Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be very surprised if the accused could afford to pay a mortgage on a home AND pay London rents, which are horrendous, on a policeman's wage. Just my opinion tho

The commute is quite a normal one for that area.

IMO the hire car is an expensive oddity for that fairly ordinary commute and one I don't understand at all given you have to give details to hire one. It wouldn't protect him from discovery.

I believe people have reported that there was a motorbike at the accused's home which, for me, would seem the obvious method of getting into London for work cheaply, quickly and efficiently.

So IMOO I think renting a flat in London would be prohibitively expensive alongside a mortgage. I don't understand the hire car.

Yes....I too have been thinking a lot about another residence , or the hire car .
How about he was renting a room , and not a whole flat ? That would probably be a lot cheaper , especially a box room , to be used when needed .
Regarding the hire car , there could be legit reasons as well .....for example , I had to get my windscreen changed due to it having cracked after being hit by debris on the lovely roadworked M4 . Car couldn't be driven for 36-48 hours afterwards .
So it follows that you kinda need another vehicle to get to work and back .
But I struggled with this theory myself, as the accused had 2 other cars removed from his address AND a motorbike (granted not the best time/weather of the year for such a commute but still....).

Assuming this is a genuine question:) They are sniffer dogs so would have been given some of SE's scent (on the end of that stick I assume) to see where they can smell it and in what direction - if scent stops at point where car was parked, then can be used in the case to help prove if she got into the car. It is amazing - some detect human scent (even days later), but there are those (cadaver dogs) that can sniff out dead bodies including under water , drugs and apparently some even being trained to detect coronavirus!

I used to work with sniffer dogs and they are amazing - the bond they have with their handlers is so cool to see. Usually dogs are trained on a specific scent such as cadaver or drugs like cocaine etc. but they can be trained in search and rescue as well as for all sorts of uses and specific scents. When I was training my dog we used truffle oil in classes!

IMO they could have used dogs for several different purposes. Possibly to find minute traces of blood to direct forensics or to locate any of SE’s possessions. Or as the poster above mentioned to trace her to the last spot before she disappeared.

The dogs go in circles to isolate the scent because each nostril operates independently that’s why they look a bit crazy! I was watching the video closely for a sign that the dogs had spotted anything but these signs can be very subtle and the handler will be able to pick up on it where other observers might miss it.

Thinking of the forensics teams we've seen working in various locations, could someone help me understand at what point forensics teams are brought in? Is it when something is discovered by the police, or perhaps when the police have CCTV or info? IE I'm sure they aren't part of a search team. I just wonder how significant the presence of teams wearing full plastic suits is, both at Poynders and now in Sandwich? Thanks for any clarifications on this!

I will defer to your experience. But will also say that’s Often the case but it doesn’t have to be, which is my point.
a couple of other points in response though:

1. a solicitor would be sacked if similar evidence was made available to HR, before any criminal conviction IMO.
2. Most employers are not in a position to see or know about evidence in a criminal trial which would support an internal investigation
3. Agree in most cases easier and legally safer for the employer to see what happens in criminal court snd rely on that
Here is a recent case of a PO charged with murder (but admitted manslaughter) and the associated disciplinary proceedings - Rules meant police officer was still paid even after admitting lover's killing

Last edited by a moderator:
Allegedly, the police have been at military Hill in dover since last night with police Cordens in place, multiple police vans and blue tents set up.

There is quite a police presence up there this evening. They have kept it fairly quiet until now, it seems. At least 7 vehicles, tent up, forensics. The road is closed. It's right by Brigade Hall, if anybody is local.

I used to work with sniffer dogs and they are amazing - the bond they have with their handlers is so cool to see. Usually dogs are trained on a specific scent such as cadaver or drugs like cocaine etc. but they can be trained in search and rescue as well as for all sorts of uses and specific scents. When I was training my dog we used truffle oil in classes!

IMO they could have used dogs for several different purposes. Possibly to find minute traces of blood to direct forensics or to locate any of SE’s possessions. Or as the poster above mentioned to trace her to the last spot before she disappeared.

The dogs go in circles to isolate the scent because each nostril operates independently that’s why they look a bit crazy! I was watching the video closely for a sign that the dogs had spotted anything but these signs can be very subtle and the handler will be able to pick up on it where other observers might miss it.

