Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC he exposed himself to two female members of staff at the fast food restaurant. So whether he exposed himself to both of them at the same time or whether he did it at separate windows at the drive-thru, or one at the window and one who brought him his food while he parked up (MOO) is unclear. Either way I guess it would count as two charges of IE in the same way that if you kill two people stood next to each other, that's still two charges of murder rather than one. There doesn't seem to be any record of him exposing himself that doesn't relate to the fast food establishment.

You are correct. One crime report for each victim.

4. Recording a crime
Once the police have decided to record a crime, they then need to determine how many crimes to record and what offences have been committed. Consider, for example, a burglary where the car keys are taken from a house and the car has been stolen:

• This may involve two offences: a burglary; and theft of a motor vehicle.
  • If there is only one victim and only one offender for all these offences then only one crime would be recorded, although the offender may be charged and convicted of all the offences.
  • If there are two or more victims in the same incident, a crime should be recorded for each victim.
The HOCR require police to record crime at the earliest opportunity, and at the most within 24 hours of the time the reporting officer decides that a crime should be recorded.

Crime-recording process - HMICFRS

Hello again everyone. I just wanted to state for the record that I happened upon your website and thought the discussion very valuable. All of the folk here are very nice indeed and I am definitely not a journalist. Sarah was a friend of a friend of my niece which brings things so much closer to home. I also have a 19 year old daughter. I sincerely hope that the perpetrator feels the full force of justice and the law. I've also been thinking about the neighbours of the accused today. What a dreadful shock to think that someone like that had been living in their midst. It would certainly leave me very shaken. I hope my comment doesn't go against any rules on this site. Finally and not least my heart goes out to Sarah and her family.

Was that when his father died, 2020?

December 2020 is what someone said upthread, not sure if that was ever verified. IMO that would be enough to trigger a spiral into chaos if they were close. He was said to be devastated when the family business closed when his father retired. Did we ever find out what happened to his mother? I've kind of wondered what she looks/looked like too, though obviously we can't speculate too much about a family member.

And let’s not forget it’s the press who has named him as the man arrested not the police .

JMO (first post - hi all).

I genuinely believe this *** had a wild sex life, maybe there were rumours about him decades before he became a copper...but sadly, women are just ignored. Ex partners, maybe they felt something or he indulged in certain types of *advertiser censored*. Long before becoming a PO. Maybe his wife being someone with little English he met online and brought to the UK 12 years ago (I think) - close to becoming a copper - says something. Maybe he's always been a misogynistic, charming and calculated individual who's been getting away with illegal or deviant behaviour under duress since he was very young. He's nearing 50....

There will very likely be some tales to be told about his life. I would be interested to know his upbringing, his family situation and about any previous relationships. Sexual deviants struggle with interpersonal relationships and often their need for gratification is what eventually drives a woman away. Which leads to more feelings of hatred towards women, anger, sexual frustration and importantly, a need for power and control. The fact he is a police officer/ has a military background could tie in to the idea that he is all about the power and being in charge, I believe he used his position in order to gain the trust of women and thought that working for the law was the safest ‘cover’ for a sexual offender.

I also think he became even more dangerous after he became a police officer, was likely on a power trip and wanted to see how far he could go without getting caught. These type of people blame women for any bad thing that happens to them. In his warped mind, a woman should not be walking alone at night, she was asking for trouble. We know that this idea is outrageous but this is how he selects his victims to justify his actions to himself. The murder of Sarah would only have satisfied him for a short time. He would have soon been on to his next victim if he had got away with it.

Thank goodness they have him now but I highly doubt he will be saying any other words than ‘no comment’. He will know and use his rights. I can imagine he is a very unsympathetic person when it comes to dealing with females, he has likely set alarm bells off before but is one of those people who is just seen as ‘quiet’ or having ‘a dark sense of humour’. Reporting restrictions will not allow much detail to be published until a trial takes place but I have a feeling that this one will have a LOT of witnesses. JMO

Hello again everyone. I just wanted to state for the record that I happened upon your website and thought the discussion very valuable. All of the folk here are very nice indeed and I am definitely not a journalist. Sarah was a friend of a friend of my niece which brings things so much closer to home. I also have a 19 year old daughter. I sincerely hope that the perpetrator feels the full force of justice and the law. I've also been thinking about the neighbours of the accused today. What a dreadful shock to think that someone like that had been living in their midst. It would certainly leave me very shaken. I hope my comment doesn't go against any rules on this site. Finally and not least my heart goes out to Sarah and her family.

Incredibly sorry for your loss, and for that of those friends and family close to you and Sarah.

MOO Possibly absolutely nothing going on in his life, or nothing that would spark this. If there are triggers, then within a pretty complex brain/personality situation which crimonoligists can pull apart. I'm not an expert but I struggle to see how some difficult situation in anybody's life - be it last week or 25 years ago - would trigger anybody into this chain of events.
MOO IMO JMO
I agree.
It's like using alcohol as an excuse for deviance.
If it's not in one to begin with, it's unlikely to emerge IMO.
For me crimes of this nature are about greed for power and control, the ultimate control- life itself.

There are two places listed as 'lodging' on google maps just behind Poynders Court flats. I wonder if he was staying in one of these, I mean just look how close they are to where SE went missing.

I'm not convinced by the lodging theory even though the commute is crazy long. He was arrested at home in Deal on Tuesday 9th after returning home from a shift at work in London. - Everything we know about Wayne Couzens, the murder suspect and elite protection officer who was relied upon to keep VIPs safe Implies he commutes it. Of course always a chance he was off the following day but still.

I think people are on to something about renting a parking space theory though. MOO

I took a looooong haitus from this website after it all got a bit too much for me (too much invested in too many child cases) and often wondered what would bring me back here. It was almost Vallow-Daybell but nope, this case is the one. Far too close to home, too tragic, a knock to my respect of our police. So here I am, with many pages to read. I look forward to reading through all the posts, I recall the members here being super friendly & knowledgeable.
RIP Sarah Everard :(

Was that when his father died, 2020?
Apparently
Sorry, catching up after work but has it been posted that the McDonalds at the centre of the IE incident (at least one of the two IE incidents) has been named (though not verified)?

“MailOnline has learned that the restaurant in question was the Swanley service station branch situated on the A20 East. McDonald's directed enquiries to the Met, who refused to comment.”

Sarah Everard 'murder suspect' 'reported for flashing in takeaway' days before her disappearance | Daily Mail Online
i would not consider this “South London”. Anyway I assume this is on his commute home from Central/SW London

There will very likely be some tales to be told about his life. I would be interested to know his upbringing, his family situation and about any previous relationships. Sexual deviants struggle with interpersonal relationships and often their need for gratification is what eventually drives a woman away. Which leads to more feelings of hatred towards women, anger, sexual frustration and importantly, a need for power and control. The fact he is a police officer/ has a military background could tie in to the idea that he is all about the power and being in charge, I believe he used his position in order to gain the trust of women and thought that working for the law was the safest ‘cover’ for a sexual offender.

I also think he became even more dangerous after he became a police officer, was likely on a power trip and wanted to see how far he could go without getting caught. These type of people blame women for any bad thing that happens to them. In his warped mind, a woman should not be walking alone at night, she was asking for trouble. We know that this idea is outrageous but this is how he selects his victims to justify his actions to himself. The murder of Sarah would only have satisfied him for a short time. He would have soon been on to his next victim if he had got away with it.

Thank goodness they have him now but I highly doubt he will be saying any other words than ‘no comment’. He will know and use his rights. I can imagine he is a very unsympathetic person when it comes to dealing with females, he has likely set alarm bells off before but is one of those people who is just seen as ‘quiet’ or having ‘a dark sense of humour’. Reporting restrictions will not allow much detail to be published until a trial takes place but I have a feeling that this one will have a LOT of witnesses. JMO

I also wonder if he is charismatic in person. <shudder> I would think close protection officers need to be personable and make the person they're guarding feel comfortable and confident in them. That might have been an asset in an abduction. JMO

The moment the accused went from being a name on a list to the prime suspect you would have to assume that any decision making was made at the top level of the met with the senior leadership team. It probably would be in a high profile murder case anyway let alone with a serving met policeman as said suspect.

And any decision making to continue to allow an armed policeman suspected of murder to work, if true, would likely only be made after a multitude of risk assessments and every mitigation known to man. They also would have the full facts regarding the alleged earlier incident, the detail of what colleagues mean re alleged behaviour and any other things like sick records or ambulance call outs... None of which we have.

Id imagine his role actually helped them here. Far easier to monitor an albeit armed policeman standing static in front of a building. Would they have been willing to do the same if armed response for incidents barrelling around London with a gun?

We will never know what measures were taken if the press are right he was allowed to continue performing his job whilst being watched but it would probably be safe to assume they were beyond extensive.

Last edited:
Hello! New poster here. I haven’t seen this mentioned so I thought I’d comment. I hope that’s ok. Please delete if not allowed.
Looking at the aerial photo that was posted earlier of the forensics team stood in the field facing the back of the house, it appears that WC/EC have had a huge amount of garden work done including a new path and patio area with gazebo - looking at the aerial view on Google maps and another link that was posted earlier to a source that I believe we cannot mention due to the terms of this site, but clearly showed the garden from a ground perspective with a cement mixer in the garden - this work has been undertaken in the last 11 months. Do you think they will check under the path/patio for evidence?

So we are looking at 11pm tonight at the lastest?
ETA Tomorrow night!
Mind is frazzled :rolleyes:

?? He was arrested on Tues 9th, and assuming magistrates grant all the possible extensions, it's charge or release at 96 hours.

That's 4 days, so tomorrow night, not tonight ??

(fully expects 'breaking news' pop up the very second after I press 'post')

i would not consider this “South London”. Anyway I assume this is on his commute home from Central/SW London

Can anyone local infer if this restaurant would be on a logical commute route home to Deal, Kent from Battersea/Charing Cross that would go via Clapham? Or is it so far away that you could feasibly get to it on a route back to Deal without a very strong likelihood of doing so via Clapham? Trying to ascertain if it supports WC being in Clapham as typical rather than exceptional.

Last edited:
Address of the garage where Wayne Couzen's worked.
Centre Road, Dover, Kent, CT17 9DY.

Sorry, catching up after work but has it been posted that the McDonalds at the centre of the IE incident (at least one of the two IE incidents) has been named (though not verified)?

“MailOnline has learned that the restaurant in question was the Swanley service station branch situated on the A20 East. McDonald's directed enquiries to the Met, who refused to comment.”

Sarah Everard 'murder suspect' 'reported for flashing in takeaway' days before her disappearance | Daily Mail Online

Great spot was trying to find this. @Otto Nix - can you add this location to your amazing case map?

I'm not convinced by the lodging theory even though the commute is crazy long. He was arrested at home in Deal on Tuesday 9th after returning home from a shift at work in London. - Everything we know about Wayne Couzens, the murder suspect and elite protection officer who was relied upon to keep VIPs safe Implies he commutes it. Of course always a chance he was off the following day but still.

I think people are on to something about renting a parking space theory though. MOO

There would also be forensics at that location in all likelihood. It seems a very unlikely one.

?? He was arrested on Tues 9th, and assuming magistrates grant all the possible extensions, it's charge or release at 96 hours.

That's 4 days, so tomorrow night, not tonight ??

(fully expects 'breaking news' pop up the very second after I press 'post')

Plus the hours paused for hospital, I think we are looking at Sunday IMO, Unless they complete their enquiries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07