UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes that's possible. But I'd be much more suspicious of an unmarked car and driver calling me over to speak to me before I saw a badge. But for the sake of the perp I can see that would be much easier to be in an unmarked vehicle since I presume most police cars are fitted with tracking devices.

<snipped for focus>

Just to add that unmarked cars often have blue lights that could have been deployed to convey legitimacy.

I wonder if he’s been on shift since SE went missing? Has he called in sick? If he works in this area, has he helped with the search?
As the police were appealing for people to come forward with dashcam footage, you would have expected them to check if any of their cars were in the area at the time. At that point, they might have suspected foul play from the PO and were just waiting for him to surface - he could have been laying low while Police were searching ponds on Clapham Common and thinking he might just get away with it.

IMO- a very bad prank gone very very wrong
Or cop possibly helped a friend conceal a crime

If the officer was simply helping a friend conceal a crime, don’t you think that the friend would have been arrested first and more prominently? I think it is fairly obvious that the officer is the perpetrator of the crime.

I was wondering about this, but speculation is making me feel sick. I can't imagine what the scenario is now, the stuff of movies and TV, but is there a chance she is still ok I wonder?

I can't even imagine how awful it must be for SE's going through all of this. I really hope that this is 'just' an abduction (I can't believe I'm writing that), and that the officer will 'fess up and disclose SE's location and that she'll be found alive and well (or, as well as possible, considering the ordeal).

If he is the perp I wonder what his plan was to avoid detection. If he used his car to pick her up we know that would likely be spotted. Maybe the abduction was through other means.

Maybe he thought he could manipulate the CCTV footage or something? Seems far-fetched but I suppose possible.

Maybe he picked her up for a legit reason and things went south while she was with him, so it wasn't pre-planned at all?

I still can’t see how it would be a police officer on duty picking her up? For what reason? There must be a motive? Unless he has committed other offences and got away with it!
The only thing that makes sense to me is that they already knew each other (he potentially lived at the flats), they agreed to meet up and things went wrong

Serving Met officer arrested over Sarah Everard's disappearance

"The officer was detained at an address in Kent on Tuesday and a woman was also arrested at the same location on suspicion of assisting an offender. They have each been taken into custody at a London police station.

Everard’s family is being kept updated with developments, the force said, adding that the directorate of professional standards – the body responsible for investigating complaints against the professional conduct of officers – was aware of the case."

As a former police officer there is huge sense of betrayal that any officer could be mixed up in this.

Our core role is to protect life, property, prevent crime and to keep the Queen's peace. 99.9% do just that and often risk their own life to do so.

Yes, and although there was a bit of a wobble when we read the news of the arrest after days of reading through these threads, I think it also reminds us of the many, many officers we have seen over our lifetime who do the most professional jobs with the utmost care.

I still can’t see how it would be a police officer on duty picking her up? For what reason? There must be a motive? Unless he has committed other offences and got away with it!
The only thing that makes sense to me is that they already knew each other (he potentially lived at the flats), they agreed to meet up and things went wrong

We don't know at this stage if he was on duty or not.

"You are breaking lockdown rules, get in the car" - wouldn't be the first time words to that effect have been used in the last few months by police.

Exactly my thoughts he could be a friend an ex or even a serial offender.
I doubt or at least would be very surprised if he was on duty when whatever he has done or been involved in has happened.

when I posted serial offender I mean he could of done this a few times in the area and it’s finally caught up with him
Nothing would surprise me but if I was betting I would side with him being an Ex boyfriend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happyhen