Identified! WI - Delafield, WhtMale, UP7632, car stolen, lighter, Sep'77 - John Lindberg Scott

Not sure, I was thinking it might help when organising the matches into a tree, as on gedmatch you can see their charts too. So if one match is missing one bit of your chart and another match has lots of same bit, one would be from the father's side and the other from the mother's.
Or it could be after staring at enough of these charts you can see just by looking where they were born and grew up and can focus on matches in the same area.
Either way, must be an important tool since they are using it!
Delafield has more North Atlantic (Western Europe) than the average caucasian from the US.

Maybe one or both of his parents immigrated from western europe

I'm torn on submitting Richard Wayne Morrison as a match, on one hand, the reconstruction looks remarkably like him, and time and physical details fit, but on the other hand the circumstances don't fit at all.
I had to double check because he does look remarkably similar to the reconstruction, but Richard has been excluded per NamUs.

Berwyn RS was graduating class of 1976. It's a common name so likely a different RS in Carol Stream.

Berwyn RS would have began his 1st year of HS in the fall of 72 and finished in the spring of 76.

I have spoken to a member of an S family, who may or may not be a relative of our Morton West S family. I showed her a picture of our RS and she is going to ask family members about our RS. I'll hopefully hear within a week.

I have spoken to a member of an S family, who may or may not be a relative of our Morton West S family. I showed her a picture of our RS and she is going to ask family members about our RS. I'll hopefully hear within a week.
Wow, great news, how did you manage to do that? Normally, people are reluctant to share any details and are treating someone with a bunch of questions very suspiciously.

Sorry if this has been brought up before, I last read through this thread a few months ago & don't remember it, and searches didn't turn up anything. So I think this is new.

I found a wedding announcement for a "John" who married a "Lauri" in 1969. Both lived in Illinois and "John's" hometown has come up in this thread a few times. There are also two high school yearbook photos for him that are a few years early for JDoe's age estimate, but they look exactly like the post-mortem photos. I feel I should add here(though it doesn't necessarily mean anything) that it often takes me a minute to see the resemblance between identified does and their PM photos, but this was instant recognition.

The problem is, while he doesn't seem to be listed as missing anywhere, I can't find anything to confirm if he's alive or dead. Aside from the marriage announcement and the two yearbook photos, he just doesn't exist. Neither does this "Lauri", whether I use her married or maiden name. At this point it's equally likely that he's alive and well, died before/after JDoe, or is missing but was never reported. If he was reported missing and just isn't posted publicly yet, I have no clue how that gets handled. I doubt law enforcement would confirm/deny a report exists to some random person who doesn't know him.

So my question is, since this case is being handled by the DDP, would it be appropriate to contact a volunteer and give them the information? Even if this "John" isn't the right guy, he could be a relative of JDoe, so having a last name to look out for as a possibility could be helpful. But it could easily be a waste of time too.

Sorry if this has been brought up before, I last read through this thread a few months ago & don't remember it, and searches didn't turn up anything. So I think this is new.

I found a wedding announcement for a "John" who married a "Lauri" in 1969. Both lived in Illinois and "John's" hometown has come up in this thread a few times. There are also two high school yearbook photos for him that are a few years early for JDoe's age estimate, but they look exactly like the post-mortem photos. I feel I should add here(though it doesn't necessarily mean anything) that it often takes me a minute to see the resemblance between identified does and their PM photos, but this was instant recognition.

The problem is, while he doesn't seem to be listed as missing anywhere, I can't find anything to confirm if he's alive or dead. Aside from the marriage announcement and the two yearbook photos, he just doesn't exist. Neither does this "Lauri", whether I use her married or maiden name. At this point it's equally likely that he's alive and well, died before/after JDoe, or is missing but was never reported. If he was reported missing and just isn't posted publicly yet, I have no clue how that gets handled. I doubt law enforcement would confirm/deny a report exists to some random person who doesn't know him.

So my question is, since this case is being handled by the DDP, would it be appropriate to contact a volunteer and give them the information? Even if this "John" isn't the right guy, he could be a relative of JDoe, so having a last name to look out for as a possibility could be helpful. But it could easily be a waste of time too.
Are his initials JJK? If so, and we’re looking at the same yearbook photos, I don’t think it’s the same person based solely on the ears. JJK’s are very much attached at the lobes, in a unique way, and the UID’s are quite the opposite. However, I do see the resemblance and I’m looking through very untrained eyes.

I think, either way, if you feel strongly about it, you should contact one of the agencies and give them the information. I don’t see how it would hurt.

Are his initials JJK? If so, and we’re looking at the same yearbook photos, I don’t think it’s the same person based solely on the ears. JJK’s are very much attached at the lobes, in a unique way, and the UID’s are quite the opposite. However, I do see the resemblance and I’m looking through very untrained eyes.

I think, either way, if you feel strongly about it, you should contact one of the agencies and give them the information. I don’t see how it would hurt.

Yup, those are the initials! I can't comment on the lobes since I can never tell the difference in pictures, but if that's the case he could still be a relative. I'll definitely reach out.

Yup, those are the initials! I can't comment on the lobes since I can never tell the difference in pictures, but if that's the case he could still be a relative. I'll definitely reach out.

If I were you I would reach out to both the agencies involved and also DDP, especially since the resemblance is apparently so convincing. You could save DDP a lot of work lol!

I think you’ve done an excellent job in finding a possible match! I would definitely submit him!! Thanks for giving your time to this Doe!

Hi friends. I came back to this case to see if anything has come to light since the last time I checked in and it got me into digging again. I was wondering if someone could PM me the name of the most recently discussed possible match? I'm on free trials at the moment for classmates, beenverified, and newspapers.com so I could probably help double check for you if there are any signs of John or Lauri's existence post 1977. If not, you could really be on to something! I would also love to see the yearbook pic(s).

Another thing I've been meaning to ask, does anyone know why DJD looks so different in the one profile shot? In that one it looks like his nose bridge was smashed in and maybe his jaw offset and swollen. His chin in that pic has like no cleft which is weird because in the other 2 pics you can see one. Also in the 2 sepia toned pics his nose bridge looks perfectly straight and in tact. I guess I'm just trying to figure out why that is? All I can think of is that the black and white pic was taken a while after and shows postmortem swelling, that would explain the disappearance of the cleft but it still wouldn't explain the appearance of the nose being smashed up top.

Hi friends. I came back to this case to see if anything has come to light since the last time I checked in and it got me into digging again. I was wondering if someone could PM me the name of the most recently discussed possible match? I'm on free trials at the moment for classmates, beenverified, and newspapers.com so I could probably help double check for you if there are any signs of John or Lauri's existence post 1977. If not, you could really be on to something! I would also love to see the yearbook pic(s).

Another thing I've been meaning to ask, does anyone know why DJD looks so different in the one profile shot? In that one it looks like his nose bridge was smashed in and maybe his jaw offset and swollen. His chin in that pic has like no cleft which is weird because in the other 2 pics you can see one. Also in the 2 sepia toned pics his nose bridge looks perfectly straight and in tact. I guess I'm just trying to figure out why that is? All I can think of is that the black and white pic was taken a while after and shows postmortem swelling, that would explain the disappearance of the cleft but it still wouldn't explain the appearance of the nose being smashed up top.
I’ll have to refresh my memory on how I managed to find the JJK that Lireal found. If they don’t message you in the meantime.

As far as the postmortem, I wondered the same thing for awhile. I actually featured this Doe on my webpage (I think it’s fine to link here...ETA: I’m removing the link in order to verify an incorrect photo. :oops:). I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s the angle those particular PMs were taken and the person who did the profile recon used those. For whatever reason it makes his nose appear a little differently. Hope this helps!

I’ll have to refresh my memory on how I managed to find the JJK that Lireal found. If they don’t message you in the meantime.

As far as the postmortem, I wondered the same thing for awhile. I actually featured this Doe on my webpage (I think it’s fine to link here). I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s the angle those particular PMs were taken and the person who did the profile recon used those. For whatever reason it makes his nose appear a little differently. Hope this helps!
I may be mistaken but that 3rd reconstruction is the NCMEC Reconstruction of David Stack before he was identified.

I may be mistaken but that 3rd reconstruction is the NCMEC Reconstruction of David Stack before he was identified.
Oh my! All I had to do was Google his name and I believe you’re right! Thanks for pointing that out.

Since there are several PM photos and composites of DJD I thought I would clarify the two I was referring to mostly when I did my comparing.

I guess it probably does all come down to lighting and angles but its weird how the chin looks so much longer in the second photo and doesn't have the cleft (which is super obvious in the first photo), and then the nose is still bugging me that it looks broken in one but perfectly fine in the other? o_O

https://photos.app.goo.gl/SyLeMdFCm2vVnCgEA

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back