Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you fast forward 1 hour and then rewind by -5 Mins, there is a white car on screen at 21.45. I have no idea what kind of car though.

The video won't play though, just the image, that's odd, was it removed by LE?

Where do you live that people don't exercise at 9.30pm o_O

I take my dog out many evenings around that time and there are always other walkers, joggers and cyclists around, with respect that's a nonsensical comment for England, I know the other nations may have different rules

Dulwich which isn’t far away from where this happened and I certainly don’t see young women exercising around my area at that time of the night at this time of year. Also especially now with covid due to the stay home rules. I guess people in Dulwich obey the rules more :p

I am not blaming her so please don’t be ridiculous. I am simply saying it’s the easiest excuse to pull her over on as covid is on everybody’s minds and you can be questioned if the police think you are breach of lockdown laws.

The police can question you if they think you are breaking the rules so if a policeman shows you their badge and asks why your out out it would seem perfectly legit I’m sure. It wouldn’t raise flags as why would it ?!

MOO

As someone who lives in London this would definitely raise flags for me personally! A lone man, not in uniform, nor in a police car - meaning he isn’t on duty. So why would he be stopping random lonesome women in the street- a busy street- with lots of other people around. Why isn’t he asking those people what they’re also doing?

FYI it’s not against lockdown rules to walk in the street.

This is of course my opinion only and we don’t know what happened.

Where do you live that people don't exercise at 9.30pm o_O

I take my dog out many evenings around that time and there are always other walkers, joggers and cyclists around, with respect that's a nonsensical comment for England, I know the other nations may have different rules
There are loads of nightwalkers too.

Dulwich which isn’t far away from where this happened and I certainly don’t see young women exercising around my area at that time of the night at this time of year. Also especially now with covid due to the stay home rules. I guess people in Dulwich obey the rules more :p

I live in Tooting and they're are definitely women out alone exercising at that time of night, maybe less so now but still.

Does anyone have any clue how busy the road there would have been at/around that time?

It's the South Circular, relatively busy but there's a huge lack of traffic coming from Heathrow at the moment. So nothing routing onto Dartford/Dover. So the road probably has a few cars every couple of minutes and a TfL bus every 10-15 minutes.

2021-03-03@21_24GMT.jpg

2021-03-03@21_30GMT.jpg

2021-03-03@21_36GMT.jpg

2021-03-03@21_42GMT.jpg

She does not work in a medical / hospital laboratory. It was reported as an engineering laboratory. I have no idea whether that would be considered essential or not

I have a little team of scientists who make cosmetic products for me and their work is classed as essential because they can’t do it from home. They need to be in the lab. So I’d think hers would be too. JMO.

I don't live in the UK atm; is there a rule against walking as a form of exercise or being out at 9:30pm?

He could have had them both open, pretending to tinker with the car etc, and wait for Sarah to pass who he could start a conversation with / quickly grab and incapacitate and force into the car while the door was open and then jump in himself. JMO
but wouldn't that create a hazard in the road and wouldnt that bring more attention to the vehicle?

tbf, even her friend doesn't know what she would've wanted. I have every sympathy for her friends and family watching her death become a political movement but the murder of women (by police, no less!) IS political. There's no way of getting around it. Her death is two things - 1) personal to everyone who knew her, 2) and yet another act of violence towards women, a final straw if you like. There is such a great response to this case particularly because we can all imagine being in her shoes. And it's wrong that in 2021 women still have reason to fear being safe at 9:32 and in danger by 9:35. Sorry to go off-track.

Anyway, I hope the police manage to keep WC safe until trial. I think it's important that he sees justice, and not by his own hand.

I agree. Granted her friend knew her more than we do but she still didn’t know how Sarah would react to this. If it was someone else in her place, I’m sure Sarah would have come to the Common to take part in the vigil. Everyone has men in their lives who they think are good people - the point is not that men are bad, but that the police need to take reports of violence by men towards women seriously. Her friend said that there was maybe one psychopath but everyone else was fine. Respectfully, there’s far more than one psychopath. If you count all the friends who call their friend’s killer a psychopath then you would have a sizeable list of men. Her friend seems to be unable to see the bigger picture here and I don’t blame her for that since she’s grieving. The fact is that the callous attitude the police have towards women’s safety contributed directly to Sarah’s death. Women are scared to go out, our worst nightmare is being abducted/raped/killed/attacked on the way home and Sarah’s proved that’s not a nightmare, that’s a reality. It may not be all men but the problem is we don’t know which men.

As someone who lives in London this would definitely raise flags for me personally! A lone man, not in uniform, nor in a police car - meaning he isn’t on duty. So why would he be stopping random lonesome women in the street- a busy street- with lots of other people around. Why isn’t he asking those people what they’re also doing?

FYI it’s not against lockdown rules to walk in the street.

This is of course my opinion only and we don’t know what happened.

I guess we are all different, I’m only a few years younger than her and live locally. I wouldn’t know if a cop was on duty or off duty if he showed me a badge and asked me what I was doing so late at night. I think I would become flustered and panic a bit but I don’t think I would ever think a Copper was planning to kill me. I was raised to trust the police and do as they wanted me to do.

The people of Dulwich clearly haven't understood the rules, you can exercise at any time of day :D.

I live fairly rurally but near a market town and 9.30 isn't too late for women to be out running although tbf your post didn't specify that you were only referring to women

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member