Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a phone is powered off there is no way of tracking it. Surely wouldn't be turned on? The accused would know this.

If you are on a call your phone will still give out location data running in the background this has been the same with the iPhone for the last 10+ years. The only way you could stop this is by powering the phone down.

Do you know how often it talks to the server?

Last edited:
The accused was talking about the delivery (or non-delivery) of an electric scooter on his LinkedIn page. I can post links if necessary / permitted...

Ah, so it wasn’t related to the car hire company itself? The poster on here mentioned Octopus who rent electric vehicles in London

yip, I was just looking at the pavement at Poynders road, if the accused drove in and around Poynders court and positioned the car facing the road, as if about to join traffic from Poynders court, he could have pulled the car forward slightly to block her path, I think if I came across a car blocking the pavement there I would go round the back of the car to get past and not step onto the road? Both doors open and she is behind the car gives the perfect cover... IMO..

I had assumed exactly this. It is double red lines all along the road there, and very common to see taxis and takeaway delivery pop their hazards on and pull up there.

I had assumed he had partly mounted the pavement with the car due to the evidence markers across the pavement recording something of note. I noticed number 1 was placed on the edge of the curb. JMO.

That area is usually crammed full of trolleys. I would suggest the trolleys in there havent been used in a long while, as the trolleys are also kept by the entrance and are used more frequently.
Or recorded him walking in there or was seen in the shop?

My thought was perhaps he's taken a trolley into the shop and someone very similar is on the CCTV and that they want to try and find more physical evidence e.g. DNA to tie the offender specifically to the area.

My thought was perhaps he's taken a trolley into the shop and someone very similar is on the CCTV and that they want to try and find more physical evidence e.g. DNA to tie the offender specifically to the area.

I’d say unlikely as the trolleys themselves are cleaned every time at the moment due to COVID. Also, the shop has a lot of trolleys considering it’s size and a vast majority aren’t used.

I think so too, wonder if they’ve caught one of the defendant’s cars, either on footage or tracking, parking in that car park, and are now searching to see if it was more of a mundane shopping trip to keep up appearances whilst he was on leave or whether he’s used it to discard anything. That trolley shelter looks ominous though, like it could be used as as a site for assault after hours/out of direct sight, especially if police are interested in finding items of clothing or jewellery there (as per upthread) that may have been broken off in such an assault. Could just be standard procedure to take away anything found in an area of interest though.

There are several residential properties actually in the coop car park, so I would have thought there would have been reported disturbance.

Do you know how often it talks to the server?
I think constantly. As far as I am aware there are 3 ways a phone gives off its location:
- to iCloud
- to the phone masts/cell towers nearby via the phone/Sim
- to GPS satellites

For example, you can take a picture on your iPhone and if you have mobile data switched on for photos it will immediately push a copy of that photo to Apples servers/your own iCloud account - really handy so you don't just have them on the phone, they are backed up without having to do anything except making sure you have enough storage in iCloud.

This can all be turned on or off in settings.

This is the cordon marked in red for anyone not local. I’ve also marked where things are in relation too
Thanks for that, it went farther west than I would have thought

I was trying to trace the stream that Rope Walk follows. It's flowing to the east at what seems a bit more than just a trickle. After it crosses east under New St, it's no longer really visible from the surface any more so it's going into an underground drain or culvert? It looks like the water would logically course along the path off Mill Wall and enter the River Stour.

So presumably, something put into the stream would be swept underground and possibly retained there or end up in the River Stour.

Maybe the alleged perp had experience doing something like that as kids with boats and went back to a familiar place to dispose of some thing that he thought could float and never be found caught in an underground pipe or culvert.

If the car was pulled slightly off the road with hazards flashing and doors open it may well give more of a sense of a police emergency is occuring to a passer by such as SE ...it may make me go towards the car if asked more so than a "routine" check by a lone officer in a white car
If it was pulled across the little slip road thing like has been mentioned it might have meant that she had the choice of walking onto the road to pass it. Or walking around behind the car to avoid walking onto the main road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592