Found Safe TN - Daphne Westbrook, 16, & dog, Chattanooga, kidnapped, 6 Oct 2019 *endangered*

Just came across her on FB. Let's bring her home. The "only" good thing about all this, is that it at least appears as though she's with somebody who cares, vs. being randomly abducted. The fact that she sent a message to a friend tells us she still has the ability to communicate.

MAR 2, updated MAR 12, 2021
UPDATE: AMBER Alert issued for missing Chattanooga teen and fath - WRCBtv.com | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports
UPDATE: The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said Friday that a new lead has placed John Westbrook and his teen daughter, Daphne Westbrook in Florida a week ago.

The post on the TBI's Twitter page says that Westbrook could be driving a 1971 Volkswagen Beetle, with fading orange paint and body damage. The VW has no license plate and is missing its rear windshield.

[...]

Tennessee Bureau of Investigation on Twitter
KEY #TNAMBERAlert DEVELOPMENT: The most recent information in the search for Daphne Westbrook and her non-custodial father, John, likely places them in Florida one week ago. They may be driving this 1971 Volkswagen Beetle, with no plate or windshield. Spot them? 1-800-TBI-FIND!
EwS56-HWYAAHjO4

11:21 AM · Mar 12, 2021

MAR 12, 2021
Kidnapped Tennessee teen, father spotted in Florida Panhandle (fox13news.com)
[...]

Authorities in Tennessee said they received a credible sighting of 17-year-old Daphne Westbrook and her father, 42-year-old John Oliver Westbrook, who kidnapped her in October 2019.

The two were spotted in Fort Walton Beach, near Pensacola, on March 6 in a rusty, orange, 1971 Volkswagen Beetle -- a vehicle investigators said is owned by John Westbrook. The vehicle has no license plate or windshield.

vw-beetle-john-daphne-westbrook-tn-kidnapping.jpg

Authorities said the Florida Department of Law Enforcement is working with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation to activate Florida's Amber Alert system following the sighting.

[...]

After the teen managed to send a secret message to a friend, investigators raided the Sebring home of John Westbrook's sister, who had been in communication with her brother. Authorities confiscated the sister's electronic devices.

[...]

John Westbrook is wanted by Hamilton County Sheriff's Office for aggravated kidnapping and custodial interference.

[...]

MAR 12, 2021
MEPIC :: Alert Results (state.fl.us)

AMBER Alert issued for kidnapped Tennessee teen spotted in Florida Panhandle | WEAR (weartv.com)
A Florida Amber Alert has been issued Friday afternoon for a missing Tennessee teen who was believed to be spotted recently in the Florida Panhandle.

[...]

According to the Hamilton County District Attorney's Office, John Westbrook has a sister that lives in Sebring, Florida. Authorities believe he might have been trying to go there.

The FBI interviewed her on Friday and executed a search warrant at her home.

Florida Amber Alert issued for Tennessee teen girl missing more than 1 year – Action News Jax

XQQTFEPKHFAG5GKEBRWYLMKNTI.JPG

The most recent information in the search for Daphne and John likely places them in Florida one week ago, where a 1971 orange VW Beetle with no front license plate or windshield was spotted.

Last edited:
MAR 12, 2021
Daphne Westbrook sighting in Florida - WDEF
[...]

A Hamilton County grand jury indicted the father a couple of weeks ago and the TBI has issued a new Amber Alert just this week, hoping to stir up leads in other states. Now they believe it worked.

A woman called authorities about a possible sighting last week near Fort Walton, Florida. She described a 1971 Volkswagen Beetle that they may be in with no plate or windshield. Investigators had that vehicle description, but had not released it to the public.

Just got an Amber Alert about Daphne today in Florida on my phone. Definitely keeping an eye out. Surprised how long this case has been open. Hope she’s okay. <3

same here received it yesterday. In looking into in a little last night sounds like they have had multiple sitings in panhandle and Tampa area. He had some sort of communication with his sister in Sebring. Seems his whole family has been helping him all along.

Kidnapped teen's secret message, father's communication with Florida relative produce new leads
This was an article posted 2 days ago in one of the sited areas. If it’s not in the article it’s just my opinion as I did not save all my links.

Interesting that they're traveling in a vehicle that stands out so much. I can't think of too many vehicles that are less conspicuous than a 70s orange Beetle with no license plates or windshield...

Last edited:
BBM
A new stepfather raises questions to me.
Her father also raises some questions too.
Sometimes there are two or three sides to the story.

As soon as I saw “Stepfather”, this story started making a tiny bit more sense. I was having trouble with the idea that Rhona had no idea her ex husband was dangerous. Like, was he another Chris Watts? Maybe -MOO- if Daphne were having issues with her stepfather (and I’m just theorizing here, no accusations), he went into protective mode and went about it the wrong way? If his sisters felt the same way, their actions would make sense, viewed through that lens.

but again, just a theory.

People online are finally starting to get wind of this wild situation and I've read some more info on it today (if you Google her name you'll be able to find some very detailed write-ups online of the case). Prayers for both Daphne and her mom.. can't imagine what her mama must be going through

Once Daphne is free and safe, if she lets everyone know what she needs/wants, CPS will probably step in. If she doesn’t feel safe with Mom & StepDad, they’ll find a safe place for her. At 17, almost 18, she’ll age out quickly but it should be enough to get the wheels in motion for her independence. Wishing her a healthy and safe start to a new life quickly!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back