Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
DMB - thanks to those posters who made it clear that the best way of dealing with a comment bringing up inappropriate/irrelevant points is to report and ignore. Taken swiftly on board.

Last edited:
All the sites connected to this case are so horrendously bleak. The latest area cordoned off by police doesn’t look like any kind of “builder’s yard” I know. Police cordon off builders' yard containing skip in Sarah Everard search | Daily Mail Online

That's interesting thanks. There's a photo there with the caption - 'Officers also searched under a step to the toilets, where a CCTV camera sign could be clearly seen on the wall'

Lifting paving stones like that could mean they are looking for a small object secreted there? such as phone, keys, weapon?

Thanks Stella, appreciate your response. I don't see anything about a second necklace being found in the DM article you've linked - again, is there something I'm missing when you're directing me to that article? I'm aware of the developments with the builders yard being cordoned off/searched but I haven't heard anything about a necklace found by divers (as referenced in the Standard article from the post I was replying to: Police trawl through woods in hunt for Sarah Everard’s mobile) in other MSM.

I'm leaning towards the opinion that the mention of a gold necklace found by divers has simply been misreported? Has anyone seen another source corroborating the Standard's article?

I am only aware of the one gold necklace, in that link, found on top of the parking metre, unaware of any second gold necklace or anything found in the river - if you have seen that somewhere else and it's an allowed source (mainstream media) then do update us :)

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

Although the CPS will have access to all the evidence, which has passed the evidential element of the two stage test for charge, there are likely to be a some evidential gaps, that continue to be explored. The ongoing visible police activity is indicative of that.

WC is the accused. It is up to a court to decide if he is responsible for the alleged offences. To imply anything different is sub judice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im pretty sure for whatever reason LE are searching an area if they found a random necklace lying in the area they were searching they would bag it and investigate it to eliminate it being related to the crime. It might have nothing at all to do with her disappearance but how would they know if they didnt look into it further?

All sorts of shift workers drive home after night shifts.

Nurses ,for example are not put up in accommodation to sleep after a night shift.

Thank you, I wasn't aware of that. The earlier discussion about a possible flat at Poynders (or elsewhere) was supposition and came after a poster last night (Uk last night) had searched and thought they had found something that located the alleged perpetrator at that address, but then couldn't find it again. And another member seemed to have knowledge that Police had specific accommodation for officers sometimes. So yes, speculation. Also speculation by me that surely someone who had worked a 12 hour shift couldn't legally drive over an hour on main roads, after no sleep. Surmising that alleged perpetrator hired the car the day before going to work, slept in London next day after coming off duty and was already there in the evening, at the location where he slept, with the car parked round the back, before the evening alleged kidnap. But all speculation, MOO JMB :)

This is my first ever post on WS, so apologies if the formatting is wrong. Also I'm reasonably sure this doesn't break WS rules or (more importantly) the sub judice laws, but if they do I'll remove immediately.

And additional apologies if this has already been spotted and discussed, but it's a very long thread and I haven't read it all...

I was looking at the video posted on here of the police and forensics activity outside Poynders Court. To give myself a better understanding of the location they were working on, I went and had a look on Google Maps.

The first picture I've posted below (GM1) shows the precise location they were searching, circled (by me) in red. You can tell because the drain cover on the road matches the video footage.

I had a look around on Google maps and went further up the driveway into the Poynders Court complex, near where the garages/lock-ups with the green doors are located (picture GM2).

There's a CCTV camera there!

And it seems to be pointing in the direction of where the officers were carrying out their activity.

I've zoomed in to it and that is shown on picture GM3.

The images on Google Maps are dated 2018 but other images on Google Maps showing the CCTV was still there are dated Sep 2020.

Now it could be a dummy camera. If it's real, it might not have been working.

Attachments

• GM1.jpg
    GM1.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 516
  • GM2.jpg
    GM2.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 584
  • GM3.jpg
    GM3.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 465
Although the CPS will have access to all the evidence available, which passed the evidence test for charge, there are likely to be a some evidential gaps, that continue to be explored. The ongoing police activity is indicative of that.

WC is the accused. It is up to a court to decide if he is responsible for the alleged offences. To imply anything different is sub judice.

Exactly - we cannot speculate on his guilt or innocence. He has the right to a fair trial. <modsnip: To express an opinion on guilt or innocence is sub-judice>

Last edited by a moderator:
I am only aware of the one gold necklace, in that link, found on top of the parking metre, unaware of any second gold necklace or anything found in the river - if you have seen that somewhere else and it's an allowed source (mainstream media) then do update us :)

I'm assuming that the Evening Standard does count as MSM - very willing to be corrected if I'm wrong and I will delete my posts referencing its article. It's in this article on ES from a few hours ago (I see 'last updated 2 hours ago' but it may have been published before - apologies for not being able to confirm) - Police trawl through woods in hunt for Sarah Everard’s mobile - in the second paragraph of the piece. "Officers are carrying out fingertip searches in Sandwich, Kent, after divers found a gold necklace they have taken away for examination."

To clarify, I am leaning towards this being misreporting as I've not seen or heard any mention of a second necklace anywhere else and no one seems to be discussing it here. I'm very happy to write it off as poor reporting, but worth checking that I hadn't missed something publically available :)

This is my first ever post on WS, so apologies if the formatting is wrong. Also I'm reasonably sure this doesn't break WS rules or (more importantly) the sub judice laws, but if they do I'll remove immediately.

And additional apologies if this has already been spotted and discussed, but it's a very long thread and I haven't read it all...

I was looking at the video posted on here of the police and forensics activity outside Poynders Court. To give myself a better understanding of the location they were working on, I went and had a look on Google Maps.

The first picture I've posted below (GM1) shows the precise location they were searching, circled (by me) in red. You can tell because the drain cover on the road matches the video footage.

I had a look around on Google maps and went further up the driveway into the Poynders Court complex, near where the garages/lock-ups with the green doors are located (picture GM2).

And it seems to be pointing in the direction of where the officers were carrying out their activity.

The images on Google Maps are dated 2018 but other images on Google Maps showing the CCTV was still there are dated Sep 2020.

Great work.
Thanks for doing it!
And welcome.

Thanks Stella, appreciate your response. I don't see anything about a second necklace being found in the DM article you've linked - again, is there something I'm missing when you're directing me to that article? I'm aware of the developments with the builders yard being cordoned off/searched but I haven't heard anything about a necklace found by divers (as referenced in the Standard article from the post I was replying to: Police trawl through woods in hunt for Sarah Everard’s mobile) in other MSM.

I'm leaning towards the opinion that the mention of a gold necklace found by divers has simply been misreported? Has anyone seen another source corroborating the Standard's article?

Apologies you already did link MSM! I have not seen that before and it does say divers found a gold necklace. So either it is second gold necklace or confused reporting re the original gold necklace.

Police trawl through woods in hunt for Sarah Everard’s mobile

But today while searches elsewhere continued focus shifted to the rail-side site off Woodensborough Road, which contains a cement mixer and container in amongst other discarded machinery.

The area being searched is known as The Butts, which includes a cricket club, play area and skate park with a connecting footpath. It's adjacent to both the Rope Walkand the Co-op car park which have also been cordoned off in previous days.
Abandoned builders' yard taped off in Sarah investigation

Hello and welcome. I think it has been mentioned that there may well be all kinds of footage that has not been released (or isn't available) and probably for the reason it is being kept for the trial :):)

Re first autopsy, can we conclude from that that they have-putting it bluntly-she is intact, or at least they have all of her remains?, if so probably still phone, clothing maybe?, if they do not have a cause of death they should maybe have a grasp on what method has been used to destroy/cover up evidence re her body, how and what he used etc... So my thoughts are still phone, clothing etc x (all IMO)

Re first autopsy, can we conclude from that that they have-putting it bluntly-she is intact, or at least they have all of her remains?, if so probably still phone, clothing maybe?, if they do not have a cause of death they should maybe have a grasp on what method has been used to destroy/cover up evidence re her body, how and what he used etc... So my thoughts are still phone, clothing etc x (all IMO)
Also could they ever extract proof of rape if a person is so damaged?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members