Found Deceased TX - Alexis Sharkey, 26, Houston, 27 Nov 2020 #2 *suspect commits suicide*

@kelsie, since I'm not one of the younger people, can you please tell me what I missed on the tide pods thing? Thanks! :)

There was moral panic that children and teens were eating Tide pods (the brightly colored gel packs). To the extent that Tide took out ads saying not to eat them and put warning labels on the canisters. But there was never actually anyone eating them! It was just hoax videos from teens.

There was moral panic that children and teens were eating Tide pods (the brightly colored gel packs). To the extent that Tide took out ads saying not to eat them and put warning labels on the canisters. But there was never actually anyone eating them! It was just hoax videos from teens.
Thanks, @Alethea! And just when I thought it could not get worse, I learned about the cheerleading mom creating "deepfake" nudes to harass and attempt to edge out her daughter's competition. Mom was charged last week for cyber-harassment.

As one of the younger people on this site, I can assure you that everyone I know thinks that the choking game thing is, for the most part, one of those overly-sensationalized things you see on the news that few teens/pre-teens are actually doing. That and the damn tide pods thing.

I heard of so many "scary trends" that teenagers are "doing right now behind their parents' backs!!!" when I was a teenager, and I was friends with almost every clique (for lack of a better word) at school and went to plenty of parties... never witnessed or heard of any choking game stuff, even when I moved highschools to a larger one. Still no scandals regarding choking or tide pods or anything that the news would have you convinced your 13 year old is considering this instant. Makes me roll my eyes (not at you, at the sensationalism)

i never heard about the choking game, but unlike tie pods that are, I assume, not fun to eat, there are certain mechanisms that might be pleasant in oxygen deprivation. Even Wikipedia describes them. Their big article is rather telling.

Tide Pod Challenge?
Thanks, @Alethea! And just when I thought it could not get worse, I learned about the cheerleading mom creating "deepfake" nudes to harass and attempt to edge out her daughter's competition. Mom was charged last week for cyber-harassment.
@Seattle1 FWIW in US over a several yr period, there were six deaths from ingesting laundry pods and ER treatment of thousands, but mostly younger children.*
Tide Pod Challenge: "Teenagers were the reported demographic participating in the challenge; they would record themselves chewing and gagging on pods and then daring others to do the same."*

:rolleyes:Gee, teenagers recording themselves being stupid and posting it on soc media. :rolleyes: Whoddathunkit?:rolleyes: j/k

But, as @Charlot123 said (TYVM), the Tide Pod challenge is not equivalent to couples playing oxygen deprivation "strangling games." Presumably the choking sex" games" Alexa mentioned to friend.

ETA: had missed the cheerleading mom deepfake pix story. Good grief.

* Consumption of Tide Pods from wiki.

Last edited:
Tide Pod Challenge?
@Seattle1 FWIW in US over a several yr period, there were six deaths from ingesting laundry pods and ER treatment of thousands, but mostly younger children.*
Tide Pod Challenge: "Teenagers were the reported demographic participating in the challenge; they would record themselves chewing and gagging on pods and then daring others to do the same."*

:rolleyes:Gee, teenagers recording themselves being stupid and posting it on soc media. :rolleyes: Whoddathunkit?:rolleyes: j/k

But, as @Charlot123 said (TYVM), the Tide Pod challenge is not equivalent to couples playing oxygen deprivation "strangling games." Presumably the choking sex" games" Alexa mentioned to friend.

ETA: had missed the cheerleading mom deepfake pix story. Good grief.

* Consumption of Tide Pods from wiki.
I don't believe Alexis was alledgedly describing any sort of "game." If her friend is to be believed, Alexis was descibing abuse or assault.

MOO

Moo
I said it before and I’ll say it again- if in the future I read that consensual erotic asphyxiation is used as defense, I will throw my phone.
just thinking about it gets my blood boiling.
Circumstantially this absolutely points to breakup violence after an escalation of severe abuse. let’s just hope they’re getting solid pieces of other forms of evidence to get some justice for Alexis!!!! Sending her momma a big hug :(

Eta: I’ve never in my adult life thrown anything while angry. Yet

I'm surprised there hasn't been an arrest yet. I would think there would be some good cctv, cellphone, and/or vehicle gps data. Is LE getting their ducks in a row? Or can they not find the smoking gun? Or is my poi surprisingly (to me) not giulty?

I guess time might tell.....

JMO

I highly doubt Alexis, a grown adult, was popping Tide pods and asking her husband to do an asphyxiation challenge with her.

Also, the way her friend described what Alexis allegedly said about being chocked screams domestic violence and not consensual fun times in the bedroom.

I highly doubt Alexis, a grown adult, was popping Tide pods and asking her husband to do an asphyxiation challenge with her.

Also, the way her friend described what Alexis allegedly said about being chocked screams domestic violence and not consensual fun times in the bedroom.

Exactly! @Dre and I are both ready to toss our phones at the suggestion that choking was a game.

Nobody said she was. The choke challenge thing was brought up and I thought that was an odd thing to include here since I'd give that about 0% chance of being the case, and I compared that to the tide pod craziness. Hope this clears things up

I think it's entirely possible she was with someone who was very angry at her, and the manner of her death was never supposed to go as far as it did.
As in, the person was angry and did what they did never intending to actually kill her.
That's what I meant when I commented earlier in the thread about it being an accidental death.
I was never impressed that it was any kind of game, but also never impressed that someone literally set out to murder her that night.
End of the day, it doesn't matter - she's gone and justice demands an arrest and jail time.

jmo

I think it's entirely possible she was with someone who was very angry at her, and the manner of her death was never supposed to go as far as it did.
As in, the person was angry and did what they did never intending to actually kill her.
That's what I meant when I commented earlier in the thread about it being an accidental death.
I was never impressed that it was any kind of game, but also never impressed that someone literally set out to murder her that night.
End of the day, it doesn't matter - she's gone and justice demands an arrest and jail time.

jmo
I agree, I believe whoever murdered her didn't actually want to kill her. Like, on cases where someone is pushed or something and gets so injured that there's no way to save the person. Either way, she was murdered and the way she was left, naked, on the side of the road without even a freaking blanket to cover her is what truly messes with me. That poor girl.

Investigators with much more information and facts than the rest of us determined AS death a homicide.

This was no accident. There was no 911 call or attempt to render aid -- which is normal for an accident.

You don't end up naked, on the side of the road by accident.

#JusticeForAlexis

I'm Sorry. My Apologies.
I don't believe Alexis was alledgedly describing any sort of "game." If her friend is to be believed, Alexis was descibing abuse or assault. MOO
@catch_22 I mis-posted in characterizing choking actions as "games."

When adults willingly engage in their choices of private sexual activities, well, okay.
When a person forces a partner into activities against partner's will, it is not "games."
Sorry for posting in a careless way.

We don’t have any reason to believe that AS was forced into any activities. We do know she is a homicide victim and her death was by strangulation. I do not view her as a participant in any way, shape, or form in her own murder or in the heartless, insensitive disposal of her nude body by a public roadway.

jmo

I'm Sorry. My Apologies.
@catch_22 I mis-posted in characterizing choking actions as "games."

When adults willingly engage in their choices of private sexual activities, well, okay.
When a person forces a partner into activities against partner's will, it is not "games."
Sorry for posting in a careless way.

Thanks for clearing it up and glad you are here for justice!

We have all posted carelessly at one point or another.

(On my first case here this summer I called the absentee mother of a missing child “awful” and then felt sick about it the next day.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rebecca.ingram1214@gmail.
Back