CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, I also asked for a lot of space when I had checked out of a toxic relationship but felt stuck in the current living situation. I also tried to make my own space by staying in a separate bedroom. IMO MM was emotionally checked out of the relationship, and ready to get out of the marriage completely.

I think LindseyXO said it well above about the loss of control possibly felt by LM.

You definitely could be right. And there doesn't even need to be an affair to push a person over the edge. Maya seems to be very friendly and outgoing with lots of interests and friends. Anyone who is insecure and controlling enough might consider the mere possibility of an affair in the future, especially if their relationship has been rocky for any period of time. When a person like that even senses the loss of control in their relationship, they might do anything in their power to get it back. MOO

Because I have difficulty sometimes getting my point across clearly, I'm just going to add the link I sorta based this opinion on. It's been linked here before but I'll link it again. Hopefully I do it right.

The 8 Stage Progression to Intimate Partner Homicide.

Edit: Sorry. That last paragraph sounds weirdly condescending now that I'm reading back. I mean it in a self depreciating way. I don't want to offend anyone because I use the wrong words sometimes.

The loathing and disdain struck me pretty deeply, as this case has all along due to eerie similarities in personality in her husband and my ex-husband, language used, total and utter hatred. Mine became that way once he realized I was serious about the divorce, he was denial for months but when I finally started seeing someone months later, he flipped out and lost it and became very much like this.... swore I was cheating the whole time, told my family I was on drugs and our kids that I was abandoning them and that I cheated and all sorts of horrid things. So it has struck me this whole time that it seemed very similar in that the behavior flipped once divorce was on the table. I really hope they find her soon. I cannot imagine what her children and her family are going through... they are just wonderfully brave to keep pushing on this.

Near the end, after I asked for a divorce but he wouldn't move out yet, I also needed a lot of space and stayed gone a lot when he was home from work to avoid the conflict at home.... :/

Maybe Heidi Broussard? In her case the husband had past domestic abuse claims, red flags all over the place with his interviews, but alas he was innocent. Definitely not the norm though.
Except he did not disengage, disparage Heidi publically, refuse to speak to investigators, or hire a lawyer. Not comparable! MOO

Have we ever known of a spouse who didn’t fully engage in searching for the missing spouse, disengaged from LE and the family of the missing spouse who didn’t turn out to be involved in the disappearance? Wracking my brain but open to other’s recollections and hoping this is an exception to that pattern.
JMO
Christopher Watts maybe?

MOO

Christopher Watts maybe?

MOO

But Watts did turn out to be involved. I don’t think his family was missing long enough for him to be so detached, although he was certainly strange. My question is if there’s someone who did all the things I described but didn’t turn out to be involved in the spouse’s disappearance.

More from the article:

He said he believed his wife may have left for some alone time the next day, when he was at work, before returning to their bedroom. Drouaillet, however, said the couple both took Friday off work to go to Big Bear.

We had plans and she had been looking forward to the trip,” she added, saying that days earlier May had been asking everyone to order their snowboarding lift pass so they’d be ready when they got to the California resort town.”

So, LM was supposed to be going on the Big Bear trip, too. Maya likely purchased lift passes for her family already, since she was urging other family to get theirs, so I’ll bet she ordered one for LM too.

A Cali Mom Vanished Months Ago. Her Husband Has Gone Silent.

MM's sister, on a a video interview, did mention that she thought it was odd when they went to the house looking for MM, LM didnt mention anything about the Big Bear trip. Sister found it odd that there was no signs of packing for the trip on Friday, nor Saturday.. and that they wouldve expected LM to remind MM to get out of the room and start packing. if LM did think she went out to blow off some steam, hike, or wine tasting.. one would think to still get ready for the trip. But there was no sign of that, according to sister.

3/1/21 The Unsolved Casefile: Where is Maya Millete? - Court TV

MOO

But Watts did turn out to be involved. I don’t think his family was missing long enough for him to be so detached, although he was certainly strange. My question is if there’s someone who did all the things I described but didn’t turn out to be involved in the spouse’s disappearance.
oops. sorry.. im a bird brain sometimes. hmm.. good question. might need to ponder on that one.

Covid brain, I know, we've both had it and it leaves people somewhat foggy, but not all the time. :oops: Am I making sense or is this Covid talking?

