Found Deceased Australia - Melissa Caddick, 49, Sydney, NSW, 12 Nov 2020 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ 3:26
I’m not sure when this drone footage was taken but it appears the Audi is in the garage.
Melissa Caddick's husband 'still believes' she's innocent

View attachment 287430

A couple of weeks ago, the SMH said that they believe that the Audi has already been repossessed. Maybe because the journos that are camped out in front of the house saw it being taken away, or haven't seen it in a long time?

It is understood Ms Caddick’s husband Anthony Koletti has already had his $300,000 Audi repossessed.
https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...usband-left-high-and-dry-20210222-p574ny.html

Top cop’s ‘fanciful’ theory about Melissa Caddick disappearance

"Remains found at Mollymook were later revealed to belong to a missing Sydney man who was last seen at Kiama, while other grim discoveries were linked to animals or likely belong to a missing spearfisherman."

I guess this may mean that the only remains that have been identified as Melissa is the shoe? I have been having difficulty aligning the results with all of the specific finds - have tried to do it a couple of times, but I always come up short.

I guess this may mean that the only remains that have been identified as Melissa is the shoe? I have been having difficulty aligning the results with all of the specific finds - have tried to do it a couple of times, but I always come up short.

its sounding like those last remains were the spearfisherman who went missing

which makes this a crazy set of circumstances but this is exactly why you can't jump to conclusions in true crime

so we've had, Melissa's Shoe and foot, some animal bones, the man who jumped in to kiama blow hole ( what a sad death, feel for this mans family) and the spearfisherman

Last edited:
its sounding like those last remains were the spearfisherman who went missing

which makes this a crazy set of circumstances but this is exactly why you can't jump to conclusions in true crime

so we've had, Melissa's Shoe and foot, some animal bones, the man who jumped in to kiama blow hole ( what a sad death, feel for this mans family) and the spearfisherman

For some reason, I have been looking for five results as I had the impression there were five finds.
I am always coming up short by one result. Confusing. o_O

FINDINGS TIMELINE:
February 21
– Asics runner with decomposed foot found on Bournda Beach, later confirmed to belong to Ms Caddick.
February 26 – Remains of what appears to be a human torso, including a belly button, wash up on Mollymook Beach. They’re undergoing DNA testing to confirm the identity. There’s a chance they could belong to a snorkeller who went missing in late January.
February 27 – Two bones found on Tura Beach, just a few kilometres north of where Ms Caddick’s shoe was found. Forensic testing concludes they are animal bones.
February 27 – More remains found north of Cunjurong Point. Testing under way to work out if they belong to a human or animal.
February 28 – More remains found at Warrain Beach, near Culburra on the south coast. Testing to determine if they are human or animal.
More remains found as Melissa Caddick case baffles cops

February 27 – More remains found north of Cunjurong Point. Testing under way to work out if they belong to a human or animal.
February 28 – More remains found at Warrain Beach, near Culburra on the south coast. Testing to determine if they are human or animal.

Hmm you'd think we'd know by now about the last two.. the others took 4 days each but those two have been over a week

Warrain Beach, near Culburra on the south coast.

if you look at this place on map, its a huge outcrop land feature like a hook, this would catch almost anything that drifted south

Alright. So Melissa committed fraud about 20 years ago.

This is the kind of information I have been waiting to hear. Her ex-friends called her evil and narcissistic so there must be stories going way back.

When the financial advisor and investor met in the dentist’s office, the advisor said—upon hearing about the spectacular returns the investor was getting with her own advisor:”Please tell me it’s not Melissa Caddick.”
I keep wondering why she said that. Was there scuttlebutt going around the town since the Sydney funds manager caught her out?

Wow - I just found this thread... I was wondering what was going on...
I feel that suicide is becoming less likely given she had a large portion of funds squirrelled away.
She could have negotiated out of court settlements with the investors... if she was helpful she could have also negotiated a plea deal.
I was surprised that the trust account with the $4,002,000 was not mentioned on 60 mins - I wonder if they will claw that back.

This is the kind of information I have been waiting to hear. Her ex-friends called her evil and narcissistic so there must be stories going way back.

When the financial advisor and investor met in the dentist’s office, the advisor said—upon hearing about the spectacular returns the investor was getting with her own advisor:”Please tell me it’s not Melissa Caddick.”
I keep wondering why she said that. Was there scuttlebutt going around the town since the Sydney funds manager caught her out?

I have the impression that her (recent) ex-friends are calling her that due to their current predicament.

I also have the impression that Melissa wasn't like this during her school years.

I can't imagine what happened to change her, after high school. Perhaps some mental disturbance - as I understand that those can arise during the late teens/early twenties. Or perhaps some traumatic event that we will never know about.

I am glad her school mates spoke up. Even saying that she didn't act grandiose as recently as 2018.

Wow - I just found this thread... I was wondering what was going on...
I feel that suicide is becoming less likely given she had a large portion of funds squirrelled away.
She could have negotiated out of court settlements with the investors... if she was helpful she could have also negotiated a plea deal.
I was surprised that the trust account with the $4,002,000 was not mentioned on 60 mins - I wonder if they will claw that back.

Bruce Gleeson did say that they had a long way to go, as far as retrieving the money. I would imagine that includes the trust account(s?), the share portfolio, Melissa's will disbursements.
But at least everything is frozen or caveated until Bruce can prove the links to the court and get the money released to the correct people.

As you say, if Melissa was alive she could have negotiated - as it sounds that the investors will not lose very much (I said last night that the losses could be taken as if they themselves had made poor share market investments, if they wanted to put things at rest in their own minds, which is what I would do to get mentally past this).

Not to mention the people who have stated that Melissa was not the suicidal type - both people who knew Melissa as well as trained experts.

I keep wondering why she said that.
Was there scuttlebutt going around the town since the Sydney funds manager caught her out?

IMO Nobody except the Fund Manager would have known about the fact that MC forged signatures on those cheques. Looks as if she did not even have to pay back the $100,000 either. He did not wish to taint his company and MC was not going to ever tell anyone.

I have the impression that her (recent) ex-friends are calling her that due to their current predicament.

I also have the impression that Melissa wasn't like this during her school years.

I can't imagine what happened to change her, after high school. Perhaps some mental disturbance - as I understand that those can arise during the late teens/early twenties. Or perhaps some traumatic event that we will never know about.

I am glad her school mates spoke up. Even saying that she didn't act grandiose as recently as 2018.
MC does still have some friends that weren’t caught up in her scam (mainly school friends) & she still does have some support from people she knows.

In reference to her school friends saying she wasn’t grandiose I think perhaps part of that aspect of her could still ring true. I’ve also read accounts from aquaintances of hers that suggest she is polite and quiet. I guess at the very least she has manners & can be respectful on a surface level.

Possibly but more to the point MC was using this financial advisors AFSL without permission and she had become aware that this was occurring (how long she knew before the dentist incident I’m unsure).

From working for decades in a doctor's surgery, I have a theory about schizophrenia. A majority (not all) share certain facial characteristics that develop as they mature. Her extremely out of proportion forehead is one of them. The doctor I worked for drew my attention to this.

From working for decades in a doctor's surgery, I have a theory about schizophrenia. A majority (not all) share certain facial characteristics that develop as they mature. Her extremely out of proportion forehead is one of them. The doctor I worked for drew my attention to this.

I am also reading that NPD usually develops either in adolescence or in early adulthood. So perhaps, after high school would fit. Also would appear to fit the behaviour that Melissa seemed to be displaying.

"The causes of narcissistic personality disorder are unknown, but theorized to be linked to certain types of traumas."
Narcissistic personality disorder

Whatever it was, there was something wrong there. Something that did not seem to be present during Melissa's childhood and high school years.

Typical facial features of a patient (No. 044) with VCFS and schizophrenia: long face, prominent nose with bulbous tip, and narrow orbital fissures. In addition to the above-mentioned manifestations, patients also tend to have a high rate of psychiatric morbidity.

Clinical characteristics of schizophrenia associated with velo-cardio-facial syndrome - ScienceDirect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong