UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
A local poster on here said that people dump dead sheep there (uggggh) Could that be adding to the confusion re the remains? Also possibly why they need so many people there for so long to check through everything they find?
the police did not report finding a body, but remains, which I took to mean incomplete remains - in this climate decomposition would not have advanced far enough to seriously hamper id. (If you Google 'police find body' you can see that they usually report a body if they have one). They also said it will take time. Scenarios include lab tests, dental records, & searches for more remains.

That crossed my mind but it just sounds wrong to call it a restaurant. Outlet maybe? Or at a push a cafe.

(The two actual cafe/restaurants on Clapham Common are both closed for renovations. There are fast food places near the southern tip of Clapham Common)

Has it said the fast food restaurant was in Clapham?

I am wondering if the statement put out by SE family (asking people to come forward) suggests that the police are struggling to find sufficient evidence to charge.

I'm really wondering the same thing, especially as they have just extended his detention and still not charged him. It's extremely worrying.

I think re the sun article about 2 coppers - it might mean the copper who flashed (WC) and the copper who failed to act appropriately on the report rather than 2 coppers being investigated for flashing. Not sure about the 4 other referrals though.

My other thought - is there any possibility that fast food restaurant referred to is the cabin frequented by police that Sarah passed by on her route home??
Where does it state 2 policemen? Am i missing something?

I want to believe for my own sanity that the investigating officers didn't have enough to continue the investigation. WC would most likely have been in plain clothes (PO are not allowed to wear their uniform visibly when not on duty. Although we don't know he wasn't tbf). If he was inside the takeaway to order and pick up he would have been wearing a mask and therefore too difficult to identify.

Not good enough IMO but still.

I don't want to believe that they knew who he was and did nothing - that is unforgivable. If that's the case the fall out from this is going to be unprecedented.

Interesting analysis and insight. Thanks for sharing. Few points .. Not sure about upbringing being normal. We have only heard about a stepmother- I am very curious as to where his real mother is and how this impacted on his early childhood and how he relates to women.

Also, his wife was flown in from
Ukraine and spoke little English when she first came to England. She’s younger and attractive. Could relate to him objectifying women...

No mention of friends in reports and he seems to be quite a loner although can easily make simple chit chat especially about mechanics according to neighbours.

All IMO
Where has his stepmum made a statement?

it doesn't say if they knew it was him who had flashed on 28 Feb or whether they just had a description of a man who they did not know was him. If it is like a lot of flashers , do they really take those things that seriously ? do they have the resources to look into those in any great depth when there are numerous other serious crimes in London atm like the many stabbings?

I think is an important point about the indecent exposure report, when did the police realise it was him? and then what did they do?

It suggests to me that the indecent exposure "at" a fast food restaurant, caught on cctv and reported by the establishment to the Police - was not looked into by the Police quickly enough. But when SE disappeared they looked into other recent reports and made the link and watched the CCTV. It sounds as if the woman (?) he flashed at at the restaurant, didn't personally make the complaint - the restaurant reported it. IMO

But it does need investigating as they missed something vital that could have saved SE.

Yes, a mother especially will always refuse to accept her child is dead unless she sees for herself. A parent’s mind and heart won’t allow it. Something must have been shown to them that’s undeniably an identifying visual confirmation.
Only a fraction of the info the police have will be shared with press/public and rightly so.
A lot of reporting is not sensitive for example I don’t think journalists should be reporting from near search sites or suspects home.

McDonald’s doesn’t have in person takeaway at the moment. Delivery or drive through. I suppose he could have exposed himself to the drive through person though.
Yes it does. They reopened it up the same day kids went back to school. Obviously could be another fast food restaurant (we don’t have specifics of the establishment.)

MOO

EDITED TO ADD LINK RE MCDONALDS BEING OPEN FOR WALK IN ORDERS.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/13986597/mcdonalds-to-reopen-restaurants-for-walk-in-takeaways/

Last edited:
“At a fast food restaurant” makes me think of a drive through. You can imagine the rest. I’m guessing nobody knew it was WC and the police simply hadn’t followed up yet as they receive so many complaints of IE - which is a story in itself.

Maybe when SE went missing they started looking at recent incidents and his car was flagged - and then was also seen on the cctv linked to Sarah’s disappearance.

This seems like the most K.I.S.S scenario which is often the most likely.

EDIT for clarity actually. If they caught his reg on CCTV at the takeaway then the PO investigating should have looked into that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member