Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The closest place to MK where WC *might* have worked protective duty is HMGCC/Hanslope Park. I can't say for sure, but I believe the Met are involved in security there and a handful of other places in Bucks/Berks (Chequers, Dorneywood, Wotton Hall, and David Cameron's house in Oxfordshire).

The closest place to MK where WC *might* have worked protective duty is HMGCC/Hanslope Park. I can't say for sure, but I believe the Met are involved in security there and a handful of other places in Bucks/Berks (Chequers, Dorneywood, Wotton Hall, and David Cameron's house in Oxfordshire).

Cameron lives in a place called Dean (Oxfordshire) Near Chipping Norton.
I often saw armed guards in the village.

Hello all,

I've been following Leah's case for a long time now, I constantly check her dads FB for any updates and always click off feeling sad and broken- hearted for her family. The pain and anguish they must be going through is hard to think about.

I agree with all of the previous posters when they have said Sarah's case has really highlighted the failings of the MK police. It makes me feel even worse for Leah's parents when I know that they have most likely followed this case and are now filled with a hundred more 'what if?' questions.

IMOO MK police have failed Leah and have failed her family astronomically. Not enough was done to find her and they should have questioned Mr X more thoroughly. I don't believe it has been made public what efforts they went to in order to clear Mr X from their line of enquiry. They didn't check his phone, they didn't search his house and they took no evidence. It all just sounds shoddy and lazy. As a parent there's no way I could accept their plea of 'just trust them' without any evidence that they had done enough to eliminate any possibility he had anything to do with her disappearance.

I think it was cruel of them to expect Leah's parents to try to not question their judgement on Mr. X's innocence.

As for WC in Sarah's case - I hope MK police look carefully at whether WC or someone like him could have been in the area around the time of Leah's disappearance. The resembalance between both cases is strickingly similar and there have been way too many unanswered questions for far too long.

I don't think he is connected.

He stayed pretty local and did something very specific to the body. It was left in a place that looks like it was next to a path. Not hidden so deeply no trace was ever found. Think that was his first alleged murder.

Can't believe it's been two years. Mr X for me as well. Really sad, especially her parents losing their son as well.

I think this was a chance stranger abduction. All this about Mr.X has muddied the water and people aren't looking at the more obvious. I see earlier this year, last month, the lead officer said he thinks she disappeared of her own accord. He thinks that's the most likely explanation. Maybe he knows more than us but I think he's wrong. I think she was abducted that morning and is dead now with her body well hidden.Unless it's discovered by chance then this will be a cold unsolved case.

Last edited:
Regarding a possible connection between poor Sarah Everard & Leah....the arrested Met Officer Wayne Couzens was a Diplomatic Protection Officer.

According to the GOV.UK website the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Offices are situated in Milton Keynes as well as in London.

I’ve submitted this information to the Leah Croucher tipline ( they may already be investigating a connection... but does no harm!)

WC was based in Westminster, guarding the embassies in London.

There is a petition nearing 7000 to raise funds to keep this case in MSM they help get cases on Crimewatch and elsewhere.
How could money be raised to employ an Investigator to review the evidence, if the LE allow access. A campaign could raise a huge amount more locally and nationally, to fund such work, especially with the current concerns about the dangers facing women. Maybe the £10,000 reward could be used to support this work.
But only IF the family want a forensic examination of all the evidence.
Looking back might reveal gaps that missed key information unless LE know who is responsible but for unknown reasons cannot move matters forward.
In all likelihood there is a person or persons out there who are murderers. They need to be caught least they do it again
When this first happened LE never put notices around the area warning women to take care and even though they say she disappeared in a very small area they have still not given any warnings.
IMO that normally means they know it’s not a person who might be a risk to the general public.
What were the differences between the way the SE case was initially investigated and the way this case was treated. For instance did they capture and review CCTV or cams cars in the area before it was overwritten?
It’s a fairly restricted number of roads to the areas where an abduction could have taken place.
What else can we all do to help?

I have said before that IMO the TVP made mistakes in their initial investigation into Leah's disappearance. This is what they said in the MK Citizen dated 22 February 2019:

CCTV enquiries have been extensive with a dedicated team identifying and reviewing footage. House-to-house enquiry teams have covered all of Furzton and Knowlhill and much of Shenley Lodge. Officers are visiting 90 streets and approximately 4000 houses and businesses to seek information.

Speaking to the press, chief inspector Neil Kentish said: “It is totally out of character for Leah to go missing. She hasn’t spoken to any family or friends, she hasn’t used her bank cards and hasn’t been on social media during this time. We need your help to find Leah. Have you seen her? Have you spoken to her? Have you heard someone talking about seeing or speaking to her?

We also would like to hear from anyone with CCTV or dash-cam footage from Furzton, Emerson Valley, Shenley Lodge, Knowlhill and surrounding areas on Friday 15th February between 8am to 11am."

I believe that narrowing down the timeframe between 8 - 11 was a mistake, they should have reviewed footage from before and after those hours and also over the weekend. I also think that they were looking for footage of Leah walking around MK somewhere and might have overlooked any suspicious vehicles that were in the area at the time. I also believe that the police haven't dug deep enough into Leah's relationship with Mr X, they appear to have taken him at his word for his version of the relationship and left it at that.

Leah's case deserves to be looked at again from the beginning with a fresh pair of eyes. I also think the Croucher family should get a PI on the case (if they haven't already) or get an experienced ex-DI to go over the case, someone like Colin Sutton who nailed Levi Bellfield.

I know how much each of us wants Leah’s case to be solved, so I find it really hard to believe that the individual police officers want it any less than we do.

I would just like to know what is stopping Leah being found? If lack of evidence, why? Was it not collected? If not, why?

Maybe more research in general needs to be done about lie detection to cut down the time between someone lying to the police and them being found out in a way that is admissible for the further gathering of evidence before it is destroyed.

Just to refresh people's memories here's the timeline of Leah's disappearance (MK Citizen 16 October 2019).

Thursday February 14, Valentine's Day

8am. Leah, 19, sets off for work as normal. She has an admin job with finance company DFC in Davy Avenue, Knowlhill and walks the two mile journey to and from work every day, often going via Furzton Lake.

5.45pm. Leah walks home from work. Strangely, the location settings on her Samsung phone were switched off in the Furzton Lake area. Nobody knows why. It could be that she was downloading another app that disabled them. But the mobile phone company has confirmed Leah had never turned off her location settings before.

6pm.
Leah arrives home from work. She changes into tracksuit bottoms and a long-sleeved top with the logo 'I solemnly swear that I am up to no good' (a quote from her favourite Harry Potter books) and leaves the house on foot. She tells her mum she is going to visit a friend.

7.15pm. Leah arrives home again. She doesn't fancy the meal her mum was cooking so she ordered herself a takeaway. Her mum asks if her friend is okay and Leah replies with a yes.

Her behaviour that night was totally normal, say her parents.

Later it was discovered that Leah has not visited the friend. Where did she go for that 75 minutes on Valentine's night? Did she meet anybody?

Friday February 15

8am. Leah gets up and leaves for work. Her parents have already left for their work. She sets off on her normal route, wearing a black coat, skinny black jeans, black Converse high top shoes and carrying a small black rucksack. Underneath her coat she wears a distinctive grey hoodie, which has the logo of her dad's Stewartby Taekwondo club.

8.13am. CCTV footage shows her walking along Buzzacott Lane in Furzton . That was the last confirmed sighting of Leah.

8.34am. Leah's mobile phone is switched off.

9am. Leah fails to arrive at work

9.30am – 11.15am. Three different witnesses report seeing a girl matching Leah's description walking by Furzton Lake. She was looking “visibly upset” and crying while talking on the phone. She was also text with two thumbs. Police have never been able to say definitely that this was Leah. However, no other female has ever come forward to say it was them.

6pm Leah fails to return home. She is reported missing

Sunday February 17

Police issue a press release saying Leah is missing. They describe her as white, slim, with below shoulder length brown hair and sometimes wearing glasses.

Tuesday February 19

Police release the CCTV footage of Leah in Buzzacott Lane. They are becoming “increasingly concerned” for her welfare. Her phone is switched off and cannot be traced and her bank account has not been touched.

For the next few weeks police work tirelessly to find Leah. They make repeated appeals for witnesses and knock on hundreds of doors to see if people saw anything. Divers scour Furzton Lake and fingertip searches are carried out. Leah's family and friends put posters up all over MK, Not a single clue is found.

The route that Leah took to work was visible from busy roads, houses and public areas. Yet nobody saw anything. It is as though she vanished off the face of the earth. Police admit the case is highly unusual – and baffling.

I don't believe it has been made public what efforts they went to in order to clear Mr X from their line of enquiry. They didn't check his phone, they didn't search his house and they took no evidence.

And why should the details of police enquiries be made public?

There are no suspects, no POIs. What the family say and what the police have done could be 2 different things. Maybe the police don't want to say more. Maybe there is no more to say because the details of what was done regarding a private individual shouldn't be publicised.

8.13am. CCTV footage shows her walking along Buzzacott Lane in Furzton . That was the last confirmed sighting of Leah.

8.34am. Leah's mobile phone is switched off.

9am. Leah fails to arrive at work
Wise Owl, thanks for the regular update on key dates its invaluable. DCI Andy Howard confirmed in a recent TV interview a sighting of Leah at 8,20 near Telly Tubby Hill. It only takes us a few minutes further in her journey but that is where the 14 minutes comes from. From 8,20 to 8,34. But 8,34 may not be the time she went missing its only the time her phone was turned off. I think that would be a rare event for her , being involved with Social Media , its more likely when working her phone would have been on Silent.
On a separate issue.
Detailed set procedures of the English Police processes for virtually every type of crime, including missing persons, is set out in the College of Policing papers. These can be found via www/app.college.police.uk. Its a very very extensive set of notes, but it shows what forces are expected to do when faced with different challenges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aegon_the_Conqueror