UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow our live blog for the latest developments on the case of missing Sarah Everard

The dramatic development came as Met Commissioner Dame Cressida Dick said human remains had been found in woods — but did not confirm that they belonged to marketing executive Sarah, 33.

Dame Cressida said: “We are not able to confirm any identity. That may take some considerable time.

“The news it was a Met Police officer arrested on suspicion of Sarah’s murder has sent shockwaves and anger through the public and The Met.

"I speak on behalf of all our colleagues when I say we are utterly appalled.”
Sarah’s family were earlier said to be “absolutely distraught” over the officer’s arrest but holding out hope for her safe recovery.

Cops moved in on married dad-of-two PC Couzens after a car linked to him was allegedly spotted on a motorist’s dashcam near to where Sarah was last seen on the night of Wednesday March 3.

Police do not believe PC Couzens had ever met Sarah previously.

The marksman, whose role can involve guarding politicians and protecting events attended by senior royals, is believed to have worked a shift in South London that day.

His Ukraine-born wife Elena, 38, who works as a laboratory manager, has also been arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender.

A source said last night: “The working hypothesis is that he saw Sarah on the street for the first time and kidnapped her.

“At this stage it is thought the officer used his warrant card to entice Sarah towards his car.

“One theory is that he may have used the Covid lockdown as a pretext to engage with her and then snatched her.”

PC Couzens is attached to the Met’s Parliamentary and Diplomatic Protection (PaDP) unit normally based at the Palace of Westminster.

Detectives probing Sarah’s suspected murder searched his locker yesterday.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14302109/sarah-everard-wayne-couzens-warrant-card/

All you have to do is a quick search on the wife to see what she does for a living.

[WS is having a meltdown tonight so hopefully this gets through/doesn't get posted tonnes of times...]

She wouldn't have access to evidence already collected either if anyone's asking that. Second person arrested doesn't work in a forensic lab. Very different to what it appears she does.

Scientific knowledge and know-how to speculate she could have interfered with possible evidence before hand? Yup.

MOO but I'm more inclined to think that she was basically blindsided by WC when the heat was picking up and he confessed/unravelled. Distraught, confused, scared. Possibly did something against her better judgement out of disbelief. Her scientific background and possible distress at the time, possibly could have been enough to warrant arrest based on what she may have done.

Perhaps I just can't quite believe this case could get any worse. I don't even want to think about the possibility there may be more victims.

Wonder when police first interviewed or spoke to WC and his wife. Wonder if and how long they were under surveillance. It’s possible that the wife “just” gave a false alibi to say that WC was in Deal at the time of SE’s disappearance.

This is a bit random and unsure if I’m allowed to mention here, correct me if I’m not. Have seen some photos of WC in the back garden of what seems to be his home, in the middle of grass there is quite a large brick circle (almost resembling a well but lower?) it looks like it could even be a fire pit? (My opinion, speculation etc.)
Just highlighting because there have been many questions over the tent and the scaffolding etc at the house.

My theory is he may have held sarah in his family business garage . Either dead or still alive. He would possibly have had tools at his disposal, oil or other chemicals from the business to try and destroy her body. I really hope this was all over quickly for Sarah.

Last edited:
Follow our live blog for the latest developments on the case of missing Sarah Everard

The dramatic development came as Met Commissioner Dame Cressida Dick said human remains had been found in woods — but did not confirm that they belonged to marketing executive Sarah, 33.

Dame Cressida said: “We are not able to confirm any identity. That may take some considerable time.

“The news it was a Met Police officer arrested on suspicion of Sarah’s murder has sent shockwaves and anger through the public and The Met.

Sarah’s family were earlier said to be “absolutely distraught” over the officer’s arrest but holding out hope for her safe recovery.

Cops moved in on married dad-of-two PC Couzens after a car linked to him was allegedly spotted on a motorist’s dashcam near to where Sarah was last seen on the night of Wednesday March 3.

The marksman, whose role can involve guarding politicians and protecting events attended by senior royals, is believed to have worked a shift in South London that day.

His Ukraine-born wife Elena, 38, who works as a laboratory manager, has also been arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender.

A source said last night: “The working hypothesis is that he saw Sarah on the street for the first time and kidnapped her.

“At this stage it is thought the officer used his warrant card to entice Sarah towards his car.