Sharing a case, but it isn't about someone seeming exactly like LM, but it's a case where many thought it was the spouse and it wasn't.

Heidi Broussard's husband sure acted so strange when she and the baby were missing. He didn't act uncaring though. Also, he didn't bad mouth Heidi. He gave several interviews, and not only did his story and the details seem fishy, but he seemed to act guilty of something. He was not guilty of anything. OMG. I learned a lesson on that case. Turned out to be her "best friend" killed Heidi to get her hands on the baby to keep as her own.
Found Deceased - TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 *friend, Magen Fieramusca charged* #12 | Page 44 (websleuths.com)

However, here's a case, very similar to Maya's case, and I've mentioned it more than a few times. Evidence was missed and everybody thought this mother ran off on her family. Elizabeth Sullivan was in a freezer for two years before her spouse dumped her body in the bay and he left town with their little girls and his new woman. He got sentenced today. :( Sixteen years is not long enough, IMO. He'll probably get out for "good behavior" in half that time.

Ex-Navy man sentenced 16 years to life for fatally stabbing wife, hiding body | FOX 5 San Diego

BBM, UBM, and MOO

Covid brain, I know, we've both had it and it leaves people somewhat foggy, but not all the time. :oops: Am I making sense or is this Covid talking?

Sharing a case, but it isn't about someone seeming exactly like LM, but it's a case where many thought it was the spouse and it wasn't.

Heidi Broussard's husband sure acted so strange when she and the baby were missing. He didn't act uncaring though. Also, he didn't bad mouth Heidi. He gave several interviews, and not only did his story and the details seem fishy, but he seemed to act guilty of something. He was not guilty of anything. OMG. I learned a lesson on that case. Turned out to be her "best friend" killed Heidi to get her hands on the baby to keep as her own.
Found Deceased - TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 *friend, Magen Fieramusca charged* #12 | Page 44 (websleuths.com)

However, here's a case, very similar to Maya's case, and I've mentioned it more than a few times. Evidence was missed and everybody thought this mother ran off on her family. Elizabeth Sullivan was in a freezer for two years before her spouse dumped her body in the bay and he left town with their little girls and his new woman. He got sentenced today. :( Sixteen years is not long enough, IMO. He'll probably get out for "good behavior" in half that time.

Ex-Navy man sentenced 16 years to life for fatally stabbing wife, hiding body | FOX 5 San Diego

BBM, UBM, and MOO

wow, just read about the sullivan case. Words/descriptions eerily alike with MM's disappearance. Hope answers will be found sooner than that.

Maybe Heidi Broussard? In her case the husband had past domestic abuse claims, red flags all over the place with his interviews, but alas he was innocent. Definitely not the norm though.
I still don’t understand why so many people thought it was her husband, I never thought it was.

He was a mess, the man didn’t know how to act, how to talk to the media. He always looked like he had been crying. He still had his 5/6 year old son to care for and it was both his wife and very small baby missing.

I remember thinking that, with a job that started very early and a new baby, he was probably super sleep deprived anyway.

People thought he was weird, accused him of being on meth, started speculating that he might be autistic, God knows what else. It was ugly and disgusting, that thread was out of control.

He never talked badly about Heidi and was clearly very worried about the baby, he tried really hard to give his account of the last conversation he had with her, going into unnecessary details about that day, but it was really just him trying to be helpful.

Now, and I could be wrong, but even if Maya’s husband didn’t do anything to her, his behavior is not just odd, it’s actually disgusting. He trashed her from day one, he did not participate in any searches, he alienated their children from Maya’s family. None of that is normal.

Have we ever known of a spouse who didn’t fully engage in searching for the missing spouse, disengaged from LE and the family of the missing spouse who didn’t turn out to be involved in the disappearance? Wracking my brain but open to other’s recollections and hoping this is an exception to that pattern.
JMO

We have at least one that is behaving the exact same way LM is, and that's the husband of missing wife Suzanne Morphew. Now, there has been no arrest in that case either, but the similarities in these 2 cases are strikingly similar, down to similar words in statements.

