CANADA Canada - Ljubica Topic, 6, Windsor, Ont, 14 May 1971

It is truly INSANE to me that law enforcement thinks it's acceptable to not release the name of a child rapist and murderer. Are you kidding me? There are likely other victims who would like to have closure and other murders could potentially be solved. Asking the public for information would have been critical.

Their explanation for not releasing the perp's name is utter BS considering how the name of Christine Jessop's murderer (based in Toronto) was released despite the fact that he's deceased. So I find the Windsor Police's explanation to either be extremely duplicitous and they're covering for someone or extremely dense & they aren't capable of logically understanding how important it is for the public to know the name of a child predator. I'm glad the family has closure but they shouldn't be forced to keep the name of this monster a secret and the public deserves closure as well.

My guess is that the relative only agreed to give his/her DNA sample on condition the perp's name was not made public. LE may have had to chose between having a private, but confirmed conclusion and having a public, but only suspected, POI. Maybe they considered a confirmed answer best for the Topic family.

I note that the relative only gave the DNA after the perp's death. This leads me to believe that it was a very close relationship, potentially with a power imbalance, such as parent and child. Perhaps the relative was also a victim.

In time, the relative may change their mind and make the name known.

My guess is that the relative only agreed to give his/her DNA sample on condition the perp's name was not made public. LE may have had to chose between having a private, but confirmed conclusion and having a public, but only suspected, POI. Maybe they considered a confirmed answer best for the Topic family.

I note that the relative only gave the DNA after the perp's death. This leads me to believe that it was a very close relationship, potentially with a power imbalance, such as parent and child. Perhaps the relative was also a victim.

In time, the relative may change their mind and make the name known.

true could have been a deathbed confession.

If the tooth wasn’t discovered for 40 years, how would the police have known back then the perp was missing a tooth? They couldn’t have advised the public back then either. Or am I missing something??

Is it possible that the killer had special needs? Maybe he was autistic or had some other issues and his family quietly shipped him off out west to prevent him from going to jail. Maybe he was institutionalized out there or lived with distant family. They obviously knew what he did and just waited until he died to out him. If he would be in his 70s now, his parents are likely gone. Perhaps a sibling claimed the reward money and disclosed his identity. THE RIGHT THING FOR THAT PERSON TO DO WOULD BE TO DONATE THE MONEY TO LJUBICA’S MOTHER, not to profit from sharing information that should have been shared 40 years ago for free. I wonder if any of his neighbors from Hickory Rd. (If that is where he lived) remember a 22 yr old with a missing tooth abruptly moving away without logical explanation.

Oct 24 2020
CRIME HUNTER: SHHHHH! In Windsor they don't name cold case killers | Toronto Sun
''In the week since Toronto detectives named Christine Jessop’s killer after 36 heartbreaking years, tips have come pouring in.

The big city cops decided to do what any good police service would do: Go public, take the leads and see where they go.''

''Now, detectives want to know: Did Hoover rape and kill before or after Christine? What were his movements? Where did he live?

Are there other victims?

Hoover’s dead but a murder of that sickening nature is seldom a one off.

In Windsor, Police Chief Pam Mizuno sees things quite differently than Toronto detectives, local politicians and the community at large.''

Oct 24 2020
CRIME HUNTER: SHHHHH! In Windsor they don't name cold case killers | Toronto Sun
''In the week since Toronto detectives named Christine Jessop’s killer after 36 heartbreaking years, tips have come pouring in.

The big city cops decided to do what any good police service would do: Go public, take the leads and see where they go.''

''Now, detectives want to know: Did Hoover rape and kill before or after Christine? What were his movements? Where did he live?

Are there other victims?

Hoover’s dead but a murder of that sickening nature is seldom a one off.

In Windsor, Police Chief Pam Mizuno sees things quite differently than Toronto detectives, local politicians and the community at large.''

I am sooooo happy to see this article; the pressure needs to be put on them. Hard.

Police continue to ask the public for tips about Calvin Hoover, who they believe killed Christine Jessop. They named him as the killer even though he is dead. They want to know where he was and what he was doing, before and after he committed this murder. They probably want to find out if he committed any other crimes.
Police are not naming the killer of Ljubica Topic. They say it is because he is dead. Is this specific protocol just for the Windsor police force? Is it a provincial or federal law and the release of Calvin Hoover’s name was a one time deal? Is it perhaps because Ljubica Topic’a killer was already in jail somewhere for something else so they know he didn’t commit any other crimes and therefore they aren’t releasing his name because they don’t need the public’s help? Was there something wrong with him and he would not be considered criminally responsible? Was he institutionalized somewhere in some capacity which makes them certain he wasn’t able to reoffend?
Why don’t the Windsor police want to know where he was and what he was doing? Why aren’t they asking the public like the Toronto police force is doing in the Jessop case?

RSBM
... Is it a provincial or federal law and the release of Calvin Hoover’s name was a one time deal? Is it perhaps because Ljubica Topic’a killer was already in jail somewhere for something else so they know he didn’t commit any other crimes and therefore they aren’t releasing his name because they don’t need the public’s help? ...
Why don’t the Windsor police want to know where he was and what he was doing? Why aren’t they asking the public like the Toronto police force is doing in the Jessop case?

Can't be Federal or Windsor would release it too;
Can't be provincial as both cities are in the same province;
Can't be because he was in jail so they knew he didn't commit any more (what about doing any before her?); and
Your guess is as good as mine on the "why aren't they asking". IMO, it's garbage --- they owe the dude not a single iota of privacy.[/QUOTE]

Im going to need some help here. I've been going through obits for 15 months from the 4 "western provinces". Then cross examining each one. I finally have a hit! Now ive come to a standstill and cannot confirm or deny 100% because im not familiar with many current search methods.
I can tell you he was born in 1948 in NS. Lived "a short while" in Ontario and eventually settled in Alberta. He was a painter for construction. As for family or connections in Windsor, i can tell you, a man with the same last name lived on Cadillac st. as a watchmen at a construction site.
I can only go this far. I need some quidance or some serious help. I hope this is the name we want to see released.

Im going to need some help here. I've been going through obits for 15 months from the 4 "western provinces". Then cross examining each one. I finally have a hit! Now ive come to a standstill and cannot confirm or deny 100% because im not familiar with many current search methods.
I can tell you he was born in 1948 in NS. Lived "a short while" in Ontario and eventually settled in Alberta. He was a painter for construction. As for family or connections in Windsor, i can tell you, a man with the same last name lived on Cadillac st. as a watchmen at a construction site.
I can only go this far. I need some quidance or some serious help. I hope this is the name we want to see released.
Have you figured anything out yet? I don't know much about doing research in Canada, I'm in the US, but if you want to pm me, I'll try to help you or find someone who can.

Have you figured anything out yet? I don't know much about doing research in Canada, I'm in the US, but if you want to pm me, I'll try to help you or find someone who can.

Im still working on it but i have Vern helping me out as well now. Ty

Im very unskilled with this site. I dont know how to private message.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back