Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
sure. Sarah Everard’s body found in builder’s bag, court told
"Another bus camera captured the same car with both front doors open."
Thank you! Interesting it says two figures, could be SE and WC or WC and someone else. If it was obviously SE would the CPS have not said that? Perhaps not if it was unclear, but if it was unclear would this alone be enough evidence for a kidnap charge? I guess coupled with the body and his name/a link to him on the car rental perhaps that would be sufficient.

I guess we are all different, I’m only a few years younger than her and live locally. I wouldn’t know if a cop was on duty or off duty if he showed me a badge and asked me what I was doing so late at night. I think I would become flustered and panic a bit but I don’t think I would ever think a Copper was planning to kill me. I was raised to trust the police and do as they wanted me to do.
Please, do not ever get in a stranger's car with a single man, even if he says he's a policeman.

No way would a real policeman ask you to go anywhere with him alone: even if he never touched you, he'd only have to be accused of sexual misconduct for his career to be over because no witnesses. Even two male officers will call a female officer.

I'm so upset/angry that this vigil, which should have been a peaceful and respectful moment for Sarah, has turned into a screeching, struggling battle of politics and revenge.

The Daily Mail headline right now is Met Police grab women at vigil - hardly conducive to good relations between the police and public. There have apparently been chants of "kill the pigs". I'm absolutely disgusted by the media for inciting hatred and by the people behaving so badly on the common right now; it all started off so beautifully this evening. Sarah's family and friends must be utterly distraught.

The anger and desire for revenge are understandable though. This rage towards the police for not taking women’s safety seriously has peaked with Sarah’s death. If they’d apprehended WC for indecent exposure then maybe he wouldn’t have done what he did to Sarah. I’m sure her family and friends are distraught about what happened at the vigil - when I was there it was peaceful, everyone wore masks and distanced, laid their flowers and lit a candle. I left before things got unseemly. There is a deep anger among women in London that a police officer killed a woman and had a history of lewd behaviour but it took a murder to arrest him. It makes women scared of police officers.

What’s not conducive to good relations between the police and the public is the way the police behaves towards everyone, the racism, the misogyny, the boys will be boys attitude. It’s vile and the relationship between the police and the public in London has been weak for a long time even before Sarah.

I can now understand why Covid has been so bad in this country once again. I feel like Boris Johnson. The rules are clear “ It remains against the law to leave or be outside your home except for legally permitted reasons.  These include

Exercise. You should not travel outside your local area and you can exercise with one other person in a public outdoor place, like a park.

so this is why I believe he pulled her over. You may not agree but I’m allowed to voice my opinion. For me it wouldn’t raise any flags and would seem like a legitimate reason to stop her.

Moo
How the hell is walking on a street at 9:30pm a legitimate reason to stop someone? Covid or not?

Please, do not ever get in a car with a single man, even if he says he's a policeman.

No way would a real policeman ask you to go anywhere with him alone: even if he never touched you, he'd only have to be accused of sexual misconduct for his career to be over because no witnesses. Even two male officers will call a female officer.
Agree, this is my view even before this happened but perhaps I’m more cynical

I think we may all be reading into the both car doors open thing a bit too much. We don’t know how long the footage of this is. If it was taken from a moving bus it may only be a split second. I don’t know why he had the hazard lights on but my guess is possibly habit because he had stopped the car in an area that is red route and you shouldn’t stop. It could have been an unconscious reaction and may explain why they weren’t on in the subsequent bus footage.

I can now understand why Covid has been so bad in this country once again. I feel like Boris Johnson. The rules are clear “ It remains against the law to leave or be outside your home except for legally permitted reasons.  These include

Exercise. You should not travel outside your local area and you can exercise with one other person in a public outdoor place, like a park.

so this is why I believe he pulled her over. You may not agree but I’m allowed to voice my opinion. For me it wouldn’t raise any flags and would seem like a legitimate reason to stop her.

Moo

I think I'm at cross purposes with you then, WC wasn't on duty so had no reason to be stopping anyone, he didn't "pull her over" he allegedly kidnapped her, he wasn't on police business.

JMO

Just re EC - she was arrested at same time as WC. It seems unusual to me for her to be arrested on the apparent first contact with police -meaning if he provided him with an alibi there and then would police be able to say “no - we have evidence otherwise, you’re under arrest.”

admittedly I don’t know too much about the operational proceedings of this kind of investigation, but seems unusual to me if she was arrested for providing an alibi? Would false info not be in an official statement which mightnt have been taken at this point? Just something to note.

Im in Ireland and I have my candle in the window for Sarah - just to note the reach of these vigils.

It's a thing you hold in your hand and press and it makes a shocking noise. when I was at college back in the 80s all girls were given them free and always carried them. it seems times have changed.

Funnily enough the other week I found mine that I was given at uni in 1992. Still works. Nearly gave me a heart attack and it was me pulling the pin!

Better these days to have one of this panic guard mobile apps that have been talked about on various threads recently. Though I'm not sure it would have helped Sarah if her phone was disabled/thrown/taken off her immediately.

Last edited:
Thank you! Interesting it says two figures, could be SE and WC or WC and someone else. If it was obviously SE would the CPS have not said that? Perhaps not if it was unclear, but if it was unclear would this alone be enough evidence for a kidnap charge? I guess coupled with the body and his name/a link to him on the car rental perhaps that would be sufficient.
You need to remember, it was just a summary for the court record. But look out for it at trial!

Sorry, what is your post in relation to? You've piqued my interest?

There's a poster lives opposite WC's house and has been describing events there. Someone is questioning whether this poster is genuinely where they say they are; someone is pointing that fairy lights etc can be seen in the poster's photos, touches that show it's from a home and not someone randomly standing outside and taking pics.

The hire car still baffles me ... not sure what he would gain from it ? It seems it was traced very quickly to him .

I really do not think covid regulations were part of this ...walking along a rd alone is not breaking any rules and imo she was too far away from her friends flat for covid to be relevant...imo he called her towards the car for some reason and maybe forced her into the car with a weapon...it was too public a road for too much of a noisy struggle...and I really do not think she would sit in his car ...a white astra would bear no resemblance to an unmarked police car ...and I do not think many people would get into an unmarked car with just "one" Officer even if in uniform.

How the hell is walking on a street at 9:30pm a legitimate reason to stop someone? Covid or not?

IMO Police have used all their authority related to covid rule breaking around the UK since the measures were first introduced. Whilst we are coming out of another lockdown and measures aren't as enforced as they were, WC would have used this to his advantage as do many other PCs. Control has gone to their heads. We saw countless news stories about it over the past year.

SE may have felt she was breaking rules and in the wrong. Speculation yes, but likely IMO.

I think it can be awkward to be out walking with these covid regulations though, I wouldn't be surprised if a police officer stopped me and asked about it. I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't like it but it's law and stuff, I'm personally not super sure on the law myself and I doubt many of us are
I also think her past experience with police may come into play with this sort of stuff. Student town police are usually very approachable, and I could see that leaving a lasting impression on someone

I think I'm at cross purposes with you then, WC wasn't on duty so had no reason to be stopping anyone, he didn't "pull her over" he allegedly kidnapped her, he wasn't on police business.

JMO

how exactly would Sarah know he was off duty if he showed her his badge?

Did he have a sign saying “ he was off duty”?

you don’t know he didn’t park up and then asked to speak to her showing her his badge as we have heard zero evidence of any kind of a struggle or screams or any indication that she didn’t get in his car willingly that night.

so if she did get in his car willingly then you have to ask how did he manage to get a complete stranger in his car without a struggle!!

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members