Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many details for a timeline here...

Sarah Everard’s body found in builder’s bag, court told

13 March 2021

The prosecutor said Ms Everard had visited a friend in the Clapham Junction area on March 3 and left at around 9pm to make the approximately 2.5-mile journey home.

She called her boyfriend for around 14 minutes and the court heard there has been no further activity on her mobile phone since then, adding that the phone has not yet been recovered.

It is not clear whether the phone had been switched off or run out of battery, she added.

Ms Everard was caught alone on CCTV at quarter past nine, caught again on a camera at 9.28pm, and later caught on the camera of a marked police car at 9.32pm.

At around 9.35pm, a bus camera captured two figures on Poynders Road and a white Vauxhall Astra with its hazard lights flashing.

Another bus camera captured the same car with both front doors open.

[..]

The registration of the vehicle – later confirmed to be a car hired in Dover – was captured and tracked by police as it left London towards Kent.

[..]

On March 2 he began a 12-hour shift at 7pm before going on leave.

He was due back at work on March 8 but on March 5 he reported that he was suffering from stress.

On March 6 he emailed his supervisor to say he did not want to carry a firearm anymore.

Banned Vigil for Sarah Everard Becomes Large Anti-Violence Rally Instead
merlin_184992330_4ac92d5c-dcef-4c95-aaa8-5198d9cbd5f5-articleLarge.jpg

Thousands of people attended the vigil in London on Saturday.Credit...Justin Tallis/Agence France-Presse — Getty Images

gifer

I feel so conflicted on this point. I think its excellent this issue is gaining such attention but it doesn't sit well with me that this is the message being sent while her family and friends aren't comfortable with that being SEs story, it feels like a second wave of abuse on this poor family.

And training. Parliamentary and diplomatic protection must surely involve training to get control over people far more capable of resistance than an ordinary unprepared woman just walking home

All UK police officers in Home Office forces are trained in arrest and restraint, and self-defence. In addition officers carry baton, handcuffs and incapacitant spray. Some, mostly uniformed patrolling officers and firearms officers, are authorised to carry and deploy a taser. About 10% of the Metropolitan Police establishment, including some plain clothes departments, are authorised firearms officers.

Last edited:
There
Young woman on her own, during the pandemic, opens the door to a random car with a man in it, who's exposing himself; not that it would be easy to see that from someone sitting down? It's speculated that her phone went dead when she was kidnapped, so who's to say she couldn't have kept going and phoned the police? Or knocked on a door and asked someone else to call if her battery was low?

please! why should she go towards a car where a man was exposing him self? She was attacked.

everyone behaves differently when fear strikes....you may think thats what she could do,but she might have just froze.
I'm glad you said this. A lot of people are under the impression that it's impossible she was in the front seat without fighting back unless she was unconscious. But just like response to rape it is common to completely freeze. She might have thought that if she complied he would be less likely to harm her. He could have threatened putting her in the boot if she resisted etc. Of course this is speculation/MOO, something bad happened to me with a taxi driver and I was so frozen with fear that I didn't do anything

This post lands at random.

BROKEN QUOTES:

Do not reply to broken quotes. The original post and your post containing the broken quote will be removed

Members are responsible for previewing their posts to make sure they appear correctly. When one member posts a broken quote and it gets requoted over and over, eventually it becomes impossible to know who originally said what as the wrong words get attributed to another member. Not nice !

The word QUOTE in square brackets starts the quote and the /QUOTE in square brackets ends the quote. Those words or symbols in square brackets are commands, html language that determines how your post will appear.

When you click on Reply, always remember to NOT type anything inside those square brackets. DO NOT MESS WITH SQUARE BRACKETS ;) You can avoid them entirely by taking your cursor past that last set of square brackets that contain the /QUOTE, drop down a line or two and type your response.

If you do not understand the above, please private message a Mod or Admin and we will walk you through it. We’d rather spend a few minutes doing that than spend time trying to clean up the mess it makes, or having to close a thread so it doesn’t get even worse.

Thank you.

everyone behaves differently when fear strikes....you may think thats what she could do,but she might have just froze.

I’ve been a member here for a very long time, but I rarely post. This thread has inspired me a few times though because it’s so close to home.

This is a really important point. Walking home one evening in the dark, but residential city area, I had a man point a knife at my neck and tell me to take my coat off. I took my coat off. He then told me to undo my trousers and at that point I realised his intentions. I always thought I would shout for help or do all the things people tell us to do in those situations but I did none of them. I quietly and calmly pleaded with him not to do what he wanted to, and then I grabbed his knife by the blade. Because we were both shocked I managed to push his arms towards him, duck under them and run away. I suffered a lot with the trauma of not only what happened (the whole story is longer but that’s the bit that’s relevant now) but also the feeling of how absolutely stupid I was for having the reaction I did instead of the one I thought I’d have which would be to shout for help and draw attention to the situation. In the 12 months prior I’d already had an assault/ attempted sexual assault happen to me that had been reported to the police and had gone through all the ways to act and protect myself. You can never ever know how you will act in these situations. All the theories of how Sarah was taken and how she may have acted are moot as it’s so down to how you function on a base level. She might have been like me and thought she could reason with him and make him feel empathy for her.

