Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would someone be so kind as to differentiate English solicitors vs. barristers?

It’s a big distinction between US and U.K. legal systems. Without going into it in too much detail in U.K. attorneys fall into two categories, solicitors and barristers. Solicitors are legally qualified, licensed and authorised to give legal advice and representation to the public. We are also officers of the court, but we are not called to the bar as a barrister is and so do not usually * have rights of audience to represent and appear for parties in Higher Courts - for criminal law that’s a Crown Court. The accused will have been given access to a solicitor on arrest. That solicitor will have advised him at interview stage and will continue to represent and advise the accused to trial. The solicitor has now “briefed” a barrister to represent accused in OB which is a Crown Court. The Barrister (who is a senior barrister (known as leading counsel) as he is a QC having taken Silk) is likely now to represent him to and appear in his behalf at trial “instructed” by the sol.
*this will depend on whether you have become licensed as a solicitor-advocate, in which case yiu would also have higher rights of audience.

EDITED FOR MORE DETAIL

Last edited:
How strange! Being concerned about trolls but leaving videos of kids up? I could imagine it an attempt for the parent accused of covering up for a person who will be seen as a 'monster'. An attempt to show how 'normal' they are in contrast?

Judging by the odd capitalisation/grammar in the name change, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was the kids themselves who’ve done this. Maybe they’re logged in to EC’s Google account on one of their iPads, etc. If so, a blessing that comments are disabled on all their videos.

Members of Ms Everard’s family joined the hearing in court 10 of the Central Criminal Court by video link, according to court officials.

Prosecutor Tom Little QC said the circumstances of the case had led to a “very significant and wide-ranging investigation”.

He told the court the case had attracted an “almost unprecedented media and public attention”.
Police officer accused of Sarah Everard’s murder wasn’t on duty at time of disappearance

Judging by the odd capitalisation/grammar in the name change, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was the kids themselves who’ve done this. Maybe they’re logged in to EC’s Google account on one of their iPads, etc. If so, a blessing that comments are disabled on all their videos.

Good point, never thought of that. Quite awful to contemplate though that they may think they need to do something like that, it would imply they know somethings wrong.

How strange! Being concerned about trolls but leaving videos of kids up? I could imagine it an attempt for the parent accused of covering up for a person who will be seen as a 'monster'. An attempt to show how 'normal' they are in contrast?

I wonder whether the children's videos have been kept up as a request by the children themselves,they are obviously very proud of them. It could also be They are very slowly and gently being questioned by trained experts about any thing they might know about things. They also might not have been fully told about what happened. I imagine their access to social media has been restricted so they do not read about these horrific events.

My heart breaks for those innocent children and the trauma they will suffer.

Edit to add, I don't necessarily mean a cynical attempt on her part. It could be almost an act of defiance, not wanting to be associated with what her husbands accused of. The fact that they're public and you see the kids and the house though....odd.

I reported EC’s account to YouTube to request it being taken down for the sake of her children - as her FB and LinkedIn have been removed. No reply or action it seems.

I wonder whether the children's videos have been kept up as a request by the children themselves,they are obviously very proud of them. It could also be They are very slowly and gently being questioned by trained experts about any thing they might know about things. They also might not have been fully told about what happened. I imagine their access to social media has been restricted so they do not read about these horrific events.

My heart breaks for those innocent children and the trauma they will suffer.

It's very sad, such nice kids.

I am wondering if they are looking for her phone if it hasn’t been located yet.

I imagine this is very much the case. I don’t imagine the searches are “fishing expeditions” as it were (see what I did there?!). I suspect they want to complete the evidence trail as much as possible so want to account for as many of her belongings as possible. Now, this might end up being futile (they may never find it). But i guess their thinking is, we know we are missing x, y, z so whoever did this must have disposed of them. I reckon they are searching areas linked to the accused. If they have tracked his movements via his phone, car gps or local cctv and THEN they find her belongings, then he has even more of a case to answer.

Now, there is every chance this could backfire (ie a g public search is being carried on somewhere with the intention of finding something - if they don’t find it then it’s less evidence. But I suppose just because - and let’s for argument’s sake assume it is a phone- they don’t find it; doesn’t mean it wasn’t there. But it is just one less piece of evidence they would probably like to have.

IMO this might suggest they have less physical evidence than they would like. But TBH we don’t know what they have so it would be foolish to speculate otherwise as to the strength of the case and if this guy is completely innocent and he had nothing to do with it, then better to know for his sake that everywhere is searched properly or to find the phone which may have other evidence on it. Because if he is innocent then there would still be a murderer on the loose.

Would someone be so kind as to differentiate English solicitors vs. barristers?

I'll try to put this as simple as I can: Solicitors provide a range of legal services to people, organisations and companies on wide range of legal issues, in diverse areas of practice. Whereas Barristers, they usually receive instructions from a solicitor. The difference in roles means that clients generally have to go through a solicitor to gain access to a barrister. I hope that makes sense!

Last edited:
It’s a big distinction between US and U.K. legal systems. Without going into it in too much detail in U.K. attorneys fall into two categories, solicitors and barristers. Solicitors are legally qualified, licensed and authorised to give legal advice and representation to the public. We are also officers of the court, but we are not called to the bar as a barrister is and so do not usually * have rights of audience to represent and appear for parties in Higher Courts - for criminal law that’s a Crown Court. The accused will have been given access to a solicitor on arrest. That solicitor will have advised him at interview stage and will continue to represent and advise the accused to trial. The solicitor has now “briefed” a barrister to represent accused in OB which is a Crown Court. The Barrister (who is a senior barrister (known as leading counsel) as he is a QC having taken Silk) is likely now to represent him to and appear in his behalf at trial “instructed” by the sol.
*this will depend on whether you have become licensed as a solicitor-advocate, in which case yiu would also have higher rights of audience.

EDITED FOR MORE DETAIL
NEVER LET IT BE SAID THAT BRITISH JUSTICE SYSTEM IS ANTIQUATED OR CONVOLUTED.

Part of reserves 3rd battalion princess of wales 2002 for 2 years, as a reserve he would/could have been abroad or round the country for training, worth thinking about, they appear to do weekend training etc, also did someone say he failed a police fitness test?,

His wife is from Ukraine, so that might explain the capitalisation and grammar, as English is her second language.

I think it's a stretch to be honest
We don't actually know whether he used steroids or not.

Yes, and fwiw the only footage I've seen of the accused that definitely shows him within the past year, he appeared quite overweight. A squat, heavy build that looked strong but carrying a lot of weight round the middle and not buff. The accused also reportedly failed a police fitness exam at some point in his career and was demoted.

Is there a difference, legally, between snatching and kidnapping? I tried Googling but couldn't find anything that didn't relate to children taken by a parent.

I’m not sure legally wise to be perfectly honest, I just noticed the change of wording which interested me. Maybe someone legal can advise.

I can't help but wonder if defendant's wife was fluent in English when they met...
Working abroad I've had relationships with partners who weren't sharing my mother tongue, but the fact we had a language -English- in common allowed us to have deep/complex conversations right from the start. If we didn't have that, it would have been impossible for me to consider the possibility of a serious relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151