“One theory is that he may have used the Covid lockdown as a pretext to engage with her and then snatched her.”

PC Couzens is attached to the Met’s Parliamentary and Diplomatic Protection (PaDP) unit normally based at the Palace of Westminster.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14302109/sarah-everard-wayne-couzens-warrant-card/

I think WS should be named as the 'source' on this Sun feature because those theories above are exactly what I and a number of others have posted over the last days!

Last month, she started a new role as a freelance digital marketing executive with a company called Flipside

Sarah Everard: An ‘incredibly kind friend’ who was hugely excited for her future

Account manager type role for a marketing company I think

Thank you. There is one person who has been posted who looked a little familiar to me. I will see how this progresses. Following and hope it is resolved as quickly as possible for Sarah's family.

Thank you for your kind words and your support, I appreciate it.

Hi.
Whilst you are here, hopefully still, could you give us a little background info on -'assisting an offender' and possible examples of this.
For instance would the accused need to have knowledge of the crime to be accused of this?
Thanks so much.

Wowwwww. Lots of new info there.

So his vehicle was caught on a motorist's dashcam, confirming what many of us suspected that his vehicle was seen nearby that night. He worked a shift in that area that day, which might be why he was around.

His wife is formally named here now.

It is suspected that he did use his position of power to lure her into his vehicle (!!!) and there was no prior relationship between the two.

Lots of confirmations here of things we've speculated about over the dozens of threads thus far.

He used a hire car??? This was premeditated... finished work at 8pm. IMO this is not a first time offence..

She had vanished in Clapham, South West London, while walking home alone from a friend’s house.

The movements of the car, believed to have been hired, were said to have been tracked by ANPR cameras from the scene.

It is understood PC Couzens worked a 2pm to 8pm relief shift at the American Embassy in Nine Elms, South London.

It is around three miles from where Sarah, who was wearing a green rain jacket and navy blue trousers with a white diamond pattern, was last seen on a doorbell camera at 9.30pm.

At the time she was walking alone on Poynders Road, part of the South Circular, after a 15-minute phone call with her boyfriend Josh Lowth.

Moments later PC Couzens is suspected of bundling Sarah into his car out of view of cameras.

Can’t quite get my head around the timelines. It will all no doubt come out in the wash.

But it seems to have massively accelerated yesterday.

From what it looks like the police were searching both Poynders Road and started late in the evening searching land in Kent.

He was arrested and removed from the property at night so suggestion is he didn’t hand himself in and first time they could interview him is was post those searches.

Which all begs the question what could they have unearthed on Tuesday 5 days after starting the investigation and scouring CCTV etc...

And secondly what led them to start searching obscure land along an 80 mile journey before interviewing him.

This suggests either a tip off or they had solid CCTV all the time and tracked where the car or his phone went after he was a POI. It doesn’t suggest he confessed and led them to it. But maybe raises the question why it took 5 days

This is a bit random and unsure if I’m allowed to mention here, correct me if I’m not. Have seen some photos of WC in the back garden of what seems to be his home, in the middle of grass there is quite a large brick circle (almost resembling a well but lower?) it looks like it could even be a fire pit? (My opinion, speculation etc.)
Just highlighting because there have been many questions over the tent and the scaffolding etc at the house.[/QUOTE

Think it was mentioned in the Mail that he’s building a pond

He used a hire car??? This was premeditated... finished work at 8pm. IMO this is not a first time offence..

She had vanished in Clapham, South West London, while walking home alone from a friend’s house.

The movements of the car, believed to have been hired, were said to have been tracked by ANPR cameras from the scene.

It is understood PC Couzens worked a 2pm to 8pm relief shift at the American Embassy in Nine Elms, South London.

It is around three miles from where Sarah, who was wearing a green rain jacket and navy blue trousers with a white diamond pattern, was last seen on a doorbell camera at 9.30pm.

At the time she was walking alone on Poynders Road, part of the South Circular, after a 15-minute phone call with her boyfriend Josh Lowth.

Moments later PC Couzens is suspected of bundling Sarah into his car out of view of cameras.

Wow. I wonder if he thought renting a car meant he'd avoid detection? It seems like that... did not work.

But yes it does suggest premeditation. Yikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aegon_the_Conqueror