I was terrified already and this just makes me so angry.

So do I - he’s a coward. I think he will manage it somehow.
Sarah Everard’s body found in builder’s bag, court told
Does the accused look like he is feeling remorse for what he has allegedly done, or because he got caught, or simply because his head hurts?
12409657.jpg

Court artist sketch of serving police constable Wayne Couzens appearing in the dock at Westminster Magistrates’ Court
2.58578208.jpg

A police officer places flowers left by members of the public at the site as Metropolitan Police continue their search near Great Chart, Kent (Gareth Fuller/PA)
''Before his court appearance, Scotland Yard said that Couzens, of Deal in Kent, was taken to hospital for a second time in 48 hours on Friday for treatment to another head injury sustained in custody, before he was discharged and returned to a police station.''

I feel so conflicted on this point. I think its excellent this issue is gaining such attention but it doesn't sit well with me that this is the message being sent while her family and friends aren't comfortable with that being SEs story, it feels like a second wave of abuse on this poor family.

Also they have not been consulted or had any say whether they want their daughter's name connected to it.
I agree it is abuse. They should not be having to cope with this .

The last thing they need is to have their daughter's name connected to violence after the horrific ordeal Sarah went through.

I’ve been a member here for a very long time, but I rarely post. This thread has inspired me a few times though because it’s so close to home.

This is a really important point. Walking home one evening in the dark, but residential city area, I had a man point a knife at my neck and tell me to take my coat off. I took my coat off. He then told me to undo my trousers and at that point I realised his intentions. I always thought I would shout for help or do all the things people tell us to do in those situations but I did none of them. I quietly and calmly pleaded with him not to do what he wanted to, and then I grabbed his knife by the blade. Because we were both shocked I managed to push his arms towards him, duck under them and run away. I suffered a lot with the trauma of not only what happened (the whole story is longer but that’s the bit that’s relevant now) but also the feeling of how absolutely stupid I was for having the reaction I did instead of the one I thought I’d have which would be to shout for help and draw attention to the situation. In the 12 months prior I’d already had an assault/ attempted sexual assault happen to me that had been reported to the police and had gone through all the ways to act and protect myself. You can never ever know how you will act in these situations. All the theories of how Sarah was taken and how she may have acted are moot as it’s so down to how you function on a base level. She might have been like me and thought she could reason with him and make him feel empathy for her.

I was terrified already and this just makes me so angry.

I'm so sorry this happened to you. I completely agree, I know how I act in the face of conflict and danger and it's not running away or defending myself. My first instinct is to plead and try to appeal to the persons better nature. I think this is what I would have done if I'd been in Sarah's position.

By force...

...may apply to the whole of the ordeal.

As to the Astra, parked with doors open.... if he was in search of a victim that night, he may have seen her, followed her, circled around, then stopped ahead.... leaves the car with hazards on, doors open. As a diversion. Surely that'd be a peculiar thing to walk upon. If he hid himself in a shadow or doorway, he could have stepped out behind her, instantly incapacitated her, with threat of weapon, hand over mouth, arm wrenched behind her back. You're not going to scream, you're going to walk this way with me.

Decades ago, in MN, a young gas station attendant was kidnapped by force, assaulted and murdered. Chilling footage from the service station showed her walking out with him, no struggle but stilted. Easy to figure he had her in a painful hold. He had the power.

I wonder if the CCTV footage which showed two figures captured exactly that same stark image. One directly behind the other, forcing the first one forward. To her tragic, brutal and senseless death, just like the girl from MN. Katie.

We never forget the names.

Too many names.

JMO

Last edited:
I really like the previous poster (can’t remember who, thread is moving fast!) mentioning that some Astra’s have only two doors and you go through the front door to access the back seats. Obvious we don’t know if this was the case yet, but it makes getting out of a car much more difficult if your sitting there.

But if he was renting a car for this express reason, would he prefer a 3 door vehicle where you have to struggle to get the victim into the back seat, or a 4 door and risk them being able to undo the childproof locks or such?

I think the 4 door would have been the more obvious choice.

I'm so sorry this happened to you. I completely agree, I know how I act in the face of conflict and danger and it's not running away or defending myself. My first instinct is to plead and try to appeal to the persons better nature. I think this is what I would have done if I'd been in Sarah's position.
That is so brave. I’m sorry this happened to you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member