, a police spokesperson said.
“At this stage, police won’t be conducting further searches in the area,” the spokesperson said.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/police-divers-search-ocean-off-dover-heights-for-melissa-caddick-20210305-p57825.html#:~:text=Police divers have combed through,missing Sydney businesswoman Melissa Caddick.&text=The 49-year-old disappeared,eastern suburbs in mid-November.

On Friday, the divers conducted an underwater search spanning 6000 square metres but nothing of interest was found, a police spokesperson said.

That’s only a pin prick of area in the ocean. 1 acre is 4,000 square metres. 6,000 is only 1.5 acres!

people have brought up the possibility she was cleaning dirty money

but to do that she needs some way to get that money, if its already in an account its already clean most of the time, accounts have names attached to them.. even trusts and the like

maybe that 5am walk out was a meeting with the mr big... thats a scary thought

growing up in western sydney for most of my life i can tell you from experience its very easy to get caught up with the wrong people.. not saying Melissa did just.. its very easy to get in deep without fully understanding at the time

oh i have to add one of these MOO things... so MOO
Without saying too much the wrong people are her neighbours.

Atm I think she killed herself but the reality is that all she had to do was rip off the wrong well known investor in the community & that was it. Certain people you don’t get away with ripping off Sure they’re probably very secretive with their investments, but they don’t take too kindly to being ripped off either..

That’s only a pin prick of area in the ocean. 1 acre is 4,000 square metres. 6,000 is only 1.5 acres!
Honestly I think the police are just dotting their i’s and crossing their t’s.

Seems that they’re going to conclude suicide which I agree with, but for some reason NSW police are good at stuffing up missing person / murder cases. Not sure why

She might be gone, but the Melissa Caddick mystery is far from over. TONIGHT on
Channel 9, 60 Minutes follows the accused con-woman’s money trail and reveals an extraordinary twist. #60Mins

the last 60 minutes was very good, i hope this one is just as good, they normally have some good tidbits of info not in the public domain

i'll give it a watch when its on or when they upload to their streaming thing later tonight

The childhood reminiscences are not at all what I expected.

It is also stated in one of these newer articles that the area in which Melissa's shoe was found is an area where she camped when she was younger. And police are looking into whether or not there is anything in that.

I will look for the link, and if I find it I will ETA it here.

ETA: I have found a similar part, this part doesn't mention that the police are looking into it. (I did read that part somewhere though, about the police looking into it.)

"In a bizarre twist, Ms Caddick had previously camped at the very same location on school excursions, her classmates from Peakhurst High School said."
https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...dick-s-school-excursions-20210226-p5768j.html

Last edited:
It is also stated in one of these newer articles that the area in which Melissa's shoe was found is an area where she camped when she was younger. And police are looking into whether or not there is anything in that.

I will look for the link, and if I find it I will ETA it here.

ETA: I have found a similar part, this part doesn't mention that the police are looking into it. (I did read that part somewhere though, about the police looking into it.)

"In a bizarre twist, Ms Caddick had previously camped at the very same location on school excursions, her classmates from Peakhurst High School said."
https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...dick-s-school-excursions-20210226-p5768j.html
With Elvis.

https://edge.alluremedia.com.au/uploads/businessinsider/2018/02/pool-bar.jpg

IMO
Found new photograph...

Possible 2018 photo of MC glued to mobile phone sitting alone at the luxury Warwick Farm hotel pool in western Sydney, overlooking the horse racing track????

A very sad, publicly-available photo on 7th March 2021.

MC & AK attended a very-long-table-lunch at the Warwick Farm hotel sponsored by a wine company and other luxury goods, called Watches, Wine, Wagering and a couple of other pricey W things that I can't remember... Luxury vehicles were also parked in the foyer on the day of the lunch.

Found at web page.
This new 5-star hotel in Sydney lets you watch horse races from a rooftop pool bar
(Pic Half Way Down Page)

<Modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:

IMO
Possibly a 2018 photo of MC glued to mobile phone, sitting around pool at Warwick Farm hotel pool in western Sydney, overlooking the horse racing track???? Publicly available photo at 7th March 2021.

Found at web page.
This new 5-star hotel in Sydney lets you watch horse races from a rooftop pool bar
(Pic Half Way Down Page)
I agree that it looks like Melissa--her posture.

IMO
Found new photograph...

Possible 2018 photo of MC glued to mobile phone sitting alone at the luxury Warwick Farm hotel pool in western Sydney, overlooking the horse racing track????

A very sad, publicly-available photo on 7th March 2021.

MC & AK attended a very-long-table-lunch at the Warwick Farm hotel sponsored by a wine company and other luxury goods, called Watches, Wine, Wagering and a couple of other pricey W things that I can't remember... Luxury vehicles were also parked in the foyer on the day of the lunch.

Found at web page.
(

<modsnip>​

Snoop do you know more about the "sad" part? <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
So there is a share portfolio that is quite significant and they are confident they will be able to return a lot of money to the investors. Wow. After all the hullabulloo. :eek:

I thought they would be able to trace it - from bank to bank to bank and so on.

This share portfolio is in MC's name and she spent the dividends on herself.

My take-away from 60 Minutes:

Well they have found a substantial share portfolio in her name. She, of course, spent the dividends on herself.

AK's father is the one who was accused of murdering MC.

MC forged his signature on a lot of documents.

AK will get nothing.

Left Aspen apartment to a family member in her Will which she did not own.

Yes but in this Will, she left the Aspen apartment to a family member but she did not even own it. I think the person would be AG.

Why do you think that? They just said a family member. Does AG ski?

I notice they said AK will get nothing as a creditor. I wonder if Melissa's will is going to be contested by ASIC, if she has left investor-sourced funds to people.

I wonder if Melissa forged AK's father's signature, or if some other person who lived in that house did. You'd think she would want a different handwriting for a signature forgery. Of course, she is not around now to defend any of the actions, so people can surmise whatever they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni