McCanns Leave PT Sunday 09.09.07

Status
Not open for further replies.

petra

Reaction score
McCanns are outside their rented villa getting ready to catch an Easyjet flight

at 9.30 am. Going back home to UK.

Easy jet 6552 from Faro to East Midlands - depart at 9.30

On their way to airport circa 5.40 am PDL.

News24 reporting that the MCanns will make a statement at the airport on their return to the UK.

I have been watching live coverage of their departure and journey to the airport since 7am UK time and no statement was made, they have checked in through a VIP entrance and are now waiting to board.

Several journalists were able to get seats on the plane. apparently the computers were down in the airport but the plane was due to leave on time.

kelly

I don't understand why they are being followed around like its the paparazzi or something.

I have been watching live coverage of their departure and journey to the airport since 7am UK time and no statement was made, they have checked in through a VIP entrance and are now waiting to board.

Several journalists were able to get seats on the plane. apparently the computers were down in the airport but the plane was due to leave on time.

kelly

The statement will apparently be made on their arrival at East Midlands airport in the UK

The statement will apparently be made on their arrival at East Midlands airport in the UK

Ooops, no, Justine Mc has just made a statement at the airport. Nothing of significance, McCanns had nothign to do with disappearance, returning to UK for sake of twins, with full agreement of PJ, etc etc

I don't understand why they are being followed around like its the paparazzi or something.

It's a product of the McCann media machine... the BBC got their info about them going home, from a family source.

Did anyone notice when the McCanns left Portugal (the place they swore they would never leave until Maddie was found), there was not a hint of upset, no tears, no looking back, no sadness to be leaving the place their daughter may still well be, dead or alive. Also why did such a close knit family not even arrive at the airport together in the same car?

How annoyed I am, knowing how much money these two stand to make from their impending chat show appearances, media interviews, book deals etc….. I am in the UK and am not looking forward to seeing the McCann’s or a member of their family on TV every time I look at it or seeing their pre-planned stories in the newspapers day in day out.

You just know that the interviewers & media in the UK are going to pussyfoot around the McCanns and not ask any searching questions like they were asked in Germany all those months ago.

This has turned into a ‘poor McCanns’ circus, what about ‘poor Madeleine’ who is still missing due to their parents neglect.

You just know that the interviewers & media in the UK are going to pussyfoot around the McCanns and not ask any searching questions like they were asked in Germany all those months ago.

Err there's an important principle here of not prejudicing a trial. Given what's already been written over the last few weeks, IF they are charged, they are going to be able to make a good case for media coverage being prejudicial to a fair trial.

I was under the impression they couldn't because they were "suspects." I would think if the PJ had any evidence of significance they wouldn't be allowing them to leave. If the PJ find more evidence against them or wish to interrogate them again or even arrest them, I assume they have to go back????

If I were in a foreign country and my child was kidnapped, I just don't know if I could ever leave. I would feel like I was giving up on her, desserting her, leaving my baby ALONE in a foreign country. It would be tough!

Err there's an important principle here of not prejudicing a trial. Given what's already been written over the last few weeks, IF they are charged, they are going to be able to make a good case for media coverage being prejudicial to a fair trial.

Err so it's ok for the McCanns to talk to the media as and when they please, say what they please, make a daily blog for the whole world to access -it works both ways. If they are asked direct questions that they don't like then they just don't answer, right?
IF there was to be a trial, it would be in Portugal wouldn't it, so how can talking to the media in the UK prejudice the trial, or am I wrong?

I personally believe the PJ have allowed them back home for a few days to settle the twins into their new home whilst Mama and Papa face Justice - I think the PJ have done this on compassionate grounds, I think they know they will face charges this week...

Their hire car has been taken back to their villa which maybe might indicate that they will be returning there...

An representative from an Anglo/Portuguese law firm was speaking on BBCNews24 and made it clear that if they continue to talk through the press that it could be damaging to them and the 'conditions' of their Arguido status could be changed - I really dont think we'll see Fiona Phillips or Richard & Judy fornicating with them...

I personally believe they will be back in Portugal before the weeks is out...

I was under the impression they couldn't because they were "suspects." I would think if the PJ had any evidence of significance they wouldn't be allowing them to leave. If the PJ find more evidence against them or wish to interrogate them again or even arrest them, I assume they have to go back????

If I were in a foreign country and my child was kidnapped, I just don't know if I could ever leave. I would feel like I was giving up on her, desserting her, leaving my baby ALONE in a foreign country. It would be tough!

Yes, they would have to go back. There is a Euro Arrest Agreement, both PT and UK have signed. Other Euro-Scandic countries have had an agreement previously in place.

http://europa.eu/scadplus/leg/en/lvb/l33167.htm

I think it would be very hard for me to leave any place I had a missing loved one. :(
Remember the distance between Faro, PT and the Eastmidlands is circa a 2.5 hour plane flight away.

Euroland is a pretty close knit community. ;)

SNIPPET===========================

Reporters on the plane said the first two rows had been reserved for the McCanns and their 2-year-old twins. They were expected to arrive in England just after noon, following a three-hour flight.
As the plane took off, a family spokeswoman, Justine McGuinness, read out a brief statement, saying the McCanns were "returning to Britain after careful thought" and in order to give their twins a more normal life.
"They played no part in the disappearance of their beloved daughter," she said.
McGuinness said the McCanns were contemplating "their response to and future actions in relation to the events of the last few days which have been so deeply disturbing to them," a reference to the police questioning.
"Their heartfelt plea is that the search for Madeleine should continue and that people should continue to remain vigilant," McGuinness said, adding that the couple wished they could say more, but were barred from doing so under Portuguese law.
Earlier, police pushed back hundreds of journalists camped outside the McCanns' vacation home, allowing the couple and their twins to leave for the airport. Less than an hour later, the car pulled into the airport's VIP entrance.
The McCanns have said they would be available to return to Portugal for questioning if needed.
Despite being classified as suspects in the May 3 disappearance of their daughter, there are no charges against the McCanns. Nonetheless, police could have asked a court to block their exit from the country====================SNIP

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070909/ap_on_re_eu/portugal_missing_girl

I wanted to print out some of the article--because these media reports seem to be forever changing or disappearing :waitasec:

I personally believe the PJ have allowed them back home for a few days to settle the twins into their new home whilst Mama and Papa face Justice - I think the PJ have done this on compassionate grounds, I think they know they will face charges this week...

Their hire car has been taken back to their villa which maybe might indicate that they will be returning there...

I personally believe they will be back in Portugal before the weeks is out...

Hi MG-:blowkiss:

I agree with you. Maybe another week or so. But they will be back.

I think that the PJ LI and UK LI are working together on this very closely..why not let them feel that they have escaped back to the comfort of the known.. how ever temporally? Perhaps they will attempt to reinvent their story to new listeners.....I would not doubt if the M's flat in the UK is bugged.....I think LI have recorded incriminating evidence...now they are looking for other physical evidence to support what they believe to be true based on conversations LI has overheard.

Im amazed that theyve decided to return to the UK after all their vows to wait till Maddie was found.

I fear they are going to be in for a lot of stick in the street in England.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