NY NY - Brooklyn, E 23rd St & Ave P, WhtFem 40-50, UF5639, Prominent Facial Hair, poss intersex, Nov'05

madamx

Reaction score
If she has already a thread please delete.. I could not find one here so decided to make one.. there is a Postmortem on the links. This woman has what looks like to be a beard and mustache and facial hair around her face or freckles I cannot really tell. Anyway she has had a lot of activity I noticed because she has quite a few rule outs..

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/5639

https://lostandfound.revealnews.org...0&end_date=12/31/2017&unidentifiedperson=5639

Date found
Nov. 6, 2005
Sex
Female
Race
White
Ethnicity
Unsure
Circumstances
Unknown undomiciled female found kneeling at park bench on northeast corner of east 23rd St and Avenue P.

Location Found

East 23rd Street and Avenue P

City
Brooklyn
County
Kings
State
New York

Body condition
Recognizable face

Post-mortem interval
Not specified

Estimated age
Adult - Pre 50
Weight
147 lbs
Height
65 inches

Hair color
Brown
Head hair
light brown, wavy (8-10")
Body hair

Facial hair
prominent facial hair

Left eye color Brown
Right eye color Brown

Clothing on body
green jacket, brown blouse, blue jeans

Footwear
brown sneakers

RULE OUT LIST

Name
Bettina Scott
ID
Year of birth
Connecticut

Name
Parley Pate
ID
Year of birth
North Corolina

Name
Emily Herr
ID
Year of birth
Florida

Name
Tina D'Ambrosio
ID
Year of birth
Arizona

Name
Darla Crist
ID
Year of birth
Arizona

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3724dfmn.html

Name: JoJo Boswell
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: July 11, 2005
Location Last Seen: Owatonna, Steele County, Minnesota
Physical Description
Date of Birth: September 1, 1985
Race: Native American
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 135-140 lbs
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Nickname/Alias: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Mole on left side of face, 8-inch long scar on right arm with possible staple marks, scar on right cheek, light freckles across face.
Identifiers
Dentals: Not Available
Fingerprints: Available
DNA: Available
Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Black skirt
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown
Circumstances of Disappearance
Boswell was released from Steele County Jail on July 11, 2005 between 2:30-3:00 p.m. She was last seen walking on the frontage road in front of Mills Fleet Farm off of Interstate 35 in Owatonna, Minnesota. None of her family or friends have seen or heard from her since.
3724DFMN[1].jpg

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3530dfme.html

Name: Marilyn J. Lehan
Missing Since: July 01, 2002
Location Last Seen: Eastport, Washington County, Maine
Physical Description
Date of Birth: circa 1950
Race: White
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 160 lbs.
Hair Color: Blond/Strawberry
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown
Identifiers
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Not Available
Clothing: Unknown
Marilyn was last seen by family in July 2002 when they visited with her at her residence in Eastport, Maine. Marilyn's husband moved away and indicated that she told him she was going to a Catholic retreat in the Montana area. Marilyn has not been heard from since.
3530DFME[1].jpg

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3633dfct.html

Name: Rebekah Kay Westphal
Missing Since: September 4, 2001
Location Last Seen: Hartford, Hartford County, Connecticut
Physical Description
Date of Birth: July 8, 1965
Race: White
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 135 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Nickname/Alias: Becky, Rebekah Kay Hill
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown
Identifiers
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Available
Clothing: Unknown
Rebekah was last seen in Hartford, Connecticut on September 4, 2001. Her money and ID were left in her apartment

3633DFCT[1].jpg

Hmm, none of those women look much like her photo to me. Wonder what the spots are on her face on the photo. Freckles? Dirt?

She also looks like she could possibly be Latina or mixed race in the photo...

Hmm, none of those women look much like her photo to me. Wonder what the spots are on her face on the photo. Freckles? Dirt?

She also looks like she could possibly be Latina or mixed race in the photo...
Yes I can't figure if it's dirt or freckles it's not mentioned anywhere.

I came across this girl missing a while ago

The Doe Network: Case File 150DFOR

KJohnson.jpg
KJohnson1.jpg

Left: Johnson, circa 1982; Right: Age-progressed to age 45 (circa 2010)

Kerry Lynelle Johnson
Missing since September 14, 1982 from Salem, Marion County, Oregon.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

• Date Of Birth: November 27, 1964
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 17 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'8; 160 pounds
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; blue eyes. Kerry has feet that are turned slightly inward. This created complications when she would run
    • Scars: A faint scar near eye from stitches (it is unknown which eye),
    • Dentals: Not available
    • DNA: Available
Kerry left from her home in Salem, Oregon and traveled to Reno, Nevada to visit a relative. On September 15, 1982, she left Reno to travel to San Jose, California to visit a friend. It is unknown if Kerry ever arrived in California. She has not been heard from since.
She was possibly carrying a blue suitcase or bag.

Oh geeze it too late to delete. I just realized she has blue eyes. Ugh

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
*WARNING - Postmortem photo at link*
Exclusions
MP5619 Darla Crist 10/20/1996 Maricopa AZ
MP23641 Diane Cusack 07/09/2003 Hartford CT
MP490 Tina D'Ambrosio 06/11/1996 Maricopa AZ
MP3091 Emily Herr 06/11/2004 Osceola FL
MP7584 Parley Pate 02/09/1993 Wake NC
MP393 Bettina Scott 12/25/2004 Hartford CT

This case reminds me of another woman found deceased in CA with extensive hair growth. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) This cases are not related, but I took a look at this particular phenomenon. I bring the text over to here.

This poor woman. She must have had a difficult life. She could have developed the extensive hair later in life and it's possible family doesn't know her like that.

Here are all the ins- and out on this particular phenomenon (I know.... it's Wiki)
Hypertrichosis - Wikipedia

"The two distinct types of hypertrichosis are generalized hypertrichosis, which occurs over the entire body, and localized hypertrichosis, which is restricted to a certain area. Hypertrichosis can be either congenital (present at birth) or acquired later in life. "

Hypertrichosis is often mistakenly classified as hirsutism. Hirsutism is a type of hypertrichosis exclusive to women and children, resulting from an excess of androgen-sensitive hair growth.Patients with hirsutism exhibit patterns of adult male hair growth. Chest and back hair are often present on women with hirsutism.

Hirsutism is both congenital and acquired. It is linked to excessive male hormones in women, thus symptoms may include acne, deepening of the voice, irregular menstrual periods, and the formation of a more masculine body shape. Increases in androgen (male hormone) levels are the primary cause of most hirsutism cases. If caused by increased levels of androgens, it can be treated with medications that reduce androgen levels.

*WARNING - Postmortem photo at link*
Exclusions
MP5619 Darla Crist 10/20/1996 Maricopa AZ
MP23641 Diane Cusack 07/09/2003 Hartford CT
MP490 Tina D'Ambrosio 06/11/1996 Maricopa AZ
MP3091 Emily Herr 06/11/2004 Osceola FL
MP7584 Parley Pate 02/09/1993 Wake NC
MP393 Bettina Scott 12/25/2004 Hartford CT

Interesting rule outs, if you ask me. For the record. Partial remains of Diana Cusack were found according to this article in New Britain. Missing Seymour mother among remains found in New Britain
The wooded area where the bodies were found is about 12 miles southwest of Hartford. The partial remains of Diane Cusack, Joyvaline Martinez and Mary Jane Menard were discovered by a hunter eight years ago in woods behind the strip mall.

I think the brown dots covering this doe’s face are definitely freckles. I don’t think they would publish a picture in which the person is covered in dirt or filth, much as they wouldn’t publish a picture in which a victim’s face is covered in blood.
Secondly, I know they list her/his/their hair as brown but it looks slightly reddish to me which might explain the freckled skin.

Another thing I wanted to point out is that while a condition like polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) could definitely cause hirsutism, it’s a condition they would have been able to diagnose by doing the autopsy.

This case reminds me of another woman found deceased in CA with extensive hair growth. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) This cases are not related, but I took a look at this particular phenomenon. I bring the text over to here.

This poor woman. She must have had a difficult life. She could have developed the extensive hair later in life and it's possible family doesn't know her like that.

Here are all the ins- and out on this particular phenomenon (I know.... it's Wiki)
Hypertrichosis - Wikipedia

"The two distinct types of hypertrichosis are generalized hypertrichosis, which occurs over the entire body, and localized hypertrichosis, which is restricted to a certain area. Hypertrichosis can be either congenital (present at birth) or acquired later in life. "

Hypertrichosis is often mistakenly classified as hirsutism. Hirsutism is a type of hypertrichosis exclusive to women and children, resulting from an excess of androgen-sensitive hair growth.Patients with hirsutism exhibit patterns of adult male hair growth. Chest and back hair are often present on women with hirsutism.

Hirsutism is both congenital and acquired. It is linked to excessive male hormones in women, thus symptoms may include acne, deepening of the voice, irregular menstrual periods, and the formation of a more masculine body shape. Increases in androgen (male hormone) levels are the primary cause of most hirsutism cases. If caused by increased levels of androgens, it can be treated with medications that reduce androgen levels.

Oh wow I never heard of this other Jane doe!! Thank you also for the explanation. I never heard of that either.

I think the brown dots covering this doe’s face are definitely freckles. I don’t think they would publish a picture in which the person is covered in dirt or filth, much as they wouldn’t publish a picture in which a victim’s face is covered in blood.
Secondly, I know they list her/his/their hair as brown but it looks slightly reddish to me which might explain the freckled skin.

Another thing I wanted to point out is that while a condition like polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) could definitely cause hirsutism, it’s a condition they would have been able to diagnose by doing the autopsy.

Yes the more I looked at the woman the more it looked like freckles and yes her hair has always looked copper reddish orange to me.

Speaking of red hair and freckles I found this guy a while ago and I forgot all about him. But I wanted to post him. I had talked about it with another friend and we thought both thought the guy looks very similar to this lady. And they only found a couple of months apart. Anyway just thought I would post.

WARNING LINK HAS POSTMORTEM!

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP2752Male, White / Caucasian
Date Body FoundJune 9, 2005
Location FoundNew York, New York

With the existence of the facial hair it's very possible that this individual was a trans man or maybe non-binary and taking testosterone causing the facial hair growth, I'm not sure how that would appear on an autopsy, especially if they hadn't been taking the T recently.

With the existence of the facial hair it's very possible that this individual was a trans man or maybe non-binary and taking testosterone causing the facial hair growth, I'm not sure how that would appear on an autopsy, especially if they hadn't been taking the T recently.

You have a point. I guess if it was no longer in their system like any other medication iam assuming normal autopsy and toxicology report would be really hard to detect.

The NAMUS page indicates this person may have been born indeterminate gender:

Individual likely assigned female at birth, but gender identity is unclear.

The deceased was likely born in the 1960's, possibly the 1950's. Wonder if the medical examiner's office tried asking medical facilities? Or even the Vital Records/registrars of births of the states?

I would think this would be a relatively small percentage of births? Even my degree in Human Development isn't much help here. The gestational default is female -- if specific hormones are not present at critical times in gestation (IIRC at three specific points,) the fetus reverts to female development from male, even with the Xy genotype.

(not finding a link for you today, sorry.)

jmho ymmv lrr

The NAMUS page indicates this person may have been born indeterminate gender:

Individual likely assigned female at birth, but gender identity is unclear.

The deceased was likely born in the 1960's, possibly the 1950's. Wonder if the medical examiner's office tried asking medical facilities? Or even the Vital Records/registrars of births of the states?

I would think this would be a relatively small percentage of births? Even my degree in Human Development isn't much help here. The gestational default is female -- if specific hormones are not present at critical times in gestation (IIRC at three specific points,) the fetus reverts to female development from male, even with the Xy genotype.

(not finding a link for you today, sorry.)

jmho ymmv lrr

interesting when I made the thread that information was not on there. Thank you for posting it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back