UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
The family of Sarah Everard have described her as a “shining example” who was “kind and strong” as they appealed for anyone with information to help detectives.

While formal identification awaits, in a statement today, Thursday, 11 March, the family said:

“Our beautiful daughter Sarah was taken from us and we are appealing for any information that will help to solve this terrible crime.

“Sarah was bright and beautiful - a wonderful daughter and sister. She was kind and thoughtful, caring and dependable. She always put others first and had the most amazing sense of humour.

“She was strong and principled and a shining example to us all. We are very proud of her and she brought so much joy to our lives.

“We would like to thank our friends and family for all their support during this awful time and we would especially like to thank Sarah’s friends who are working tirelessly to help.

“We are so grateful to the police and would like to thank them for all they are doing. We are now pleading for additional help from the public.

“Please come forward and speak to the police if you have any information. No piece of information is too insignificant. Thank you.”

Family of Sarah Everard pay tribute to their “wonderful daughter and sister”

Fiona Hamilton, the Crime editor at The Times newspaper posted this tweet

Major development in the Sarah Everard abduction case. The alleged unrelated indecent exposure by serving police officer Wayne Couzens was reported to Scotland Yard on Feb 28, four days before she vanished. Police watchdog investigating whether officers responded "appropriately"

Incredible development, WC was supposedly reported for the alleged indecent exposure 4 days before SE went missing. Awaiting this to hit the actual News sites

This gives us clarity on when the indecent exposure charge was reported.

Sarah Everard suspect: Met faces inquiry over indecent exposure claim

“The alleged indecent exposure happened on 28 February, at a fast food restaurant in south London. “

Gosh I really hope that failures and missed opportunities didn’t contribute to Sarah’s death.

“The IOPC said in a statement: “The Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) has started an independent investigation into whether Metropolitan Police Service (MPS) officers responded appropriately to a report of indecent exposure.”

“Our investigation will look at the actions of the MPS after police received a report on 28 February (2021) that a man had exposed himself at a fast food restaurant in South London.”

Truly awful

Police given more time to question officer over Sarah Everard disappearance

"Police have been granted more time to to question a serving officer on suspicion of the murder of Sarah Everard"

"A woman aged in her 30s, arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender, has been released on bail"

"searched a property in Deal, Kent, where multiple cars were taken away by investigators."

---

Head Injury
Not convinced this was a suicide attempt unless it was a very poor one. Admittedly we don't have timings but the treatment and return to custody appears to have happened in less than a day. Surely if it was severe enough they'd need to observe him longer for concussion? Unless we hear again that's he's receiving medical treatment for ongoing medical reasons... Could be a good excuse to get out of questioning perhaps...That said, think he knows if he is found guilty he's not going to have a nice time inside is he. [EDIT: Understand head injury happened night prior now]

WC Cars
Multiple seems to suport the belief that 3 cars were taken? (1 night of arrest, and two day after). If it was just the two that we saw pictured the day after, wouldn't they just write 'two'. Which poses my question - why didn't he get rid of the hire car if he did indeed use one? Weird to go to the apparent effort to conceal a body, but do nothing with the car.

Woodland Activity
There does seem to be rather alot of activity that suggests a lengthy stay... If it was just identification of the remains they've found that is expected to 'take a long time' wouldn't they remove the remains and conduct identification at the forensic pathologists office?

Cressida Dick's Statement (yes I'm that behind, otherwise I would have been fired)
She looked near traumatised to be honest - she clearly felt pain reading that statement. As others have commented, the fact that she spoke in terms that implied guilt on WC's part leads me to be believe that the evidence is overwhelming (which I'm not sure about at this stage given the current activity following her statement) or WC has confessed...

Other than quoted article all speculation and MOO.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

New member here. I've been dipping in and out of these threads, so sorry if I end up repeating anything that's already been stated..I've been scratching my head about how WC could have secured the trust of SE. It just doesn't make sense to me, the idea that someone as savvy and presumably street-wise as Sarah would have voluntarily entered the car of a stranger - even one who purported to be a police officer. I say this from the perspective of a street-savvy young woman who is of a similar age to Sarah and lives relatively close to Clapham. My initial thoughts were that there is no way in hell I would trust a lone man on a quiet street in pitch black dark, regardless of whether he had a police badge and looked like the real deal. I'm not sure I'm convinced by the theory that he approached her to question her about a potential Covid breach and what she was doing out on her own. It just seems too flimsy and unrealistic. This might have washed during the first lockdown, when rules were a lot more stringent, but not at this stage of a third lockdown. I reckon he was much more calculated than that and concocted a much more sinister plan to secure Sarah's trust. SE was clearly an intelligent young lady and I can only assume that she was paralysed with fear as a result of one of two possible scenarios. Naturally, when one's body goes into "fight or flight" mode, rational thinking will take a back seat as the instant need for self-preservation and safety takes over.

Here are my theories:

Scenario 1) he approached her with a seemingly innocuous query, e.g. maybe asking for directions, in a jovial and approachable manner. Looking at the pictures with his family, he definitely has the "big friendly giant" persona about him. The sort of friendly face you might see down the pub. He may have put her further at ease by telling a joke or two, to bide his time and further secure her trust. Or he may have shown his badge and claimed to have been looking for a missing person. Once she answered his query, I reckon he calmly took out a knife and told her to stay very quiet otherwise he would hurt her, before coaxing her into his car. Like any defenceless young woman in this situation, SE may have frozen in terror and acquiesced with his demand out of fear for her life.

Scenario 2) he approached her with his police badge, perhaps dressed in his London Met jacket or hat (do we have any confirmation of this yet?) to warn her that a dangerous man has been reported in the area, attempting to commit an attack on a lone woman. Naturally, like any young woman in this scenario, I probably wouldn't consider certain abnormalities of the situation e.g. no other police being present, as I'd be utterly terrified. He may have then lulled her into a false sense of security by reassuring her that his other colleagues were close by and looking for the offender, before offering to give her a lift home. Again, putting myself in the shoes of a petrified young woman on her own, the idea of a violent male on the prowl is the worst possible scenario I can conceive of, so being presented with the offer of a quick escape from the area by a police offer would offer me instant reassurance. Again, this is going on the theory that SE went into a state of panic, as anyone would on hearing this news, and her fight or flight defence had taken over her capacity to think rationally about the situation. This also has horrible echoes of the Libby/Reclowicz situation. A vulnerable and frightened young girl being approached by a seemingly friendly and trustworthy professional offering her a lift to safety.

WC wife has been released on bail.

Sarah Everard 'brought joy to our lives', says her family

“A woman in her 30s, who was arrested in Kent at the same time on suspicion of assisting an offender, has been released on bail until mid-April, the Met said.”

Also WC detention has been extended.

“He remains in custody after an application to extend his detention was granted at Wimbledon Magistrates' Court, the Met said.”

do you think W could’ve hit Sarah in his car intentionally to leave her incapacitated enough to bundle her into the car? He might’ve even offered to take her to the hospital to get help but did something perverse instead
I wonder if he flashed her and she took a picture on her phone? He has then panicked due to his career/ family and tried to catch up to her. Intentionally or unintentionally run her down; smashing her phone in the process, and tried to cover his tracks. This would explain the forensics at her last known sighting IMO

Am I reading this right, that two serving officers are being investigated? And the part about it being linked to four other referrals! What’s going on?!

"The IOPC’s investigation follows a conduct referral from the MPS in relation to two officers, received last night, which is linked to four other referrals.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14310271/sarah-everard-police-wayne-couzens/

Fiona Hamilton, the Crime editor at The Times newspaper posted this tweet

Incredible development, WC was supposedly reported for the alleged indecent exposure 4 days before SE went missing. Awaiting this to hit the actual News sites

Woah this is big.

Doesn't specifically mention the report was against WC though does it? I hope not, and it's been linked back to him afterwards. Not that that makes it okay but think it's an important distinction.

This gives us clarity on when the indecent exposure charge was reported.

Sarah Everard suspect: Met faces inquiry over indecent exposure claim

“The alleged indecent exposure happened on 28 February, at a fast food restaurant in south London. “

Gosh I really hope that failures and missed opportunities didn’t contribute to Sarah’s death.

“The IOPC said in a statement: “The Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) has started an independent investigation into whether Metropolitan Police Service (MPS) officers responded appropriately to a report of indecent exposure.”

“Our investigation will look at the actions of the MPS after police received a report on 28 February (2021) that a man had exposed himself at a fast food restaurant in South London.”

Truly awful

It's really starting to feel like this whole thing could have been avoidable had the Met not looked out for their own, again.

MOO.

Am I reading this right, that two serving officers are being investigated? And the part about it being linked to four other referrals! What’s going on?!

"The IOPC’s investigation follows a conduct referral from the MPS in relation to two officers, received last night, which is linked to four other referrals.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14310271/sarah-everard-police-wayne-couzens/

Murder/Abduction will be the other's i guess? and probably a serving officer being charged

I sincerely hope they did not go in half heartedly on their inquiry regarding his indecent exposure report because if they did - just days later - it has led to this escalation of his behaviour and an innocent woman has lost her life.

Some amateur psychology from me re WC. Obviously this is all v much JMO MOO.

Suspect that WC presents fairly normally. I don’t think we are taking about a loner with horribly deficient social skills. He may not be overly gregarious but knows how to navigate in everyday life. Suspect he relates well with males; he has worked in male dominated environments, the garage, security, police. He has I suspect a fairly easy manner when taking about things that interest him; cars, firearms, physical fitness, music (a former band member).

He (of course) craves control and status but I sense these are not overwhelming driving factors for him. WC’s main problem is that he is a sexual pervert, perhaps a sexual sadist. This is likely all consuming for him, this is his driving force. He doesn’t relate well with women as a result and he has an extremely disturbing fantasy life revolving around the objectification and destruction of females.

His relationship with his wife is troubled but not wholly dysfunctional to the point that some kind of normal family life is beyond his grasp. He has likely cheated on his wife and likes to exercise control and has a cynical and transactional view of their relationship. His upbringing was likely relatively normal and he values the family unit. As a result despite his inherent selfishness he functioned well as a father.

It’s tough to know how prolific an offender he is. But clearly he has had years of violent and perverted fantasies which at some point spilled over into real life. He is capable of shame and remorse and suspect his whole adult life has been an internal struggle between his fantasy life and his conscience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radnewal