Fencesitters & Not Guilty Post Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOOL LOOK

~~~Sin is the Cause of all Sorrow~~~For this Gal,
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
At this point and time, I firmly believe the Mccanns are guilty of killing and disposing of Maddie's body somewhere in Portugal. Although I've not kept up with this case as some others and don't have all the facts straight, up to what I've read, seen in the media, McCanns own words and body language, has led me to my conclusions thus far. They could change at anytime, as the facts and evidence continues to unfold and shared with the public.

When I heard Ed Smart and John Walsh's interviews, I did feel on the fence for about an hour. Re-questioning my opinion and thoughts over and over in my head. Could they be railroaded? Could this be the authorities in a public or political move rush to bring this case to a new phase due to the Mccanns possibly preparing to leave tomorrow? Could it be based on good police investigation, forensics, interviews that has led to these new statuses as suspects for the parents? We've seen all these scenerios happen over and over again in the media with cases of missing persons. So relaly, it could be anything, do we have enough evidence so far to be 100% sure they are guilty of something?

Early on in the Laci Peterson case, most all of us knew within hours and the first few days of Scottie was guilty as sin. We didn't even have a whole lot of facts, interviews and evidence but we made our minds up quick. The story Scott gave in the beginning just never made sense at all, which is the primary fact us sleuthers based our opinions on. Same thing I think with JonBenet Ramsey. What the parents had to say just didn't jive with common sense to the normal joe of a person.

Buttt, Ed and John really keep an air of innocence in the midst of this mess. Why? Is it because their so credible as public people in our society? I think so. Ed just tore at my heart when he was speaking of the Mccanns, especially Kate and how they just couldn't possibly have harmed their child. Plus his point about not all the avenues have been utilitized in Maddies search like bringing in certain trained people to search for her. The Portugal police not allowing these highly qualified outsiders inside to help. It was a good point he made on CNN. John agreed with his outlook. I do too. John pointed out that not all the abduction theories were investigated to what he feels was a standard now used in most all cases. He also pointed out they didn't follow threw thoroughly concerning their investigation of Robert Murat,I had to agree with him again.

Not to mention, it is still hard to believe these parents, as Ed pointed out too, are doctors, if Maddy had accidently gotten sick or hurt, they naturally and intelligently would have sought care for her by taking her to a hospital and administring medical care themselves because of their profession. Another good point which tends to make me re-think my position.

So I'm now about 75% sure they have something to do with Maddy missing, and 25% uncertain. Another few factors is I feel if they did do this, they would of had to have done it prior to when their claiming she became missing, thus giving them time to move her. Toomuch media attention, no privacy outside their room in my opinion to move her away from the apartment after notifying the police.

The original timeline would have to be all together wrong. Which brings me to another belief of mine. I believe something happened to her prior to the time frame the Mccanns claim.

Their looks, body languages, all their interviews, not hardly any tears, just stress out looking, not enough pleading for her return, makes me think they did do it.

welcome1.jpg

indecision.jpg

judgeNG.jpg

Question: wasn't there supposed to be a detective working on the Maddie case who 'cheated' (for want of a better word) a woman into being convicted in a similar case?
Anyone know what happened to that?

At this point and time, I firmly believe the Mccanns are guilty of killing and disposing of Maddie's body somewhere in Portugal. Although I've not kept up with this case as some others and don't have all the facts straight, up to what I've read, seen in the media, McCanns own words and body language, has led me to my conclusions thus far. They could change at anytime, as the facts and evidence continues to unfold and shared with the public.

When I heard Ed Smart and John Walsh's interviews, I did feel on the fence for about an hour. Re-questioning my opinion and thoughts over and over in my head. Could they be railroaded? Could this be the authorities in a public or political move rush to bring this case to a new phase due to the Mccanns possibly preparing to leave tomorrow? Could it be based on good police investigation, forensics, interviews that has led to these new statuses as suspects for the parents? We've seen all these scenerios happen over and over again in the media with cases of missing persons. So relaly, it could be anything, do we have enough evidence so far to be 100% sure they are guilty of something?

Early on in the Laci Peterson case, most all of us knew within hours and the first few days of Scottie was guilty as sin. We didn't even have a whole lot of facts, interviews and evidence but we made our minds up quick. The story Scott gave in the beginning just never made sense at all, which is the primary fact us sleuthers based our opinions on. Same thing I think with JonBenet Ramsey. What the parents had to say just didn't jive with common sense to the normal joe of a person.

Buttt, Ed and John really keep an air of innocence in the midst of this mess. Why? Is it because their so credible as public people in our society? I think so. Ed just tore at my heart when he was speaking of the Mccanns, especially Kate and how they just couldn't possibly have harmed their child. Plus his point about not all the avenues have been utilitized in Maddies search like bringing in certain trained people to search for her. The Portugal police not allowing these highly qualified outsiders inside to help. It was a good point he made on CNN. John agreed with his outlook. I do too. John pointed out that not all the abduction theories were investigated to what he feels was a standard now used in most all cases. He also pointed out they didn't follow threw thoroughly concerning their investigation of Robert Murat,I had to agree with him again.