Another very similar case to this one was mom and wife, Maria Guzman- Cordova case, from Vista, CA. Hubby said she left after an argument, leaving her beloved kids and personal belongings behind. Search parties gathered and flyers went out, but hubby stopped commenting. He was eventually arrested for her murder, after they found her body, but mid-trail, the judge released him!

Found Deceased - CA - Maria Guzman-Cordova, 38, San Diego, 13 Oct 2017 *Arrest*

In my opinion, these husbands are out here learning from each other by following true crime online, and it's pretty darned creepy.

We have at least one that is behaving the exact same way LM is, and that's the husband of missing wife Suzanne Morphew. Now, there has been no arrest in that case either, but the similarities in these 2 cases are strikingly similar, down to similar words in statements.

Another very similar case to this one was mom and wife, Maria Guzman- Cordova case, from Vista, CA. Hubby said she left after an argument, leaving her beloved kids and personal belongings behind. Search parties gathered and flyers went out, but hubby stopped commenting. He was eventually arrested for her murder, after they found her body, but mid-trail, the judge released him!

In my opinion, these husbands are out here learning from each other by following true crime online, and it's pretty darned creepy.

Yes, I agree about Suzanne Morphew’s husband. I’ll have to look up the other one you mention.

Sharing a case, but it isn't about someone seeming exactly like LM, but it's a case where many thought it was the spouse and it wasn't

BBM, UBM, and MOO
16 years. smh. No words.

I was outraged to find out Elizabeth Sullivan was in a freezer for two years. Cadaver dogs hit in the garage, and still LE didn't put it all together. Her husband almost got away with it. He said she was running around, staying out all night, and he gave her "space". Their marriage was in an ugly battle, and people act out then. She had seen a divorce attorney that day, then she was gone. It's very similar to this case, IMO.

Her two little girls would've grown up thinking their mom was some party girl who ran away not giving a darn about her children. Nothing can heal that hurt in children. It's an additional cruelty to do to the children and the worried family. LM has said similar things about Maya. You heard what he has said about her, and maybe so have the kids. Not saying he harmed her, but saying he's already put some hurtful ideas in the children's heads and hearts.

"At the sentencing hearing, the prosecutor said that after killing his wife “as their children were in the other room,” Sullivan acted as though she had left home and disappeared of her own accord."

He made her look like the person who had abandoned her family, when that was not the case and he knew it,” allowing them to “twist in the wind and wonder what had happened to her” for the two years she was missing, Lindberg said."

Bolded by Me and MOO

I agree Curious Me. We don’t know if the husband has any involvement in Maya’s disappearance or not. His disparaging remarks about his wife raise eyebrows and are highly inappropriate; most especially under these circumstances.

amateur opinion and speculation

Anybody familiar with the Chula Vista DA from any other cases? Just curious how long they might wait for a body to turn up before they would try and advance the case? Presuming of course they had some circumstantial evidence.
There's a South Bay office, but eventually,
I think it goes through the San Diego District Attorney's Office.
Meet the DA - San Diego County District Attorney (sdcda.org)

This was a recent Chula Vista case. He was found in a barrel in the CV Bay in 2017.
Two arrested in death of young California music producer | Daily Mail Online

GUILTY - CA - Omar Medina, 28, found deceased in barrel floating in Chula Vista Marina, Oct 2017 | Page 10 (websleuths.com) 2021

Thanks, @swedeheart for remembering Maria Guzman Cordova.

I reference this case often as a good example of the DA/Prosecutor only getting one bite at the apple, and what can happen when an arrest is made prematurely -- probably bowing to pressure.

It's also a good lesson in patience, and seeing the heartbreak of a family-- knowing that a killer was set free, and can never be tried for the murder of Maria, all because he was arrested before the DA had sufficient evidence to move the case forward in court.

Thanks, @swedeheart for remembering Maria Guzman Cordova.

I reference this case often as a good example of the DA/Prosecutor only getting one bite at the apple, and what can happen when an arrest is made prematurely -- probably bowing to pressure.

It's also a good lesson in patience, and seeing the heartbreak of a family-- knowing that a killer was set free, and can never be tried for the murder of Maria, all because he was arrested before the DA had sufficient evidence to move the case forward in court.
Excellent post. Keep it handy for all the other threads you'll find yourself on where people are demanding justice. Justice requires strategy, perseverance, patience, and even some luck.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members