Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random thought, Astra’s are one of the most common Borough squad cars in the U.K. White has both the psychology of a police car and would be an obvious colour for an unmarked.

Goes without saying a hire car would be new.

If you wanted to spin a yarn about being an undercover policeman on duty along with some other items like a warrant card you probably couldn’t get a more convincing car then a new white Astra. Probably looks far more plausible then pulling up in a 12 year old Land Rover discovery. And if trying to not spook someone perception is vital

May be purely coincidental. And probably have only so much choice with a hire company.

Usual caveat that no one has been found guilty of anything

This thread has moved so fast.

Thank you.

I do think quite a lot of women and men are missing the point. I don't think anyone sensible has suggested that all men are to blame for what happened to Sarah, but the truth of the matter is most women have been harassed or sexually assaulted at some point in their lives. Before I got a car I was harassed on a daily basis by men from all types of professions. I remember when I was 12 years old, I was approached by a man in a suit in a station as I waiting for my sister. He asked if I wanted to get a drink with him, when I said no I was under age he still tried to coax me in to going to a restaurant with him. We were in public, he could see I was underage but he was still so brazen. He could visably see I was scared, and when I walked off he followed me for ages watching me. He was really well spoken and carrying a brief case. He knew exactly what he was doing.

By the time I was 15 I had been sexually assaulted. This is just a small part of my story and I realise some women have had much more terrifying and darker experiences.

I get why women are angry, I get why they want to politicise this. We are fed up and tired of having to live our lives in fear. I don't agree with taking our frustrations out on the police in this way, but I think it's undeniable that the police have a lot to answer for when it comes to not doing enough to protect women.

This is a wonderful post :)

He may have done something very unusual and hard to predict. I find this case especially disturbing. For example the passenger door been caught on cctv open could be her attempting to get out and hes pulling her back in. Who knows

Or he doesn't feel uncomfortable at all and revels in the attention (not even MOO, just a reasonable possibility, people who take women from the street and murder them are not like the rest of us).
Yes, the monster who took Alesha MacPhail was reported to have seemingly enjoyed the trial /got kicks out of it and done his best to make the procedure as difficult as possible for her family. Alesha MacPhail murder: Life sentence for Aaron Campbell after he admits guilt Evil.

my understanding from the JonBenet Ramsay case investigations is that most people hit with a taser scream and shout, too.
Fairly sure it was a stun gun used on JBR, stun guns are illegal in he UK and certainly not part of a copper's instrument remit.

A man who has chosen to kidnap a lone woman from the street isn’t thinking up a way to entice her into his car IMO. He stops, grabs her by force and drives away. This idea he thinks up breaking Covid rules is nonsensical IMO

Stops, leaves his door open so he can quickly jump back in, opens passenger door, bundles her in, runs round and drives off. Done in 15 seconds.

Maybe he did force her into the car, there was also a lot of forensics around the railing which police may believe she clung on to. I find this really hard to believe in this location, especially because nobody heard any screams. It’s very odd

Yes, lots of people up at 9:30pm, at least 12 flats within about 30 feet of the driveway, about 50 within about 80 feet.

With respect to Sarah's friend, and to you, I disagree. Of course the person who murdered SE is the only one responsible for it, that goes without saying. But the culture in which that murderer lives, the culture and society in which women don't feel safe to walk the streets, or go for a night out, or walk to their cars alone, or take their dogs for a walk after dark, or walk to the end of their drive at 10pm to put the bins out, or turn down a stranger's advances, or to be impolite to a strange man, or to travel on public transport alone, or to trust somebody who says they're a policeman - that's a different matter entirely.

I guess it depends where you live then, as none of that feels very familiar to me. It must be awful to live your life in fear like that.

Thankfully for the majority of people who attended the vigil this evening, it was a positive and reflective moment for Sarah.

SARAH EVERARD DID NOT GET INTO CAR BY FREE WILL:

"unlawfully and by force took or carried away Sarah Everard against her will" - those are the CPS' words.

If he 'tricked' her into the car, it wouldn't use the word force, because the kidnapping charge can differentiate "by fraud" or "by force".

Police officer accused of abducting and murdering Sarah Everard appears in court
Fraud and force makes me wonder if he approached SE asked for the time, directions if she could make a call for him because he forgot his phone, (the fraud) whatever- SE obliged or was going to help or turn away, then ambushed and thrown into the vehicle (the force).
Complete speculation.imo.

I appreciate I'm new here but I found this page as WC lives in my hometown. More specifically a road away from me and 3 doors down from where my nan lived before she died. I have no reason to disbelieve LL as everything she has said is not mentioned specifically in the town gossip or by newspapers. And why would she lie? The police have even everywhere and questioning the people in the flats (I have a friend who lives there). The helicopters here daily have been relentless.

but if she got in the car willingly and then he forcible restrains her then that would also cover this no?

Maybe, but I don't see the CCTV being so clear as to be able to show this. I think it's more likely the CCTV shows her being bundled into the car - they must have evidence as to how she got into the car to be able to confidently bring a charge of "kidnap by force." All the CCTV I've seen so far is pretty blurry, and whatever is happening inside the cars is virtually impossible to make out.

Fraud and force makes me wonder if he approached SE asked for the time, directions if she could make a call for him because he forgot his phone, (the fraud) whatever- SE obliged or was going to help or turn away, then ambushed and thrown into the vehicle (the force).
Complete speculation.imo.

but the charge is by force doesn’t mention by fraud?

Hello, first time poster!

Two points:

1. The police rearrested WC for murder BEFORE they found Sarah's body, didn't they? I wonder if this is because the cadaver search dogs had reacted to something seized, such as the cars, or whether they had extracted any compelling information from the wife. Or perhaps this was a necessary procedural step to start asking a different set of questions.

2. WC's message to his supervisor about stress on 5 March is the same day that news about Sarah's disappearance first came into the public domain via social media and the Missing People site. Seeing this, it may have been the first time the accused had to confront the reality of the alleged crimes in the cold light of day. Many offenders operate normally most of the time and keep a curtain over their darker compulsions, even to themselves. This was potentially a sudden pulling back of the curtain and realisation the alleged crimes had not gone undetected for ages like sometimes happens in other cases.

Similarly, the email on 6 March regarding no longer wishing to handle weapons coincides with the day of the first public appeal from the Metropolitan Police. So perhaps that caused stress, reflection and panic and either genuine concern about his capacities once reality started to flood in, or it was part of a cynical ploy to lay down deteriorating mental health as a defence as others have theorised.

The hire car is causing concerns to one or two correspondents on here.

Given that Mr C travels a fair distance to and from work maybe his own car was out of action and hiring one was his best and logical option in the short term ?
Do we know if the cars taken away were roadworthy?

I guess it depends where you live then, as none of that feels very familiar to me. It must be awful to live your life in fear like that.

Thankfully for the majority of people who attended the vigil this evening, it was a positive and reflective moment for Sarah.

I lit my candle tonight on my doorstep. I live in a town centre side street, a fairly busy road at the bottom, but no lighting. I didn’t even manage 5 minutes on my own doorstep. Maybe past experience but alone in the dark, even by my own front door I can’t say I felt ‘safe’.

in my mind unmarked police cars are used for undercover crimes or to catch motorists speeding... Hardly think walking alone would require an undercover investigation and I would never expect to be stopped by an undercover police officer for anything other than a serious crime eg drug dealing. Hence why it doesn’t make sense for WC to stop SE under pretense of breaking lockdown rules
Do umarked police cars in the UK have flashing emergency lights like they do in the US?

Do we know how long he had the hire car? I can't seem to find any confirmation as to whether he had it for awhile or just recently rented it. Can a leased car also be called a hire car?

SARAH EVERARD DID NOT GET INTO CAR BY FREE WILL:

"unlawfully and by force took or carried away Sarah Everard against her will" - those are the CPS' words.

If he 'tricked' her into the car, it wouldn't use the word force, because the kidnapping charge can differentiate "by fraud" or "by force".

Police officer accused of abducting and murdering Sarah Everard appears in court
I think as a matter of law, she could have got into the car voluntarily (eg for a lift home (not saying this happened)) but he drives past her area, she asks him to stop, he doesn’t, I think that at that point the criminal act starts - the “force” element would be the use of a car the victim can’t escape from. In my view, Just because a victim does one voluntary act, doesn’t mean that the criminal act can’t start at another related point.

hi..i’m new to this site & after reading all the threads from this shocking story of Sarah’s disappearance i’d like to share my thoughts..i believe the bus cam footage is probably the best evidence as it must show WC maybe trying to bundle SE into the car after a struggle that’s why a kidnap charge is there..also i find the resemblance between SE & WCs wife uncanny..maybe WC & his wife had had an argument beforehand or on the days up until Sarah was taken & with all the other stress of WC losing his father & his indecent exposure coming to light he was on the edge,WC may have seen SE earlier on her walk home this gave him chance to get down a road & make up a story either covid related or otherwise to get SEs attention..he’s then got SE in the car & took her to the disused garage..if he was angry with his wife & Sarah looked like her god knows what this monster did to her..maybe he kept Sarah alive for a couple of days..hence why he phoned in sick saying he was stressed so that would give him time to dispose of Sarah..this is an awful case but i hope WC is kept alive & suffers for the rest of his life..the only tiny shred of positivity from all this is maybe things will change now for a start to a safer uk where men & woman can feel safe to walk at night..i feel for Sarah’s parents,friends & family at this time..it’s truly heartbreaking..R.I.P Sarah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood