Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was assaulted On a busy morning tube (groping) and I remember freezing and thinking this is not happening to me, things like this do not happen to me, is this happening to me? I checked to see if it was just really packed and I was mistaken but it was not packed like sardines and there wasn’t any good reason this guy was that close to me or what he was doing. At that point I made the decision to speak up but it definitely felt like a process of freezing, denial and then a conscious decision, which was not a split second. I told him to take step back from me or I’d explain to everyone why is pulled the emergency cord and why they’d be late to work. I remember seeing a woman with her phone out who I now think was filming it. He told me to “go and *advertiser censored** yourself you crazy b*tch” and ran out at the next station, along with the woman who had her phone out (who also told me he hadn’t touched me and I was lying). Nobody did anything to help until he got off (tbf that could have been minutes but it was so awkward it felt like hours). All I can say is that if anyone, a man in particular, had offered me a seat at the moment I said something, it would have meant such a lot to me in the moment.
i reported to police and they followed it up and even found him on cctv but couldn’t find a suspect. However, I know it may have helped establish a pattern for them in any future investigations so was worth it from my pov.

If you read this far, thank you so much for reading this.

So sorry you have experienced this.. I have had similar experiences and it just shouldn’t happen. Fear and intimidation are such palpable emotions.. I only hope as a society we learn from Sarah’s murder and do better jmo xx

Or she dropped it as he was bundling her into the boot... if she just finished call it was probably still in her hand and not pocket?

She finished on the call around 9.15pm and was likely using earphones to talk to her bf. That 25 minutes prior to last sighting of Sarah so even if holding phone to talk it's unlikely she was holding it in her hand near half hour after call ended

I totally disagree. This is all to put pressure on the suspects. Pieces of the jigsaw slowly unfolding in front of him. The only sensitivity in this case is to make sure the person that did it is found guilty. Family and friend do not care about material things it is all about a conviction

I think family and friends absolutely care about material things in this kind of situation - given what's happened, anything at all that belongs to SE is likely of acute sentimental value now. Not to mention her things being taken from her and disposed of by the accused would bring a lot of emotion to her family and friends. If I was one of them I would feel very strongly about wanting to reclaim what he took from her, because small seemingly insignificant things represent so much more now. They can't reclaim the life he took from her but they sure as hell can reclaim her possessions as a miniscule comfort.
JMO.

Thank you both. And just want to say do not mean to make about me. I wanted to express how you can freeze first and may stay frozen or then act. I think Sarah may not have had enough time to get her wits about her as they used to say when she was attacked. I agree we all should do better. I believe that the majority of people are good people. More community and connection. And less boundaries. Will return to giving my unsolicited opinion on the law of mens rea but thank you for responding. It means an awful lot.

Last edited:
I'm deeply curious about the box that was removed from the accused's home. What some speculated was a big toolbox. Horrible when thinking what that would be used for of course.

It makes my blood run cold to think of what was in there and what he might have done to her. I think in all this I've repressed the notion of how he actually killed her (allegedly, etc.), right up until this new search and the awful thoughts of what they might be looking for.

I'm terribly sorry that happened to you. It sounds horrible. I also hope that your report helped them. I appreciate and commend people like you who can bring themselves to report as it's so difficult. I was assaulted in a tube station (what IS it with the tube?!) and brushed it off & always wish I had reported.
Likewise. I have no idea why tube attracts nasty little pervs and I’m sorry it happened to you too. I had no idea how sympathetic and supportive the transport police would be but they were amazing. I was really impressed.

Apologies if this was already common knowledge, but Kent Online seem to think the Accused has been charged with Indecent Exposure too. Did I miss that? Last I heard it was just the kidnap & murder charges, and I’ve been following the threads closely.

“A serving police officer from Deal has been charged with murder, kidnap and indecent exposure.”

Divers arrive as Sarah Everard search continues in several locations - live

Maybe it has been discussed before, so apologies for this question (the thread is moving very fast). If the accused had raped Sarah, (with evidence found on her body) would that have formed part of the charge? If the evidence is inconclusive, would it even be mentioned?

Like so many I have been completely fixated on this case, from hoping/praying she was OK, to trying to comprehend what happened, how and why...because it is just so tragic...it is awful to think she was just taken away while innocently minding her own business on a busy London street...with still so much to look forward to in her life. I am accepting after reading these threads endlessly for days and from what has been made public so far (and what https://twitter.com/nottherealjoe tweeted) that there are so many theories as to what could have happened and so many distressing possible scenarios...but we will not know for sure until the trial if we were anywhere close to working out what, when, how and why:( I think for those that might be finding it is weighing them down, it is best to accept that this is all theorising, whatever really happened (which we will know at some point in the future when the trial proceeds) she is at peace now and unless the suspect is not watched properly, we hope justice will be done.

My opinion is that either the accused or vehicle have been caught on CCTV in Sandwich and they are looking for a phone or weapon. Another possibility is that they have used vehicle tracking records. It’s strange that the accused would again go to somewhere with CCTV though.

I would highly disagree that the only sensitivity is making sure he is found guilty.

Also, they could just show it to him, if they wanted to put pressure on him.

IMO The only way it would work in terms of being glimpsed in public is if they wanted to pressurised some other person of interest, and no such person has even been alluded to. (ETA: and if there was such a person, an opaque bag would be just as, and perhaps more, pressurising?)

I am assuming here that someone who is on police bail can also be asked to come in for another interview if they need to be questioned on any new evidence that has come up during ongoing investigations. Anyone know if that assumption is correct?

I've updated the timeline with loads more detail. I can recommend it ( :D) for anyone who is not sure of the facts, or for anyone who wasn't around from the beginning. I must admit I've had to back away from the threads for these past several days to get the timeline done, so if I've missed anything please let me know. I did catch yesterday's developments at Sandwich.

Part 1 (up to 4th March)
Part 2 (5th - 9th March morning)
Part 3 (9th March afternoon - 10th March)
Part 4 (11th March to current)

My opinion is that either the accused or vehicle have been caught on CCTV in Sandwich and they are looking for a phone or weapon. Another possibility is that they have used vehicle tracking records. It’s strange that the accused would again go to somewhere with CCTV though.

Perhaps he conncocted an errand that had to be done as an alibi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419