UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it hard to believe he used his police id or logo on his uniform/ t-shirt unless it was a premeditated murder. If it was used then surely it would have made identifying him very easy by a victim to the police on reporting an attack. Which I doubt given his job role he would risk.

I think he either pounced and subdued her before she even had chance to realise what was going on or he lured her to the side of the flats on the pretense of needing assistance.

I'm still struggling to understand why he was in Clapham at all tbh after his shift finished at 8pm.

He would absolutely have had to go back to base at Westminster Palace to change out of uniform, and clock out, with the rest of his shift team. His car (that he drove from Deal) would have been parked in Westminster too.

Clapham is NOT on the way home to Kent from Westminster. If he went there, it was with intent. Otherwise there were plenty other parks and areas close/on the way for him to pick a woman up, that would have been less complicated than doing it on the South Circular. Does anyone know if Clapham Common has a reputation for dogging/cottaging? As an example, Epping Forest and Hampstead Heath are notorious for it after dark.

It's making me question whether he was in Clapham because (a) he observes dogging/partakes in cottaging and this is a good spot for it, close enough to work and en route home - saw Sarah alone and was just opportunistic (b) he has been indecent in the Common before, and it is a well known hunting ground for him for some reason (maybe lots of young female runners in the evenings)

If (b), then he has been planning an attack on someone for some time, and it's a lot more deviant, and planned.

JMO

It is an odd place to be and there are other more direct ways to drive home to Kent from central if that's the way he was coming from/going. Which makes me think it was opportunistic, and I just can't get my head round this. Did he honestly think this was something he would get away with?? He must be a cold, cold person underneath the family man facade and I would absolutely not be surprised if there is a whole bigger story underneath this all. This sounds pre-meditated and from someone who has done something similar before.

“These are so powerful because each and every woman can relate. Every woman should feel safe to walk on our streets without fear of harassment or violence."

This is a horrific attack on a woman. Motives are likely sexual, so I get the distiction from other sorts of crimes....
However, let's not restrict this to women. Men also face harassment and violence on the streets. Sometimes also sexual.
These have different drivers, but all of us, women and men should feel safe
That's not trying to detract from the many terrible events against women though

I feel this misses the mark. Of course men deserve to feel safe in the streets as well, but they are FAR less likely to be the victim in this type of crime. Not every conversation has to include men - particularly when talking about crimes that disproportionately effect women. It dilutes the meaning.

This crime against Sarah has left every single woman I know in London extremely shaken and frightened for their safety. My mother has been calling me every day since Sarah went missing begging me not to walk home alone after work from the train station if it’s dark. My boyfriend has been picking me up every day or I’ve got a cab home. It just reiterates the fact that all the precautions we are told to take, the ways in which we all modify our behaviour to stay safe, don’t really matter. We can’t keep ourselves safe no matter what we do or what we teach our daughters.

I'm still struggling to understand why he was in Clapham at all tbh after his shift finished at 8pm.

He would absolutely have had to go back to base at Westminster Palace to change out of uniform, and clock out, with the rest of his shift team. His car (that he drove from Deal) would have been parked in Westminster too.

Clapham is NOT on the way home to Kent from Westminster. If he went there, it was with intent. Otherwise there were plenty other parks and areas close/on the way for him to pick a woman up, that would have been less complicated than doing it on the South Circular. Does anyone know if Clapham Common has a reputation for dogging/cottaging? As an example, Epping Forest and Hampstead Heath are notorious for it after dark.

JMO

Part of Clapham Common is notorious for gay cruising, but not sure of the relevance to WC

I find it hard to believe he used his police id or logo on his uniform/ t-shirt unless it was a premeditated murder. If it was used then surely it would have made identifying him very easy by a victim to the police on reporting an attack. Which I doubt given his job role he would risk.

I think he either pounced and subdued her before she even had chance to realise what was going on or he lured her to the side of the flats on the pretense of needing assistance.

