Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
This might be a very stupid question from a non British person. I get that Dover reasonably close to all the locations but would there be any significant in that as a rental location, are some of the companies operating here less "high tech" or security conscious
Dover will definitely have several car rental agencies, unlike many other Kent towns, who may have one or two and be on reduced hours. Dover would be ideal place for car rental, possibly near 24 hour opening, especially with all the ferries and passengers to/from France. Plus, Dover is close to Deal where WC lives.

Maybe not so much that it's political but we're in the middle of a pandemic and the original organisation that called for the vigil then called it off after it was announced it would be illegal.
I actually feel sorry for the Police who are doing their job of upholding the law and keeping the peace and having to deal with an illegal mass crowd during a pandemic and also the distress about the case, while having abuse hurled at them - they did not commit the crime themselves.

I think it's turned out a bit of a mess. And unpleasant to see women being restrained by men after the emotive kidnap and murder. But there were plenty of people not going out to demonstrate (and a vigil isn't the same as a demonstration) by lighting a candle at home or doing an online event.

I think it's very sad that the vigil has led to more hatred and violence. People who attended seemed to feel strongly about being there - but if it hadn't been announced in the first place (during a pandemic when crowds are not permitted) it might not have turned out like this.

They didn't call it off because it was illegal, they had planned it with safety measures in place to make sure it was socially distant etc. They called it off because the Met insisted, and it was pretty obvious a lot of people would still go but then wouldn't have the organisers making sure it was as safe as possible.

Emotions are running so high right now that I don't think people can be blamed for getting upset and things getting out of hand.

This might be a very stupid question from a non British person. I get that Dover reasonably close to all the locations but would there be any significant in that as a rental location, are some of the companies operating here less "high tech" or security conscious

WC's family had a family garage business in the area where WC worked for 20 years before joining the police. Business shut in 2015 ,but I imagine WC still knows contacts in the car business including rentals.

I read it earlier this evening and I absolutely respect this friend's feelings, but I also see why people got upset tonight. Sarah's murder is part of a wider picture that has been coming to a boiling point for a long time, and it isn't isolated to just being this one man.

This has struck such a chord precisely because so many of us have had a horrifying number of our own experiences that we know could have led to harm, and in many instances did lead to harm. Sarah could have been any of us or our loved ones, that's why this resonates and why we're feeling so much grief for her - it's far too relatable. WC is very sadly not the first and not the last man to harm a woman.

Last edited:
It's also quite a narrow stretch of road on that corner to have doors left wide open in the lane of traffic. It's not wide enough for a car to overtake keeping in lane, unless the car was parked up on the pavement.

The three minutes + any unknown extra time until he drove away doesn't sound as if Sarah was compliant to me.

JMO

If you look at the Google earth street view of Poynder Court, the north side of the street where the road was closed off by LE and the crew was in the white paper suits, there is a generous brick driveway on that side with enough space to get a small car fully off the road. There is also a bin enclosure that surrounds some green wheelies. I think it would be easy to drive onto that driveway sidewise and get both doors open without obstructing traffic and then drive back into the traffic stream without much problem.

Which makes me wonder if he had noticed this wide spot before and had it in mind for the next young women who came along.

Just My Opinion, only

I'm not completely caught up but wondering if we know whether SE was targeted (ie perp knew her or had seen her previously) or whether it was completely random? Also wondering if this was planned ahead of time or spontaneous? It's all just so horrific.

They didn't call it off because it was illegal, they had planned it with safety measures in place to make sure it was socially distant etc. They called it off because the Met insisted, and it was pretty obvious a lot of people would still go but then wouldn't have the organisers making sure it was as safe as possible.

Emotions are running so high right now that I don't think people can be blamed for getting upset and things getting out of hand.
I agree. What were the police even doing there. There would have been no trouble if they had just left it alone. This is not ordinary everyday stuff. Totally tone deaf of them. They had to know that people (and not only women) had reason to resent them and then they come in and start being heavy handed.

Just posting MMM facts:

"His main job was uniformed patrol of diplomatic buildings and Scotland Yard said he was not on duty at the time of Everard’s disappearance...
Sarah Everard: Met officer appears in court charged with kidnap and murder

I think if the goal is to end all forms of violence and abuse, then showing how to express strong emotions without losing control would be more effective

Hi everyone newbie here, Im sorry if my points have already been raised. I've been trying to keep up while working too and the threads are moving at quite a pace.

1. In terms of WC wearing a uniform out of hours, am I right in thinking that the photo of him with the breathalyser where he is in uniform, was taken after his arrest at his home, and after his shift on the 8th? That would suggest to me that he is able to access uniform out of work hours.

2. If this is the case, it might well explain why he would stop and put the hazards on, maybe to complete fake paperwork with SE and then remove her phone and force her into the car stating non compliance. This might explain why buses would not think anything different of a policeman at the side of the road. In terms of Covid, he could well use the excuse "I've been following you since you left the back entrance of your friends house" etc as there would probably be a chance he did actually follow her. Especially with time on his hands. (I really feel for the bus drivers that captured the car footage as they are probably now thinking that they could have stopped the event).

3. If he finished the shift at 7am on the 3rd, this would give him a chance to leave for home, then return to London for 7pm by lying to EC and pretending that he was actually going to work and hiding from her that he had annual leave. This might also explain why she might unknowingly support him as a false alibi saying that he was in work when he wasn't, thus leading to her arrest. He could then easily travel to collect his hire car and head over to London. I did also consider the possibility of human trafficking/Dover connection. I just don't want to think to what extent his crimes could be. I used to work with the local authority rehoming ex-offenders. Some of very, very serious crimes, which I try to stop myself from thinking of when I watch things happening on the news.

4. Maybe his request not to use firearms any more might link to a use of a firearm against Sarah. Maybe an element of guilt came into it (who knows).

Random musings from me. I don't want to consider the events around her death. But I've walked alone on streets many, many times and felt uneasy and I've been trying to consider why I might get into a car, even if I felt uneasy. But I think we do need to remember that WCs actions are not going to follow rule books. We'll never understand why he would do what he is alleged to have done and we'll never be able to piece it together ourselves because our minds won't go there. It's possible that this is the peak of a history of offences and now he's hit his peak he knows he won't get that "rush" or whatever again, and now his mental health is in rapid decline. Maybe there is guilt within that which would exacerbate the decline. We just can't ever understand his reasoning. Thankfully.

RIP beautiful Sarah xxxx

I'm not completely caught up but wondering if we know whether SE was targeted (ie perp knew her or had seen her previously) or whether it was completely random? Also wondering if this was planned ahead of time or spontaneous? It's all just so horrific.
The police and her family and friends say that she was unknown to him but others keep insisting that she must have had some contact with him, like men have never abducted strangers before.

Hi everyone newbie here, Im sorry if my points have already been raised. I've been trying to keep up while working too and the threads are moving at quite a pace.

1. In terms of WC wearing a uniform out of hours, am I right in thinking that the photo of him with the breathalyser where he is in uniform, was taken after his arrest at his home, and after his shift on the 8th? That would suggest to me that he is able to access uniform out of work hours.

2. If this is the case, it might well explain why he would stop and put the hazards on, maybe to complete fake paperwork with SE and then remove her phone and force her into the car stating non compliance. This might explain why buses would not think anything different of a policeman at the side of the road. In terms of Covid, he could well use the excuse "I've been following you since you left the back entrance of your friends house" etc as there would probably be a chance he did actually follow her. Especially with time on his hands. (I really feel for the bus drivers that captured the car footage as they are probably now thinking that they could have stopped the event).

3. If he finished the shift at 7am on the 3rd, this would give him a chance to leave for home, then return to London for 7pm by lying to EC and pretending that he was actually going to work and hiding from her that he had annual leave. This might also explain why she might unknowingly support him as a false alibi saying that he was in work when he wasn't, thus leading to her arrest. He could then easily travel to collect his hire car and head over to London. I did also consider the possibility of human trafficking/Dover connection. I just don't want to think to what extent his crimes could be. I used to work with the local authority rehoming ex-offenders. Some of very, very serious crimes, which I try to stop myself from thinking of when I watch things happening on the news.

4. Maybe his request not to use firearms any more might link to a use of a firearm against Sarah. Maybe an element of guilt came into it (who knows).

Random musings from me. I don't want to consider the events around her death. But I've walked alone on streets many, many times and felt uneasy and I've been trying to consider why I might get into a car, even if I felt uneasy. But I think we do need to remember that WCs actions are not going to follow rule books. We'll never understand why he would do what he is alleged to have done and we'll never be able to piece it together ourselves because our minds won't go there. It's possible that this is the peak of a history of offences and now he's hit his peak he knows he won't get that "rush" or whatever again, and now his mental health is in rapid decline. Maybe there is guilt within that which would exacerbate the decline. We just can't ever understand his reasoning. Thankfully.

RIP beautiful Sarah xxxx
The breathalyser photo is from a few years ago
Sarah Everard: Serving Met Police officer, 48, arrested over disappearance | Daily Mail Online

Just posting MMM facts:e

"His main job was uniformed patrol of diplomatic buildings and Scotland Yard said he was not on duty at the time of Everard’s disappearance...
Sarah Everard: Met officer appears in court charged with kidnap and murder

I think if the goal is to end all forms of violence and abuse, then showing how to express strong emotions without losing control would be more effective
Except that has not ever worked. I bet people said this about the Suffragettes, too.

RIP beautiful Sarah xxxx

That photo was an old photo . If you look,he did not have a beard
It was not taken at his home.

It was nothing to do with trafficking.

no it’s a historical photo

The police and her family and friends say that she was unknown to him but others keep insisting that she must have had some contact with him, like men have never abducted strangers before.

How can family and friends know absolutely everything about your life and your friends, acquaintances, one off encounters with a person in the street/office/supermarket/online? etc
It is impossible for your f&f to be entirely certain who you are friends with and whether you know a particular person or not.

I think all that is unknown at this stage.

snipped by me

As far as I’m aware the breathalyser photo is totally unrelated to his arrest. I don’t see how they would take that picture at that time, and according to LL WC was in fact topless when arrested.

Also - I could be totally wrong but I can’t imagine someone being arrested for providing an alibi which they didn’t know was false? I’m not sure of the definition of “assisting an offender” but I could imagine there would be a required element of mens rea. Open to correction of course and all above MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee