UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you read back you will see that I contacted Cold Case re the timeline on the 18th they confirmed that Claudia walked home that day and did not receive a lift before or after posting the letter/item at Melrosegate post box. They confirmed the last sighting was by the childminder and Claudia was caught on cctv returning home by the cctv camera sighted at the property opposite her house.
Ah, ok. The childminder sighting is back in. That’s more in line with what I was supposing. The lift I can take or leave - removing it simplifies the timeline (also hand gestures made by Linda Chapman in the preamble to an ITV interview could suggest she saw CL approaching the HR/East Parade junction on foot from the direction of Melrosegate.)

I am sceptical of all the Thursday sightings (Melrosegate bridge, University Rd and bag) - it was reported within a few days of her disappearance that she had been captured by CCTV at the Melrosegate post box; information which a perpetrator could exploit in order to generate a fictional timeline of a journey to work that morning, while explaining her failure to appear on camera at the same point.

No, I haven't, both were anonymous, they cant follow either up. Melsom couldn't remember the man in the pub. No one else there could either. Why would anyone photograph one shoe and a scarf of a possible murder victim, and then take it to the woman's local pub? Ridiculous lies. My guess is they don't want to totally discount the back pack just in case, however, there isn't any solid evidence she either made it home on 18th, or left for work from home on 19th. That why the childminder and lift have been removed from the timeline.

If you read back you will see that I contacted Cold Case re the timeline on the 18th they confirmed that Claudia walked home that day and did not receive a lift before or after posting the letter/item at Melrosegate post box. They confirmed the last sighting was by the childminder and Claudia was caught on cctv returning home by the cctv camera sighted at the property opposite her house.[/QUOTE]
I misunderstood then @keeping-it-real.? I understood that the footage only showed her going towards her home, not into her home? She was caught walking home yes, but not to her door? Why have they removed the childminder Linda Chapman, and the lift from "Jo" the colleague, from timeline? Did they say why? There is no evidence, afaik, of her walking to work 19th?

I guess the cops should publish a new reconstruction of her last sightings - without the lift, obs

There’s the rub - with no hint as to what the potential new line is, how do the people giving the information relating to it know NYP want them to get back in touch?
They would be reading the news and everyone who has sent info through crime stoppers recently would assume it’s them he’s talking to !

There’s the rub - with no hint as to what the potential new line is, how do the people giving the information relating to it know NYP want them to get back in touch?
They would be reading the news and everyone who has sent info through crime stoppers recently would assume it’s them he’s talking to !
I guess the cops should publish a new reconstruction of her last sightings - without the lift, obs
too late for that ... it might bring up more names but I’m positive they have the name already .They need a miracle... a confession/ a change of heart from a partner / friend and finding her body. The later perhaps by using the latest surveillance techniques they must have used in the Sarah Everard case ! But did it cover Yorkshire 12 years ago ?

Someone may have seen her out that evening but dismissed it as a lookalike because they thought she was in her own bed asleep. And attitudes towards women have changed since 2009 - online dating, several partners 24/7 social media et c. Everything is more relaxed now in 2021

Last edited:
Someone may have seen her out that evening but dismissed it as a lookalike because they thought she was in her own bed asleep. And attitudes towards women have changed since 2009 - online dating, several partners 24/7 social media et c. Everything is more relaxed now in 2021
Yes good point

I wonder if inspector Fox is referring to that ‘letter’ posted by Chris Wortley on Claudia Lawerence missing person on Facebook !? Some weird imagination going on there .it should be looked into by Claudia’s family and the maccans too

I wonder if inspector Fox is referring to that ‘letter’ posted by Chris Wortley on Claudia Lawerence missing person on Facebook !? Some weird imagination going on there .it should be looked into by Claudia’s family and the maccans too
Can you post it on here?

I’m not sure he is referring to anything in particular - more like “some info we receive is stuff we’ve discounted; some is new and interesting. If you’ve sent us interesting info, please get in touch again.” A bit of a paradox, since without knowing what has been discounted, you can’t know what is new and interesting.

Calling all sleuths. I used to know the answer to this but in the haze of time I’ve forgotten.

Where was the stables where Claudia kept her horse? I’m sure it was somewhere between Malton and York, did the village begin with an S ... ?

Do you mean Trevor Gamble?

Im guessing we all use street view/maps with cases like this - digital tools can be useful. If using street view, has anyone come across a street that has been duplicated but at different times? ie Going up the road there might be a car or something, a sign etc then moving up and viewing from a slightly different spot / angle, the car gone, sign changed, building amended and it’s a different season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288