Hi all!
New sleuther here so getting to grips with all rules etc.
I’m from Deal. I used to live on that road when I was younger and I know people that live on Freeman’s way. Can I just say, Deal is the worse for rumours circulating so please don’t take what so and so said as oath. I could sneeze and someone I don’t know at the other end of the town would know about it and the story would have changed too.
For our little town, this story is very close to home and has shocked us all. He is a well known guy being that his dad had the garage in Dover. I really feel for his children and family.

Does anyone know the stance on his wife? How long can she be kept for questioning? I found that she used to work with human bodily fluids in one of her old jobs. Coincidence or do we think she is involved?

I'm same age/background/location as Sarah, I honestly do not believe she'd have got into an unmarked car with one solo plain clothes officer even with a badge. This is a route I have walked many times myself, by that point she is more than halfway home an offer of a lift wouldn't even be that worthwhile.

Same.

She was not breaking any laws by being outside. Therefore wouldn’t accept arrest.

She wasn’t far from home to accept a lift.

If I had any interaction with an officer it would be a discussion on exactly what I had done wrong and the first thing I’d do is whatsapp a friend or call family.

Before getting in a marked police car a lengthy conversation would take place outside the car. No way would she hop straight in. She is a professional woman in her thirties and with this comes confidence in speaking to authority figures.

The fact that as far as we are aware there are no witnesses of them talking strongly suggests to me he attacked her and took her phone very very quickly. But this is of course JMO.

Hi all!
I’m from Deal. I used to live on that road when I was younger and I know people that live on Freeman’s way. Can I just say, Deal is the worse for rumours circulating so please don’t take what so and so said as oath. I could sneeze and someone I don’t know at the other end of the town would know about it and the story would have changed too.
For our little town, this story is very close to home and has shocked us all. He is a well known guy being that his dad had the garage in Dover. I really feel for his children and family.

Does anyone know the stance on his wife? How long can she be kept for questioning? I found that she used to work with human bodily fluids in one of her old jobs. Coincidence or do we think she is involved?
Well known in Deal because of his father's garage in Dover?

Hi all!

They have 24 hours from arrest, to charge or apply for an extension.

I feel this misses the mark. Of course men deserve to feel safe in the streets as well, but they are FAR less likely to be the victim in this type of crime. Not every conversation has to include men - particularly when talking about crimes that disproportionately effect women. It dilutes the meaning.

This crime against Sarah has left every single woman I know in London extremely shaken and frightened for their safety. My mother has been calling me every day since Sarah went missing begging me not to walk home alone after work from the train station if it’s dark. My boyfriend has been picking me up every day or I’ve got a cab home. It just reiterates the fact that all the precautions we are told to take, the ways in which we all modify our behaviour to stay safe, don’t really matter. We can’t keep ourselves safe no matter what we do or what we teach our daughters.

Thank you for responding to this, I thought about it but I'm so exhausted with men making it about them that I couldn't even be bothered.

Hi all!

24 hours or if its serious offence 96 hours not sure for her if its the longer time?

It wouldn't surprise me. Tulse Hill is one of the most dodgy looking areas I've been in London and that was in the daytime...

Poynders Court is not in Tulse Hill, it's well before that, and would be described at Clapham South (it's an SW4 postcode, close to Clapham South tube station, and only just outside 'Abbeville Village'

In early enquiries, her likely route from Poynders Road was described as in the direction of Tulse Hill, which is a mile or two ahead on the A205

If he was lurking, looking for lone women, I think it's more likely he was watching from grasssed area by those flats

Done some further looking into my previous post. Could these cars be the same ? (Both left hand side of photos) Both black with what looks like rails on roof. Both in correct lanes for taking the proposed route out of London to Ashford. Timeline checks out as ~ 20 min journey between points.

A upload_2021-3-11_13-50-56.pngBupload_2021-3-11_13-51-39.png
upload_2021-3-11_13-54-4.png

Attachments

• upload_2021-3-11_13-52-18.png
    upload_2021-3-11_13-52-18.png
    425.7 KB · Views: 39
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online