UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like this forum but honestly... Why don't people read the news? (It has been said so many times that he used a hire car and the cars in the driveway were personal ones. So why do people keep saying, 'does this look like his car? does this?')

It is described as "reportedly a hire car" but have seen no source or MSM saying it definitely was. They also removed the Seat with wheel covers which we used to preserve the tyres for investigation. It's speculation that could lead to a dead end but until it's confirmed he used a new-to-him hire car from start to finish I still think it's viable.

With regards to Police they are a temporary mobile command unit so in other words, a mini police station contained within a vehicle and are usually used when it is far less time consuming to have one present than to have numerous officers trekking back and forth to the actual police start which could be a significant distance away. If you are not relating this to police then I am not sure as it depends on the context of the conversation.

What’s your thoughts on the level of activity at the site Angleterre?

Is it possibly just down to the remote location or do you think there is a lot more found and and being investigated there?

They have an event in London this weekend: (1) Reclaim These Streets | Facebook
You are absolutely right and I honestly and genuinely applaud you for taking this stance and you are right to do so but unfortunately, so many don’t and only have to see a blue flashing light abs they believe it to be a police car yet the reality is that anyone can buy one of those lights and put it on top of their car .
A piece of Advice for others reading this - if a purported police car, which you believe to be so due to the presence of a blue light or not , tries to stop you, you DO NOT have to stop. Only a marked police car is who you are mandated to stop for and it’s solely your discretion if you wish to stop for an unmarked car. I have always, when wanting to stop a car whilst I’m in a CID plain car, shouted up for a uniform presence to stop the car on my behalf, so that they know it’s a genuine stop . Please , if in the UK, make yourself aware of this fact if you don’t already know.

Good to know this thanks, after this case I would definitely not stop for an unmarked car/police officer (surely they can buy replica badges), but good to know that legally I would not need to or at least drive/get to somewhere with people about first before stopping.

Last edited:
It is claimed Couzens was working at the American Embassy in Battersea on the day Miss Everard was taken.

Police arrested one of their own officers over the murder of Sarah Everard after a breakthrough from CCTV on a passing London bus as detectives also probe whether the suspect used his warrant card to lure her into his car after leaving work guarding the nearby US Embassy, it emerged today.

Scotland Yard are also said to be investigating whether Wayne Couzens, 48, used the current Covid-19 lockdown rules to stop the missing woman as she walked home to Brixton from her friend's home in Clapham, south-west London on the evening of March 3.

It was reported that neighbours noticed a Land Rover parked close to policeman Wayne Couzens' house in the historic town of Deal, and thought it was being watched by two men inside at around 5pm on Tuesday evening.

But it has been claimed today that Couzens, an armed diplomatic protection officer, worked a 2pm to 8pm shift guarding the US embassy close to Battersea Power station - less than three miles from where Miss Everard was last seen at 9.30pm.

The armed officer, who is part of the Met’s Parliamentary and Diplomatic Protection (PaDP) armed unit would have been picked up outside the embassy by a minibus and most likely taken to Charing Cross police station.

Once there, like all armed officers, he should have checked his firearm back into the armoury and headed to his locker to get changed.

He should not have gone home in full uniform. Instead, all officers are required to change into their civilian clothes.

MailOnline believes that the woods where the remains were found were known to him because Couzens' Ukrainian wife and their two children had visited for walks.

Sarah Everard: 'Murder suspect' Met officer found via CCTV from bus camera | Daily Mail Online

Using lockdown would be plausible IMO. My father is ex police and I would still be intimidated by a warrant card/ lockdown questioning. I think a lot of us have grown so paranoid about going out in lockdown. Can’t imagine how frightened she must have been

Really great Points. I don't understand how he could have even known she was a young woman - in that weather, in the dark with her wearing those odd colourful clothes and hat - it could have been anyone - did he not care, or did he know who she was and recognise those clothes from seeing her on previous runs and walks perhaps.

She had tight leggings on I think it would be obvious it was a women either from the front or behind and she was only 5.4ft ( not saying blokes can't be that small but it's not as common as it is for a women) If he was in his car the headlights could have illuminated her also.

Look at the sign in the background. This is on the road going up to the College, which these cars in the 2200 030321 video at Lordship Lane are coming from.

This is the journey from Poynders and the car is turning right to continue OUT of London.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-03-11 at 13.24.37.png
    Screenshot 2021-03-11 at 13.24.37.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 484
  • Screenshot 2021-03-11 at 13.27.28.png
    Screenshot 2021-03-11 at 13.27.28.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 550
  • Screenshot 2021-03-11 at 13.27.40.png
    Screenshot 2021-03-11 at 13.27.40.png
    845.8 KB · Views: 409
“These are so powerful because each and every woman can relate. Every woman should feel safe to walk on our streets without fear of harassment or violence."

This is a horrific attack on a woman. Motives are likely sexual, so I get the distiction from other sorts of crimes....
However, let's not restrict this to women. Men also face harassment and violence on the streets. Sometimes also sexual.
These have different drivers, but all of us, women and men should feel safe
That's not trying to detract from the many terrible events against women though

and not to forget that the perps are nearly always men..

What’s your thoughts on the level of activity at the site Angleterre?

Is it possibly just down to the remote location or do you think there is a lot more found and and being investigated there?
You know what, I really am not sure. I’m one minute thinking there has to be more and the next I’m leaning toward the complex nature . It may be that I know more information than I am willing to share because of professional and integrity issues so I will leave my comment at that ( and please don’t assume that I am indirectly saying that it’s more than one by making this observation and comment because I’m not).

I honestly can’t believe she’d get in a car voluntarily with a bulky male at night who isn’t in a police car when she hasn’t committed a crime. Neither would she get in a car to do a good deed. We are taught this from being children. This is just my opinion based on being similar to Sarah in age, education, etc.

this is my opinion too....she will be savvy enough to know even police uniform is not an indicator of safety! not in that way

My partner is a chemist and I asked him how common Lye was in labs. He said labs usually only order in stock they need, but Lye is common and useful so would likely be in most labs. He also said that something like Lye wouldn’t be actively monitored (measured to see if any has been taken etc) as it’s not a controlled substance. The only reason it may ever be checked is for stock control/cost.
I worked in labs for my entire career (retired now). Yes all this is true. BUT want to add that lye, sodium hydroxide and whatever else it is known by is readily available at your local home hardware store.
Although it can be used to degrade a body, the bones are still fairly difficult to get rid of. DNA can be well protected inside the bones and so although ID can be delayed, I am fairly certain it will happen in the next days.

My concern now with the developments in the setting up of a Command Facility on the site in Ashford is that there is the potential for multiple human remains to have been found. Hence the requirement for a proper Command post and the previous language around human remains taking some time to identify etc. Just a possibility.

"Just to put the WC and SE connection queries to bed. There is absolutely NO way a pumped up, egotistical, minimally educated alpha male with his the profile would have mixed in her social circle. From a socio-economic perspective - its highly hughly unlikey"

Statistically, sure
However, best to be open minded until all her contacts have seen his photo.... LE has been through web data etc.

For example, she may have been in a same gym or running club. Totally possible.

.... she may have had prior housemates with varied friends

To be clear, I suspect you are right, but let's not pretend we know who she might of crossed paths with.

In terms of the wife, assisting an offender could be a wide range of things, some very much more serious than others. She may have had no idea what he was suspected of and given him a false alibi, or she may have been fully in on it and helped to dispose of evidence - we simply don’t know.

tactically it may help the police to arrest her. Maybe she will be more willing to open up to them to save her own skin (not with immunity deals or whatever which aren’t really a thing but to co-operate and downplay her involvement), but even if she goes no comment now, if she’s charged she will likely need to give evidence in her own defence at their trial.
I had a quick look into the differences between the crimes of assisting an offender and attempting to pervert the course of justice.

The way I understand it (to simplify it) is perverting the course of justice would be while being investigated, during police enquries, you lie to the police, give a false alibi for instance. Assisting an offender would be an act of assistance during the commission of the offence, which doesn't necessarily mean she was there during the alleged murder, but was (allegedly) aware that what she was doing was helping him to hide offences he had committed, like disposing of evidence, cleaning the car, for instance.

Is this more or less correct @Angleterre ?

I had a quick look into the differences between the crimes of assisting an offender and attempting to pervert the course of justice.

The way I understand it (to simplify it) is perverting the course of justice would be while being investigated, during police enquries, you lie to the police, give a false alibi for instance. Assisting an offender would be an act of assistance during the commission of the offence, which doesn't necessarily mean she was there during the alleged murder, but was (allegedly) aware that what she was doing was helping him to hide offences he had committed, like disposing of evidence, cleaning the car, for instance.

Is this more or less correct @Angleterre ?
Spot on , well done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member