That is fascinating - thank you! I noticed there were two different dogs on that video. I assumed for double checking but perhaps for different scents?

Just to say, I love sniffer dogs, when I see them, they literally bring tears to my eyes they’re so eager to do their jobs. Sorry off topic but just had to say that

No way could he commute from Deal to Westminster on a daily basis, surely ?
No police search of a London address ?
I can’t attest to WC commute but knowing someone who works in parliamentary protection and lives 20 mins from Deal, he commutes everyday. He rides a motorbike, and so does WC so it’s entirely possible.

This is what I'm trying to figure out time wise. It took up to 3 mins (if the two figures are SE & WC) for them to come across each other. It doesn't say if the police car also captured the Astra. Was it there at 9.32pm? Iirc I had read previously the second bus image was 9.38pm ? If it was at 9.38pm and the police car did capture an image of the Astra, then the Astra was there for at least 6 mins. If both buses caught an image at the same time 9.35pm, then that's pretty quick for one to see hazard lights flashing and another to see both doors open, I can't see both things happening at exactly the same time ? If the police car didn't capture the Astra that would mean that the Astra was approaching the area before the police car so would have then seen SE walking and then pulled over somewhere between 9.32pm and 9.35pm. One timeline would mean he was waiting, the other means it was a quick decision after following her.
Reportedly, a dashcam from a marked police vehicle captured SE alone, and a police dashcam captured the Astra heading towards Kent. No confirmation of how many police dashcams involved here but no reports of police dashcam capturing two figures.

There is quite a police presence up there this evening. They have kept it fairly quiet until now, it seems. At least 7 vehicles, tent up, forensics. The road is closed. It's right by Brigade Hall, if anybody is local.

Sounds like something definitely going on there then. I hope it isn't more bodies :(

What an interesting and informative post. Thank you

Yes....I too have been thinking a lot about another residence , or the hire car .
How about he was renting a room , and not a whole flat ? That would probably be a lot cheaper , especially a box room , to be used when needed .
Regarding the hire car , there could be legit reasons as well .....for example , I had to get my windscreen changed due to it having cracked after being hit by debris on the lovely roadworked M4 . Car couldn't be driven for 36-48 hours afterwards .
So it follows that you kinda need another vehicle to get to work and back .
But I struggled with this theory myself, as the accused had 2 other cars removed from his address AND a motorbike (granted not the best time/weather of the year for such a commute but still....).

Yes, I thought possibly that a car may have gone in for a service, hence a courtesy car rather than hire car.
Somewhere in the thread a poster had checked the MOT status of the cars so we could rule scheduled MOT out if dates do not match.
LE could have taken the other 2 cars for the purpose of retrieving transfer DNA though.

JMO.

Last edited:
I would be very surprised if the accused could afford to pay a mortgage on a home AND pay London rents, which are horrendous, on a policeman's wage. Just my opinion tho

The commute is quite a normal one for that area.

IMO the hire car is an expensive oddity for that fairly ordinary commute and one I don't understand at all given you have to give details to hire one. It wouldn't protect him from discovery.

I believe people have reported that there was a motorbike at the accused's home which, for me, would seem the obvious method of getting into London for work cheaply, quickly and efficiently.

So IMOO I think renting a flat in London would be prohibitively expensive alongside a mortgage. I don't understand the hire car.

Hire car could be in his wife's name. Perhaps he thought it would look less suspicious having a female named driver if the police did a check on the vehicle.

That is fascinating - thank you! I noticed there were two different dogs on that video. I assumed for double checking but perhaps for different scents?

Most prominently used in the Madeleine McCann case, and usually will either be trained to work on detecting cadavers and the odour of a dead body, or human blood.

From this article
Sarah Everard: Police cordon off Kent builders' yard containing skip in search for evidence | Daily Mail Online

Miss Everard's inquest will open tomorrow in Kent and but a first post mortem into her cause of death was inconclusive.

A question from an Aus reader.... Is it normal in the UK to have an Inquest so soon???

In the UK, we have the inquest opening first of all, and it does happen quite soon after the death. It will last less than 5 minutes, and it just states the basic info of the deceased (address, age, profession, date of death etc) and then the medical cause of death if it has been ascertained.
The coroner will also set the date for the full inquest, which I imagine in SE's case will be in quite some time, due to the criminal proceedings.
(Source: I had to attend lots of inquests in my previous job.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