UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont know about annual leave but he has definitely attended work since she went missing but not sure what days/shift patterns.

MSM reports he had just arrived home from work Tuesday when he was arrested (will try find link but the one I saw it was behind a pay wall - maybe it is more widely reported now).

Just hours before his arrest on suspicion of kidnapping and murdering missing Sarah Everard, Wayne Couzens had been at work keeping politicians and VIPs safe as part of the Metropolitan Police's elite Diplomatic Protection Command.

But not long after Mr Couzens got in from work, arriving back at the neat home he shares with his wife in Deal, Kent, following the two-hour drive from London, there was a knock at the door.

Everything we know about Wayne Couzens, the murder suspect and elite protection officer who was relied upon to keep VIPs safe

God the front left car has really creeped me out. Zoom in - quite a lot of movement from the driver and the towards the end of the clip, a lot of movement in the back right like someone is reaching or head is out of the window. Very eery

That car looks remarkably similar to the one in the driveway of the house in Deal, roof rails and everything -https://www.google.com/maps/@51.2106061,1.3904551,3a,75y,318.06h,90.66t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sw_q-xotKrHxStpF6s9UoKQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

EC has an old profile on VK (the Slavic FB copy). It says that her Batchelor's degree was in the Biology Faculty and was in Plant Physiology. The profile has either never really been developed or has been pruned. It does use her married name.

However, VK was banned in Ukraine in 2017 (you are giving your data to a Russian service). That can be circumvented using a VPN but I think few would bother.

Can I please highlight that those who keep saying 'The car in the clip doesn't look like the one taken from the driveway.' - It has been confirmed that a HIRE car was used and BOTH cars taken from the driveway were personal vehicles. (I have not heard anything different so I'm unsure why people keep saying the same thing?? Has something changed??)

Hmm could WC be the common flasher? I said earlier I think there is a possibility that WC first encountered SE on the common.
Would he risk it with police around though ?
A stretch but maybe he was spotted in the area by other officers and they wondered why a police officer who had nothing to do with the investigation was close to the searching area?

In terms of getting SE into a car, his warrant card really can't be underestimated. It can wield a great deal of power, influence and trust when you're a law abiding citizen.

SE's interaction with LE was probably minimal up to this point and positive. She's also been widely described by friends, family and colleagues as a lovely, helpful person. Not naive, just inclined to think well of people with little reason to be suspicious of authority.

Sadly, I can envisage multiple approaches by WC that would have been effective.

Negative approach: LE says you've done something wrong. You worry that you have and defer to them.
Positive approach: LE says they need assistance. You switch into good citizen mode and try to help.
Positive approach: LE offers assistance. You switch into polite mode and accept.

edit: also, it's possible he was in uniform. He isn't supposed to be off duty but well ... that doesn't mean he wasn't. If WC wanted to take advantage of the extra authority it afforded him, he may well have been.

Last edited:
Could SE have stopped at one of the snack bar vans that are on Clapham Common - I think "Honest Tom's" used to have a portaloo (not sure re Covid) and as I think has been mentioned before is popular with night shift wokers - especially emergency services. Could WC has seen her while picking up some food/coffee there after his shift and followed SE?

Last edited:
Can I please highlight that those who keep saying 'The car in the clip doesn't look like the one taken from the driveway.' - It has been confirmed that a HIRE car was used and BOTH cars taken from the driveway were personal vehicles. (I have not heard anything different so I'm unsure why people keep saying the same thing?? Has something changed??)

Sorry, would you mind linking that report? I haven't seen that confirmed myself

The huge amount of police presence which is still there today and now the additional diver teams , stations being set up and the garage due to be searched. Along with the questioning of the brother suggests the police have a fair amount of evidence to say there may be other bodies. I truly think we've only just scratched the surface on WC crimes.

I want to say that I don't think it would be that difficult to get Sarah into the car. People seem really confused about that part but she's walking along, potentially with ear buds in so not listening, he runs up and forces her in. Probably 5 seconds, tops. He's stronger than her and it wouldn't even require a weapon or any sort of verbal interaction between the two. I know the Sun claims he used his police credentials but even that only gets you so far with a person, so I think that's probably what happened.

In other words, how he "tricked" her doesn't seem to be that relevant, and it does feel a little bit victim-blamey to me.

Could SE have stopped at one of the snack bar vans that are on Clapham Common - I think "Honest Tom's" used to have a portaloo (not sure re Covid) and as I think has been mentioned before is popular with night shift wokers - especially emergency services. Could WC has seen her while picking up some food/coffee their after his shift and followed SE?
This is what I think happened too .

I remember this too. Was it the poster who talked about the “Ron Davies Wood” nickname on the common? I will try a search

Going by the nickname and I couldn't help but chuckle when I first read that, as being Welsh myself I remember the Ron Davies incident well, but I'm guessing its a well known cottaging area so you probably get all sorts around there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels