NC - MacDonald family murders at Fort Bragg, 1970 - Jeffrey MacDonald innocent?

I agree with others here. Well done, but JM is guilty - zero doubts for me. I am going back to read Fatal Vision for the umpteenth time - but in my humble opinion- justice was served here - too bad justice for JM doesn’t equal 3(4 really) innocent lives.

Wants out because he's sick and Covid could kill him.
https://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/crime/article249836233.html

Dear @MrsWatson,

Thank you for posting this link.

Excerpt:

"At a hearing in Raleigh on Thursday, attorneys will ask for “compassionate release” for MacDonald, who is 77 years old now and in “failing health.”

At first I was shocked when I read this but then I realized that this is exactly what this monster (who feels superior to all) would say.

How his name and the word "compassionate" can be used in the same sentence is beyond comprehension.

This is just my own opinion.

Updated article states his kidneys are failing and he has skin cancer and hypertension. Also, he refused the Moderna Covid-19 vaccine!

Attorneys for the ex-Green Beret doctor, now 77, argued in U.S. District Court that their client has roughly three years to live if he starts kidney dialysis. That chronic condition, coupled with skin cancer and hypertension, qualify him for release from a prison environment where COVID-19 remains a threat, his lawyers said.

Abrams said MacDonald had a COVID-19 rapid test while in prison so it is not certain whether he had contracted the virus. Harris noted, though, that MacDonald had recently refused the Moderna vaccine.

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/article249864818.html

How many prisoners, convicted of felony murder, get released for leniency reason? Given the nature of MacDonald's crimes, and that although mistakes were made in handling the evidence, not enough there for reasonable doubt. Some things that we will never know, or were destroyed,
we will never see one way or the other.

He doesn't have a of time left regardless of the outcome of the hearing. If MacDonald had been paroled, that would have been much worse than for him to be released now. I am not suggestion that MacDonald being released now, is a good thing. It all depends on whether or not, leniency from a legal standpoint, applies, or doesn't apply due to MacDonald's age and health.

Satch

Get this man a vaccination, that way he can stay where he is, forever....

Re Covid19 and MacD -- Apparently he's already had Covid19

-----------------------------
State News

Ex-Army officer guilty in 'Fatal Vision' case seeks release amid pandemic
Posted March 11, 2021 1:04 a.m. EST
Updated March 11, 2021 9:25 p.m. EST
By Amanda Lamb, WRAL reporter
RALEIGH, N.C. — A federal judge said Thursday that he needs time to decide whether to release a former Army captain serving life prison sentences for the 1970 murders of his pregnant wife and two young children at Fort Bragg due to his deteriorating health during the coronavirus pandemic.
[...]
Federal prosecutors said MacDonald doesn't qualify for compassionate release because the law was enacted after his 1979 conviction. They also noted that he has already contracted COVID-19 in prison and recovered from it and that he refused a vaccination last week.
"[He] shouldn't be rewarded with release" after turning down the vaccine, Assistant U.S. Attorney John Harris said in court.

--------------
More here:
Ex-Army officer guilty in 'Fatal Vision' case seeks release amid pandemic :: WRAL.com

Gosh, he might only have 3 more years? That’s 54 more years than his victims got.

Dear @TristanP,
Your post says everything about this case.! I just got shivers reading it.
This saddens my heart tremendously because it speaks to the truth.

I have zero compassion for his plea for compassionate release.

Dear @MrsWatson,
As a human being, I agree with everything you've said!

He should get the same compassionate release he granted his defenseless family.

Dear @Catmommy,
Your post brought tears to my eyes. It made me think... if only... those futures ripped from them by someone they believed loved them and whom they trusted.

We will never know the terror and pain they suffered as they were beaten and murdered by their father/husband.

I genuinely hope that this monster is never released. This is my own opinion.

Dear @MrsWatson,

Thank you for posting this link.

Excerpt:

"At a hearing in Raleigh on Thursday, attorneys will ask for “compassionate release” for MacDonald, who is 77 years old now and in “failing health.”

At first I was shocked when I read this but then I realized that this is exactly what this monster (who feels superior to all) would say.

How his name and the word "compassionate" can be used in the same sentence is beyond comprehension.

This is just my own opinion.

Indeed, @zencompass, indeed. That azz.

Most of us here would like to remind MacD that his wife, his two little daughters and his unborn son were also in "failing health" on that horrible night/morning -- and he didn't do one damm thing that night except make sure that they were dead before he called 911. Grrrrrr.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back