Not to mention, it is still hard to believe these parents, as Ed pointed out too, are doctors, if Maddy had accidently gotten sick or hurt, they naturally and intelligently would have sought care for her by taking her to a hospital and administring medical care themselves because of their profession. Another good point which tends to make me re-think my position.

So I'm now about 75% sure they have something to do with Maddy missing, and 25% uncertain. Another few factors is I feel if they did do this, they would of had to have done it prior to when their claiming she became missing, thus giving them time to move her. Toomuch media attention, no privacy outside their room in my opinion to move her away from the apartment after notifying the police.

The original timeline would have to be all together wrong. Which brings me to another belief of mine. I believe something happened to her prior to the time frame the Mccanns claim.

Their looks, body languages, all their interviews, not hardly any tears, just stress out looking, not enough pleading for her return, makes me think they did do it.

I'm on the fence.. I am falling to the guilty side though. I have tried very hard to keep an open mind from the very start and when I first came on the Madeleine thread (being the very FIRST thread here) I was totally pro McCann so you can imagine how hard it was for me to stay here and listen to the those against the McCann's. But as things begin to come to light I begin to agree with many posters. I do think they are crappy parents and I do think they are responsible for Madeleline's disapearance (and I can't stand Gerry), but I am still on the fence if they actually killed her. I have MANY reasons why I am not convinced yet. I am one to wait until all the evidence is in before I lay a verdict.

I'm on the fence.. I am falling to the guilty side though. I have tried very hard to keep an open mind from the very start and when I first came on the Madeleine thread (being the very FIRST thread here) I was totally pro McCann so you can imagine how hard it was for me to stay here and listen to the those against the McCann's. But as things begin to come to light I begin to agree with many posters. I do think they are crappy parents and I do think they are responsible for Madeleline's disapearance (and I can't stand Gerry), but I am still on the fence if they actually killed her. I have MANY reasons why I am not convinced yet. I am one to wait until all the evidence is in before I lay a verdict.

I am with you 100%

Question: wasn't there supposed to be a detective working on the Maddie case who 'cheated' (for want of a better word) a woman into being convicted in a similar case?

I believe it was the chief and the woman was beaten.

I have read some where from posters who live there said that the woman was lying.That blood from her missing 8 yearold daughter was found in the fridge I believe.Supposedly mom killed her because the little girl caught mom and boyfriend.

Now this part I am not sure about but I think moms boyfriend might have been a relative:eek: :confused:

Yes, don't know if he's on this case, I don't know any of the details, but a case is in question concerning similiar parental wrong doing. Maybe someone here can answer for ya.

I have read some where from posters who live there said that the woman was lying.That blood from her missing 8 yearold daughter was found in the fridge I believe.Supposedly mom killed her because the little girl caught mom and boyfriend.

Now this part I am not sure about but I think moms boyfriend might have been a relative:eek: :confused:

:eek: :eek: :eek: what what what?? Holy moly.....I thought I heard from the girl's father who supported the mother? I'll have to go searching.

Don't suppose google will find anything for 'dude that worked on another botched case in Portugal'..but I'll try :)

:eek: :eek: :eek: what what what?? Holy moly.....I thought I heard from the girl's father who supported the mother? I'll have to go searching.

Don't suppose google will find anything for 'dude that worked on another botched case in Portugal'..but I'll try :)

Search for Joana Cipriano.....

In the beginning I thought the parents were negligent in leaving their kids alone, but I never suspected that they were guilty - though I don't think they are necessarily "likeable" people. I just didn't get that guilty vibe like I have with other cases. Now, in light of recent developments, I am firmly on the fence.

However, I have always believed that Madeleine was either killed that night or shortly thereafter. I just wasn't sure by whom. :(

Like many here, I'm anxiously awaiting a full list of the evidence.

I'm just throwing this out because I don't know if it's true.

Diario de Noticias is a Portuguese newspaper, and one of the biggest hurdles we here at WS have had over the past 4 months is trying to figure out what kind of media we're dealing with. So I don't know if the DN is a respected paper or a rag like the National Enquirer.

That said, I want to point out the according to the 9/08 issue of the DN, Gerry McCann has admitted to sedating Madeleine.

http://dn.sapo.pt/2007/09/08/sociedade/casal_cann_e_suspeito_morte_madelein.html

It's in Portuguese, but a translation of the 2nd paragraph says:

Kate is suspected of ‘homicide by negligence and hiding the body” ( the latter constitutes a sentence of upto two years in prison). A circumstance confirmed in principle by the spokesperson Justine McGuinness who said “ the portuguese police suspect Kate of having accidently killed her child”. However, sources connected to the inquiry have revealed that Gerry has admitted to the investigators he had administed a sedative to the children on the night of May 3rd. And one of the investigation lines followed at this moment is precisely, as the DN has gathered, the hypotheis that the child was sedated with an overdose of medication.

I'm not ready to hold the parents responsible yet. I just don't see them killing their daughter and hiding her body that night. From what I've read, there wasn't enough time. That being said, I do find some of the McCann 's actions suspecious. So few tears during interviews make me a little nervous and the visit with the Pope is huge red flag for me. Many devout, dedicated, loving Catholics have had family members go missing and zero to nil get a visit with the Pope.

Still, I need hard evidence for this one.

Until I hear more information about what evidence there really is, I'll leave mind open but I have always been very suspicious of the McCann's.

I dont think they are guilty of anything more than bad judgement and that the Portuguese police are desperate to conclude.

As most know I have always been willing to consider the parents as suspects as long as the case was looked at on its merits and was not just more anger posts about their having left the children behind unsupervised.

I also wanted and expected that many people that were around the missing little girl should also be looked at carefully and that as long as there was only one official suspect, due consideration also be given in that direction. It is what is proper to do.

I posted that the parents should not be accused by us here without some evidence and without being considered suspects by L.E. but now they ARE officially considered suspects by L.E. so speculation concerning them as perps is more proper in sleuthing the case.

I am still on the fence but I am quickly leaning towards the parents being guilty of some sort of crime. I now see how it could have happened and if I can see a single possibility I bet others can name 10 more ways I have not thought of.

Before I go on to post my thoughts on how it might have been done I note that L.E. can lie to suspects to induce a confession, claiming they have evidence which they may not in fact have. L.E. told the mccanns they have DNA evidence from the rental car etc but we have then heard it from the mcanns and not yet from L.E. (so far as I last read in news reports.) L.E. can't say anything to the public about the case according to their laws, so we have not heard the DNA stuff directly from them as far as I know. (I was gone from home most of the day today.)

Maybe, probably the DNA evidence is as we have been told from the mccanns but maybe not. We may have to await L.E. telling us these things to know for sure.

As to how it could have happened IF the parents were involved as it now appears:

If sedatives were involved it may not have been an overdose perse. It might have been too much to safely walk though and Madeleine might have fallen and broken her neck or may have smothered in bed without being able to function properly to stay safe. If the parents found her dead would they have put her body in the fridge and then hollered "they've taken her!" so that people all do a quick cursory room search and then search outside looking for Madeleine to be wandering lost or to be a captive but always looking anywhere but in the fridge of the apartment?
If so then the reason for the blood in the second apartment would need to be explained and I might have a way. How to move a body of a 3 year old and not have it look like a body. Maybe in a suitcase or maybe as cut up freezer packages or maybe as a body in a wheelie portable ice chest.
But blood specs in the second apartment and in the car would seem to come from a thawing body or body parts which were moved to the car and then maybe to a beach somewhere to be disposed of.

There is no nonrefrigeration way to account for a body being kept unspoiled for 25 days and then transported by car. It is too much a coincidence to think kidnappers got Madeleine and killed her and used that car to dump the body and then the parents rented it.

But remember- we do not KNOW that the alleged DNA evidence actually shows what it has been alleged to show.

I am still a fence sitter with an open mind but I easily see that evidence seems to point right at the parents as having done some sort of crime.
There is no way to not see that.

I'm on the fence, but leaning slightly more towards they did it.

I am sickened by the thought (IF it is true) that they gave the children sedatives while they went out.

In any event, IF the children were given a sedative, it is possible that something happened because of that - an overdose, an allergic reaction - whatever, and when they got home she was already DEAD. The cover up begins - wouldn't look good for "drugs" to show up in a 3-year-old's system and the parents would probably no longer be able to afford long extended vacations to foreign countries. Obviously, any parent who would give their child a sedative while they went out, puts their own selfish pleasures above those of the welfare of their children's.

My other thought is -- their lack of emotion. Even IF this was truly an accident, you would think they would still be emotionally distraught over the incident (probably more for themselves though - "how could this happen to us"?). I always equate the lack of emotions (tears, etc) to intentional killings, not accidental ones.

I wonder if any questioning has been done of the other children - probably not.

I'm just throwing this out because I don't know if it's true.

Diario de Noticias is a Portuguese newspaper, and one of the biggest hurdles we here at WS have had over the past 4 months is trying to figure out what kind of media we're dealing with. So I don't know if the DN is a respected paper or a rag like the National Enquirer.
I have wondered this about much of the media reports. I just watched a clip on the Today Show. The reporter/analyst just kept staying that the Tabloids were convicting these people.

The only thing I got out of the report was that there was transfer of Maddie's DNA to something in the trunk of that car. Was it blood ? The "family spokesperson" is the one stating the car was not rented until 25 days later. So, perhaps it was prior to this.

I suppose I feel like the devil's advocate here, but I am just not ready to believe that if they did something to her they could pull of this cover-up and have an audience with the Pope. I don't get a good feeling from the parent's, but that's not enough to convict them, in my opinion. Philamena, I am with you on this one. However, I will keep on open mind ... I just need more factual information and less circumstantial theories.

I dont think they are guilty of anything more than bad judgement and that the Portuguese police are desperate to conclude.
This is how I feel too. Even though it doesn't sound too good for the McCanns right now.
I will not judge them on rumor.
We need to hear what evidence the PLE actually have.

The police have been playing a double game for some time now. Saying one thing in their official statements, while deliberately leaking other damaging "rumors" about the McCanns to the press...against their own laws.
I don't have a problem with this tactic if it works...and so long as the McCanns are actually guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie