UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 #4 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
She had a social meeting with a friend during lockdown which is likely to be against the law.

What a support bubble is
A support bubble is a support network which links 2 households. You have to meet certain eligibility rules to form a support bubble. This means not everyone will be able to form a support bubble.

Once you’re in a support bubble, you can think of yourself as being in one ‘household’. It means you can have close contact with the other household in your bubble as if they were members of your own household. This means you do not need to maintain social distance with people in your support bubble.

You should continue to follow social distancing guidance with people outside of your household or support bubble. This is critical to keeping you, your family and friends as safe as possible.

If you form a support bubble, it is best if this is with a household who live locally. This will help prevent the virus spreading from an area where more people are infected.

Who can make a support bubble
Not everybody can form a support bubble. However, on 2 December the rules changed to widen eligibility for forming one.

You can form a support bubble with another household of any size if:

you live by yourself – even if carers visit you to provide support
you are the only adult in your household who does not need continuous care as a result of a disability
your household includes a child who is under the age of one or was under that age on 2 December 2020
your household includes a child with a disability who requires continuous care and is under the age of 5, or was under that age on 2 December 2020
you are aged 16 or 17 living with others of the same age and without any adults
you are a single adult living with one or more children who are under the age of 18 or were under that age on 12 June 2020
You should not form a support bubble with a household that is part of another support bubble.

There is nothing to suggest she is breaking the law. It has been established that SE lives alone and therefore, as a single person household, she is entitled to form a 'bubble' with another household. If the friend she was visiting in Clapham Junction also lives alone, then it makes sense rather than 'bubbling up' with her boyfriend, who it appears has multiple flatmates, and therefore may already have another support bubble in place.

Yes I’m veering towards an RTA again followed by panic

Do you mean on the walk home, I still sceptical of that and I was interested to read some local posters saying the traffic flow there is such that you couldn't not be seen knocking someone down and then placing a body in your car

But I guess it's possible that it could have happened somewhere else after Sarah got into the car for some reason

JMO

Same re RTA

Police usually say “a man has been arrested on suspicion of murder” or abduction or whatever the crime is and this hasn’t happened here

No mention of what he arrested for, unusual?

yes, it’s odd that we haven’t even had anything along the lines of ‘we are treating this as a murder case’ or something similar - not that that immediately implies a lesser charge, but usually by this point (fingerprint searches, tents, cars being towed) there’s been an indication of what the police believe has happened

There is no evidence of the kind of damage on either of the cars that have been removed that one would associate with a fatal RTA
The arrested man must be talking, it’s not an obvious place to search at all. I imagine the wife may not have known the details, just agreed to say he was home earlier than he was.
Unless they are operating off phone mast pings in recent days from his mobile device

Police searching farmland, paintball centre, forensics at the home address... doesn’t sound like there is full coverage-operation by the arrested party

Even if the suspect admitted and confessed, the police still need to build a case should they later decide they had nothing to do with it. Sooner you sweep for evidence the more likely it will be found.

Police searching farmland, paintball centre, forensics at the home address... doesn’t sound like there is full coverage-operation by the arrested party
This could go two ways and depends on the personality of the person arrested. 1. Truly remorseful and provides a location where Sarah can be found (my thoughts - if this was the case, Sarah would have been located by now. and 2, not remorseful and is trying to bluff it out - leaving the police to rely on forensic evidence.

It is quite possible that the female arrested is clueless as to what happened, especially if theirs is a busy household.

Do you mean on the walk home, I still sceptical of that and I was interested to read some local posters saying the traffic flow there is such that you couldn't not be seen knocking someone down and then placing a body in your car

But I guess it's possible that it could have happened somewhere else after Sarah got into the car for some reason

JMO

I doubt an RTA too. It’s 9.30pm, he’s likely to have just finished work and be heading home so very unlikely to be drunk (and all the pubs are closed). As a police officer working in London he’d be a decent and experienced driver; if someone stepped or fell into the road, it wouldn’t be his fault. He’d know that hiding a body would end much worse for him than just calling 999.

I'
I can't help wonder if there is more to this, with a personal connection to the arrested officer.

Sarah sounds like she is somewhat of a risk taker, gathering with others socially throughout lockdown. I wonder whether there are other things going on in her private life that that could be related

I'm sorry but this is utter balls. Can we stop with the huge unfounded leaps in conclusions about this poor lady's character. The lockdown rules are completely unrelated and do not in any way point to her being a risk taker, or more likely to be leading a 'shady' lifestyle. Please stop victim blaming!

I am a single female who lives alone, and I am currently studying from home so it gets lonely. During lockdown I have on occasion bent the rules a little and seen friends- for the sake of my own sanity. Does this mean I lead a risky lifestyle or am hiding any number of other questionable secrets?? Does this make me more likely to 'break the law' in other capacities, or be a victim of unspeakable crime because I am such a rebellious and secretive being?? Certainly not!!

Also, if I had a partner I certainly would not have spent the last year not seeing them in person just because they didn't live at the same address. I am an otherwise law abiding and conscientious person. I have been in relative isolation for much of the last few months (as have many, I appreciate) and me choosing to visit a couple of friends on the very, very rare occasion has not meant I have been flouting lockdown rules left, right and centre. Far, far from it, in fact.

IMO it isn't reasonable to expect humans to be physically separated from their partner for that amount of time, not to mention that with bubbles etc. it may be perfectly legal anyway. But even if that's not the case, it's none of our business and not our place to judge someone based on this. And certainly not to insinuate it has any implication whatsoever on what happened to Sarah on that night.

There is no evidence of the kind of damage on either of the cars that have been removed that one would associate with a fatal RTA

Unless they are operating off phone mast pings in recent days from his mobile device

Yes, you’re right. Could even be data from his phone maps if he needed to look up the paintball centre as he couldn’t remember the route.

Chances of this are incredibly slim, especially if, as a PO (possibly qualified advance driver?) he knows where cameras are, other routes, etc. ... but I found this on a camera on the A205 (near Dulwich Common/College Rd) as you head out of Poynders Rd area towards Ashford, Kent where the searches are now concentrating.

This is at 22:05 on the night SE disappeared. Does the car closest the camera (crossing the lights) look similar to a dark Seat Leon estate (note similar shaped rear, similar shaped headlights, suggestion of a similar SEAT badge, and front fog lights)?

https://archive.tfljamcams.net/arch...College_Rd/2021-03-03/2021-03-03@22_06GMT.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutalicy